• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings Melee!!! Sunday Jan 31st

Dart

Smash Lord
also weekends are when ppl are generally free from obligations such as work and school. i was told melee also goes faster than brawl so i put it on sunday.
the reason melee moves faster is because every match doesnt turn into a 7 minute campfest.../sarcasm
melee usually moves faster depending on how well its ran/how many setups/ if people cooperate.

darkatma

Smash Hero
the reason melee moves faster is because every match doesnt turn into a 7 minute campfest.../sarcasm
melee usually moves faster depending on how well its ran/how many setups/ if people cooperate.
lol no hate on brawl, rauleen and milk are the ones hosting this, they were nice enough to let us get melee in on sunday

plus I might haveta do some 8 minute matches this time, if I'm playing against good people who use bad characters

Dart

Smash Lord
lol no hate on brawl, rauleen and milk are the ones hosting this, they were nice enough to let us get melee in on sunday

plus I might haveta do some 8 minute matches this time, if I'm playing against good people who use bad characters
I wasn't hating on brawl, just hating on the fact that most matches end up a camp fest >.<

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I wasn't hating on brawl, just hating on the fact that most matches end up a camp fest >.<
People definitely can camp in Melee if they want to. I've been camped HARD by Fox, Sheik, and Peach (especially Peach). It's not just the game's fault; Brawl players should get more blame for being gay.

Dart

Smash Lord
People definitely can camp in Melee if they want to. I've been camped HARD by Fox, Sheik, and Peach (especially Peach). It's not just the game's fault; Brawl players should get more blame for being gay.
I wish it were so but...in melee camping is a choice in brawl its a necessity almost :/

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
If you are playing for money, think you can win, abuse the games defensive nature.

If you paid for a tournament and are expecting to get money from it, I say play as gay as possible.

I really hate how campy it can be, but it's whatever, I still like it for what it is, and like Melee for what it is.

Speaking of it, can someone gimme' some Melee tips on Sunday, I wanna' play it more.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Hey, any STL melee smashers want to get together for friendlies sometime before the tourny? I just moved here for college and really want to meet more STL guys who play the game, so lemme know if anyone wants to get a group of people together sometime!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Wow we haven't seen or heard from Smooth in like 2 years. Hope to see you there man.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I'm really looking forward to hosting this guys! Glad people are getting hyped over it!!

Are the melee kids interested in crew battles?

Hype hype hype!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Melee kids are always interested in crew battles.

I can't think of any good regions though. Chitown vs the world would only involve 3-4 players on each team and thats lame. We might just have to play pick teams.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Okay here's a list of housing so far. If it's wrong or if I've left anybody, PLEASE PM ME!!

Houser Housees (possible #)

Book Chicago (4)
Lixi Poplar Bluff (2)
Atma Indiana (3)
Mentok Nebraska (5)
Nuris KC (10)

Also, I don't think people will care about sleeping on the floor so if you can be like Phil and have more room due to floor space, please allow that for just in case or last minute housing needs. Please and thanks.

Also, also, figure out your crews yo!

Nuris

Smash Lord
Holy **** im housing 10 people on my floor lol
ITS GONNA BE A ROUGH NIGHT FOR YOU GUYS

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yesssss Atma <3

Atma we need to throw a smashfest and invite Chi-town + KC Sat night (otherwise you might be dissapointed in the skill of players you are housing. The 2 coming with me are fairly new)

Radium88

Smash Lord
Holy **** im housing 10 people on my floor lol
ITS GONNA BE A ROUGH NIGHT FOR YOU GUYS
Well they said 5-10....so it might not even be 10 but if it is, it's only for one night....sorry :(

Yesssss Atma <3

Atma we need to throw a smashfest and invite Chi-town + KC Sat night (otherwise you might be dissapointed in the skill of players you are housing. The 2 coming with me are fairly new)
No problem! (lawl @ crossthread responses)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Okay here's a list of housing so far. If it's wrong or if I've left anybody, PLEASE PM ME!!

Houser Housees (possible #)

Book Chicago (4)
Lixi Poplar Bluff (2)
Atma Indiana (3)
Mentok Nebraska (5)
Nuris KC (10)

Also, I don't think people will care about sleeping on the floor so if you can be like Phil and have more room due to floor space, please allow that for just in case or last minute housing needs. Please and thanks.

Also, also, figure out your crews yo!
Is this housing arrangement for Saturday night only?

Radium88

Smash Lord
Is this housing arrangement for Saturday night only?
As far as I know, these are the people interested in melee only so it should be only for Saturday night.

Who am I housing?
Um...chicago? But if you mean names, ask Tink.

Also <3 Banjo Kazooie

The housing info is for Saturday housing only! If you are planning on coming in Friday night PLEASE TELL ME G'DARNIT!

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Alright. I have an open couch and I'll try to get some mattresses or bedding for three more.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
melee will have a moderate amount of players and a high amount of skill resty
also I think viperboy is coming, that's what tink told me anyway

darkatma

Smash Hero
Yesssss Atma <3

haha i dunno if my dorm could hold that many people.
we could have the smashfest at phil's though. (Nuris) He's housing the entirety of KC anyways

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Phil's place going to be party town USA.

$5 on Phil in inevitable speed-eating tourney.

Top Bottom