• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Housing / Hotel Roommate thread for Genesis 2!

The King

Smash Ace
Sup Smashers, and welcome to the Housing / Roommate thread for Genesis 2!

This thread is for anyone who does not already have their housing plans figured out for the duration of their stay in Norcal before, during and/or after the tournament. With as many out-of-towners coming to Genesis-2 this time around, it's going to take the entire community stepping up to the plate in any way they can!

While this won't be a "sign-up sheet" thread of sorts, I will be updating this first post with anybody who states they are available to house fellow smashers.

This doesn't necessarily have to mean housing in your home, either! With the close proximity of the Ramada Inn to the tournament venue, some smashers may be searching for a couple roommates in one of the hotel rooms to cut down on costs.

If you've got a hotel room reserved already and are looking for a couple extra smashers to help round out the bill, post here!

If you're an out-of-towner with nowhere to stay, and would love to either house with someone or room with them in their booked hotel room, post here!

(If you are generously offering housing, please state the distance / approximate time from the venue which your home is located from the tournament venue)

Housing Section:

(If you are looking to rent out spots in your room, or simply need a spot in someone's room to stay, please state either 1.) How many openings there are in your room, or 2.) How long you would intend on staying at the hotel.)

Hotel Roommate Section:

Codi

Smash Ace
If I end up going i'll need housing or a place to stay. I'm coming from Long Island New York!

gtKarma

Smash Cadet
I need a house to stay, I live in Cali but pretty far away, like a 6 hour drive. I will be bringing a few people, so if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!

Lt.Scheisskopf

Smash Rookie
My pal and I are coming down from the dirty five-three-oh at UCD and we'll be getting a room with our scholarship money. We're anticipating getting a double-queen, so we'll probably have a fair amount of room for people to crash if they're willing to pay a bit. For anyone who is coming from across the country -- WE WILL PAY FOR A GENEROUS AMOUNT OF YOUR ROOM IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH US. It'll probably only cost you like 5-10 bucks.
Plane tickets are f***** expensive these days, and I feel for you poor guys. I'll probably bring some extra sleeping bags and stuff.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm searching for someone that's driving past (or is willing to come up to) Eureka/Kneeland California. My grandparents live in the mountainous area near the northern bay area, and I have no way of making it down all the way to Antioche otherwise. Would anyone be willing to help me out here? I can help chip in on gas, and not just the hotel.

The King

Smash Ace
Back to the top for the sake of locating this from the primary tournament thread!

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Hey, so me, Vish, and Kou (best Melee Falco in Japan), as well as Rain and Earth (Brawlers from Japan, they were at Apex) are arriving in Norcal on the WEDNESDAY before Genesis, not Thursday. And just for Wednesday night, we'd like a place to stay that isn't a hotel - we'll go to the Ramada Inn on Thursday.

Anyone wanna put us up for one night? We're good at smash :D

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Hey, so me, Vish, and Kou (best Melee Falco in Japan), as well as Rain and Earth (Brawlers from Japan, they were at Apex) are arriving in Norcal on the WEDNESDAY before Genesis, not Thursday. And just for Wednesday night, we'd like a place to stay that isn't a hotel - we'll go to the Ramada Inn on Thursday.

Anyone wanna put us up for one night? We're good at smash :D
thats a lot of ppl to house for one day lol XD

<3 Toph

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Justin, you friends with any Brawl players? Rain and Earth are really good and I bet if you asked any Brawl player in Norcal to put those 2 guys up, they'd be down.

Then me, Vish and Kou could move in with you for a night. Eh? <3 <3 <3

Edit: This goes to anyone else as well. :D If you're a Brawl player and want to JUST put Rain and Earth up for a night, that would be excellent. Me, Vish and Kou (just the 3 of us) can then try to shack up somewhere else.

I'd like to add that distance is not really a factor provided you can drop us off at a BART on Thursday morning. We can take the BART to Antioch on our own, so if you live really far from Antioch it's not that big a deal.

fribjits

Smash Apprentice
Since the Ramada Inn sold out all of their rooms, myself and a friend (Melee players) are looking to bunk with anyone willing to share in one of the hotel rooms. We'd help with the cost of course and don't take up too much room.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Same problem as fribjits. Ramada is full, so I'm looking for anyone that's willing to room with me and two other friends. Would prefer housing, but if someone has room to spare at the hotel, we could help with the room costs. Please pm me, I really want to make this.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if anyone is willing to house me, I'd be really grateful. Please PM me or something if any housing opportunity comes up; this would be my first major tournament ever and I would REALLY love to go...

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I'm TommyDerMeister, from AZ, I'm a Brawl player, but since I'm from AZ I also play a little Melee too.

If anyone staying at the Ramada is looking for someone to split costs with and can take someone, I'm looking for a spot. I'll take a spot on the floor, IDGAF. I don't take up a lot of room.

I'm coming up in a car from AZ, but I am not rooming with the people I'm coming with, they all have other arrangements in the hotel, so I'm still looking.

Anyone please let me know, I'll love you long time

EDIT: Never mind, I'm all situated now.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
can someone house and play with me (and probably bizzaro flame and possibly one more person) on the monday after genesis? our driver wants to spend another day in norcal.

PM, AIM me (xroflmaowtfx), or text me (623-203-3351) if you want to. i'm probably gonna forget to check back here :(

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Course this kinda late, but;

Brick, me, Asadelta, Kyte, Kev2k, and Yugo all would like some type of housing on the Wed. 13th (not the 14th), so that we can get out there early enough to train/warmup. Anywhere 1-2 hours from Antioch would be grand!

I understand there's already a lot of housing requests, just thought I'd put this up here.

yoshq

Smash Master
is this thread being updated at all? also, need somewhere to stay tuesday before and monday after; my flight gets in tuesday and leaves tuesday. ill pay for the hotel if anyone booked a room those days.

PHAMnomenal

Smash Rookie
Hi. I got a two queen bed hotel room, and only two people staying in the room because of some people flaking. If you need a room, just hit me up.

Edit: accidentally said bedroom instead of bed.

scimmyboy

Smash Rookie
i believe there are still rooms available for the ramada. i called in 3 days ago and apparently they only have single queen rooms left

Top Bottom