• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
All night hm? I work til 10... is there an exact location? I'm trying to get as much practice as I can in before the tournament, if it's (relatively) close I might try to come for the night.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
All night hm? I work til 10... is there an exact location? I'm trying to get as much practice as I can in before the tournament, if it's (relatively) close I might try to come for the night.

Yea sure you could come over whenever. Anybody is welcome. Mytime the only people that I was able to get a hold of to come is Popertop and some other guy.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
guys please state which game you want to MM me in, although im sure the ones who didnt state their game of choice wanted to MM me in brawl... no one wants to play me in melee :p

Popertop

Smash Champion
Actually, my plans just changed.
I'm gonna be hanging out with my friend that's leaving for Brazil in a couple months, and he'll be there for two years.... so I'll have to call off the smashfest today...
Maybe some other time. we have all summer.
Sorry Axxo. :/

M

MyTime123

still here in baytown, who all is over there axxo? stilts and i dont wanna drive an hour 1 way to play each other.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
So I didn't get home until just now, it was insanely busy at work today. I don't feel like driving into Houston after that so maybe some other time.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I just got a great idea for a sig, and I need someone to make it for me.
Anyone that is interested, pm me.
ALso, is there any way to change your name?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just got a great idea for a sig, and I need someone to make it for me.
Anyone that is interested, pm me.
ALso, is there any way to change your name?
You can change name by donating to the site, or get brownie points with a mod and hope they like you enough to do it. ;)

I'd be free for some smash this Sunday if anyone isn't busy. :)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
LOL...wow...
it's assumed by most people that falcon sucks...which is true, in many people's cases...
but my friend just beat me like 6 or 7/10 matches using him against me for the first time...

It was humiliating, lol >_<
Then again, he already knows my playing style real well, and I caught onto his eventually...startin winnin matches more often after that.
But still...geez, there isn't a single char out there that just plain sucks. You can get good with ANYONE in brawl!...just some more easily than others. I kinda admire that.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol so i just realized that for the last 9000 pages every other post has been rofl_pwny :p

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Ahahaha Furbs, yeah, I'm constantly switching between this thread and Myspace lol. Don't have much else to do while I'm at home at night, I don't usually watch tv. Well other than playing Brawl that is.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I seriously dou.......wow, hey, you're right! Like, there isn't a page without at least one Rofl Pwny post! :p

Lol, I was like that for sometime...then I was like, heck with it I don't need no stinkin post counts....I need practice :ohwell:

Popertop

Smash Champion
Hey Furbs, 25cMM?
Whatever vs Whatever, I guess your yoshi.
Yeah. Yoshi ditto maybe?
I dunno.
Brawl, but I'll MM you in melee too if you want to.

DingDing, you wanna MM too?

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
It's not for post count.

It's not like I wouldn't rather be playing Brawl, but I find playing CPUs boring. My internet sucks, plus online lags anyways, and I can't have friends over all the time. So I don't get a lot of time actually playing PEOPLE.

Plus, I'd like to get to know the Houston people more. At the last PZ tournament I didn't know anyone and I was randomly walking around saying hi to people. I'd like to actually know some people at the June 7th tourney. :)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
It's not for post count.

It's not like I wouldn't rather be playing Brawl, but I find playing CPUs boring. My internet sucks, plus online lags anyways, and I can't have friends over all the time. So I don't get a lot of time actually playing PEOPLE.

Plus, I'd like to get to know the Houston people more. At the last PZ tournament I didn't know anyone and I was randomly walking around saying hi to people. I'd like to actually know some people at the June 7th tourney. :)
Yeah, know how it is. Online lags, brawl comps still kinda suck for practicing, and my friends aren't available 24/7 (then again, neither am I :ohwell:). So I figure, heck why not just threadatize with other houston smashers?

Btw, any1 know any good link/lucas players that record matches and post em on smashboards/youtube/whatever (OTHER than Deva)? I've got their fighting styles down, especially link's, and ive gotten the hang of how they should fight against other certain specific characters, but I just needa see how I can improve with either of them (if possible :p).

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Hey Furbs, 25cMM?
Whatever vs Whatever, I guess your yoshi.
Yeah. Yoshi ditto maybe?
I dunno.
Brawl, but I'll MM you in melee too if you want to.

DingDing, you wanna MM too?
lol k,
if you want me to play yoshi though i'll win :p j/k

although i'm really trying to get good with jiggs and wolf! so whatever you want. although i'm going to be in california this summer so i won't be here for hobo 5 :O

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, no Brawl on West Coast since they like Melee more.

inb4lolmeleeisbetter,duh

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I personally think there should be Melee as the side event for the next tournament, I've only gotten to battle a couple people in Melee before, and they use the same characters, and fighting the computer to have them user other characters doesn't work well, since they have perfect timing, and on top of that, they spam the same moves over and over and some characters suck when played as computers (like ganondorf). I'd like to battle someone who uses someone other that Dr. Mario or Falco in Melee some time, because those two are pretty much the only two I ever fight.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
hey guys, june 14th im planning on having a big fighting game tourney night

there will be brawl of course, along with tekken 5, guilty gear, and SC3(i know thats the worst one, but i gotta do the newest)

entrance is 15$ per tourney or 50$ to enter all(save 10$.)

it's over a month away so you should be able to save up that much if you want to come.

if around 30 people show, we can give cash prizes. it's at a real venue, not a house, so there's revenue involved for the business =/

itll be in beaumont, contact me for more info, id love for houston to make a showing =)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you are talking Brawl, sure :). I will do any character vs my G&W.

Edit:

RT, you are wrong. There are pleanty of tournaments going on in the west coast. Way more brawl then Melee.
Sarcasm on the Internets is hard to express. ;)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I personally think there should be Melee as the side event for the next tournament, I've only gotten to battle a couple people in Melee before, and they use the same characters, and fighting the computer to have them user other characters doesn't work well, since they have perfect timing, and on top of that, they spam the same moves over and over and some characters suck when played as computers (like ganondorf). I'd like to battle someone who uses someone other that Dr. Mario or Falco in Melee some time, because those two are pretty much the only two I ever fight.
You, and Everyone else. Anyone want to get together and Play some Brawl and Melee?

I live near downtown houston...pm me.

Top Bottom