• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD I ran off the stage 3 times lol

SO why don't you practice for a few days and show me how good you really are

Cesar = Awesome and who is Kage?

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
XD I ran off the stage 3 times lol

SO why don't you practice for a few days and show me how good you really are

Cesar = Awesome and who is Kage?
he also plays melee and is a really good friend of mine i still play melee with him when we hang out. some ppl from smashboards know him too, he just doesn't post anymore

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Apparently you changed your mind or something. If it were any other big Brawl tournament I'd be joining with I would, but you're infamously a ****.

I turned you down and you become a big baby. Maybe you should change your tournament's name to "Allan's love fest" if people agree and love your opinions so much. But I'm pretty sure even if you named it that they are there to play Brawl and have a good time no matter who the **** the host is as long as they do their job.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*looks back at events run by other people in this state*

yea my events are bigger.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
MOAST3 still has all your HOBOs beat at 128 =P

And they had free name tags. That like automatically makes them better.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Street Fighter 2 is dead. But that's because it found a proper replacement. Alpha, EX, and 3 didn't even kill it. I'm pretty sure that's 4's job. But that's because 4 is a 'good enough' replacement for those who didn't 'move on'. So all the same we'll keep playing Melee even if it were as low as 12 people all the while informing you to **** off.

Xyro77

Street Fighter 2 is dead. But that's because it found a proper replacement. Alpha, EX, and 3 didn't even kill it. I'm pretty sure that's 4's job. But that's because 4 is a 'good enough' replacement for those who didn't 'move on'. So all the same we'll keep playing Melee even if it were as low as 12 people all the while informing you to **** off.

SF and smash can never be compared. Move on to brawl. accept change, its what your obama wants u to do.

and alex, melee was a different era. In brawl it all restarts.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I don't decide my political ideas around corny slogans. And the games and how they operate were not what I was referring to. You're not even meeting halfway on understanding. The issue is popularity. How many people hardly matters because both games require a grand total of 2 players. The more the merrier, but I know **** well there's at least 10 people who feel the same way and would rather play Melee or nothing. Alive enough for them, plenty alive enough for me.

By the way again, **** off.

Xyro77

TGM makes me laugh my *** off. I never heard someone use "Melee is dead" as an arguement in this day of time. TX must suck for Melee competition now if this is his basis for whether Melee is dead or not.
your right. tx melee days are gone. tx best player(royr) and countless other amazing players have moved on to brawl.

I don't decide my political ideas around corny slogans. And the games and how they operate were not what I was referring to. You're not even meeting halfway on understanding. The issue is popularity. How many people hardly matters because both games require a grand total of 2 players. The more the merrier, but I know **** well there's at least 10 people who feel the same way and would rather play Melee or nothing. Alive enough for them, plenty alive enough for me.

By the way again, **** off.
melee or nothing at all? either way its a win win situation. be alienated or just stop playing all together. either way melee is dead.

you can throw all the facts you want to try and claim i dont understand.....the TRUTH is.....brawl is the future.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
your right. tx melee days are gone. tx best player(royr) and countless other amazing players have moved on to brawl.

melee or nothing at all? either way its a win win situation. be alienated or just stop playing all together. either way melee is dead.

you can throw all the facts you want to try and claim i dont understand.....the TRUTH is.....brawl is the future.
I never denied this. All I said is that you're a dumb ***got if you think that a game being more popular makes it better.

Xyro77

all i have to say is the people flock to the better game. and ill leave you with that,

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah...he just says random crap when he knows he's losing at an argument

TX does not suck competitively

Who wants to play today??? That lives close to me

Stark

Smash Rookie
Want to play some time Stark???
Love to whenever the next tournament is haha. I didn't go with Timerbomb and Bacon since my BDay was the next day so tough luck for me :p But the next I'm defitnely plannin' to go to.

-SFu

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
The realist **** I never wrote... The end is the best part.

Also, I dont want to play Brawl, its too hard and all the kids will laugh at me when I get one stocked 0%. Which in Brawl is the new 4 stock.

Gabe, I love you.
Ronnie, I love you.
Ceasar, I love you.
Aaron, I love you.
Von, I love you.
James, I love you.
Alex, I love you.
Josh, I love you.
Allan, Im going to **** you. (The Gay Way) I'm talking 100% homosexual, if you don't leave.

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, no Alex ;) my prereques for the game is that I have to have fun with it :) heh, you already know how I feel

heh, Allan didn't vote Obama? I could have seen that a mile away! heh, Allan has always been one of my favorite (and predictable, not talkin in-game) smashers, but what started as a great help to the smash community has ended up being something flagging old accomplishments (and admittedly great deeds towards the smash community) towards ends that currently seem to be destructive.

Just because you can do good in melee with tech skill doesn't mean it has less mindgames.. ..

in fact, many mindgames revolved around the various nuances of melee technique.

bluezaft

The True Zaft

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Who wants to go to that??? 'Cause I can't XD finals are that week for me so I doubt I'll make that one

SSBM doesn't hurt to play XD there

Seriously though guys....I'm getting bored lol I need to play SSBM soon. The last time I played was at the tournament lol

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Who wants to go to that??? 'Cause I can't XD finals are that week for me so I doubt I'll make that one

SSBM doesn't hurt to play XD there

Seriously though guys....I'm getting bored lol I need to play SSBM soon. The last time I played was at the tournament lol
Saturday, maybe. Would you even have a ride? It's such short notice I couldn't make a tournament date on it, but maybe a couple people could come over and play some.

bluezaft: Another maybe there. Work schedule conflicts. December 6; I'll remember.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
XD nice sig

Why are we sadly awaiting January?
Because unless someone else holds an event I'll be busy working the holidays. I'm pretty sure I said this earlier and no one said anything about planning an event so...

Xyro77

TX does not suck competitively
i assume your talking bout melee. Take a look at the old melee days.....we have KICK A$$ players in Houston,SA,Austin,Dallas. Now fast forward today............all we have is SA and maybe dallas. but even then, thier numbers are decreasing. SO as a whole, tx has LOST it......if it ever had it.

heh, Allan didn't vote Obama? I could have seen that a mile away! heh, Allan has always been one of my favorite (and predictable, not talkin in-game) smashers, but what started as a great help to the smash community has ended up being something flagging old accomplishments (and admittedly great deeds towards the smash community) towards ends that currently seem to be destructive.
Heck yea i voted for Mc Cain. I wont explain it cause if you voted obama theres no way you would ever change your mind. your drinking his kool-aid.

But about smash, how are my deeds currently destructive?

Do you say this because i leave melee out of the picture? When brawl came out i went to the GS tourney and realized just how bad the game was. i lost first round and was eliminated by a mario player. I came home and was getting beat by ivysaur,mario and bascily every character in the **** game. I spent about 3 weeks getting my wifi to work only to find that its TRASH.......but guess what. I realized that things change(wether its for the better or worse....thats opinion) and theres no reason to fight it. SO i accepte dbrawl and made the best of it.....and because of that, i have:

Increasing the number of tournaments in Houston by 2 fold.
Increasing turnout by about 2-3 times
Increasing more OOS/OOC players coming to Houston(in melee we almost never had anybody show up).

None of this WOULD never have happend if we stayed in melee. Oh and if its SOOOO bad and im SOOO messed up and this whole thing is SOOOO destructive.......They why does the VALLEY and DALLAS and SA and AUSTIN and LOUISIANA(2 times now) and M2k/Azen/edreese/DSF all travel to the great city of HOUSTON? The people want what i produce........and what i produce is brawl .

This post is not aimed at any of you in a BAD way. IM just explaining things.

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I was living in Australia for a bit and now I'm in Houston again (my smash home, it's where I learned to wavedash ;) ). So are there no tourneys/bi-weeklies for Melee anymore until Janurary?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Just because you can do good in melee with tech skill doesn't mean it has less mindgames.. ..

in fact, many mindgames revolved around the various nuances of melee technique.
I love chris.

AT TGM

You know whats weird about your statement... you admit that brawl sucks... but you play it for reasons mainly being cause alot of others play it... But your not winning in it... so I ask you. What is it about a game that has a ton of players that makes you want to play?

Is it, you like being surrounded by little kids?
Do you want attention?
Tryinng to make new friends?...
What is it?...

Basically,... Your saying you'll play a game that sucks (that you think sucks), just to have the company of others?

Your not playing for money or fun... so What are you playing for?

Serious question?...

Stark

Smash Rookie
Someone hold a smash fest haha I don't think there's anythign around where bacon/me/timerbomb live to do it :p

-SFu

Kal

Smash Champion
Heck yea i voted for Mc Cain. I wont explain it cause if you voted obama theres no way you would ever change your mind. your drinking his kool-aid.
Heck yeah, I voted for Obama. I won't explain it, because if you voted for McCain, there's no way you would ever change your mind. You're drinking his Kool-Aid.

But about smash, how are my deeds currently destructive?
I wouldn't say your posts are destructive. Your opinion won't matter to anyone in the Melee community, ever. Realistically, the only thing we don't like about your posts is how ****ing annoying they are. Maybe you should leave us alone, since none of us troll the Brawl threads (specifically yours) bashing the game or its community.

Do you say this because i leave melee out of the picture? When brawl came out i went to the GS tourney and realized just how bad the game was. i lost first round and was eliminated by a mario player. I came home and was getting beat by ivysaur,mario and bascily every character in the **** game. I spent about 3 weeks getting my wifi to work only to find that its TRASH.......but guess what. I realized that things change(wether its for the better or worse....thats opinion) and theres no reason to fight it. SO i accepte dbrawl and made the best of it.....and because of that, i have:
I think us wanting to play Melee is more than enough reason to fight it.

Increasing the number of tournaments in Houston by 2 fold.
Increasing turnout by about 2-3 times
Increasing more OOS/OOC players coming to Houston(in melee we almost never had anybody show up).

None of this WOULD never have happend if we stayed in melee. Oh and if its SOOOO bad and im SOOO messed up and this whole thing is SOOOO destructive.......They why does the VALLEY and DALLAS and SA and AUSTIN and LOUISIANA(2 times now) and M2k/Azen/edreese/DSF all travel to the great city of HOUSTON? The people want what i produce........and what i produce is brawl .
God forbid there's some reasonable explanation for this, like the ridiculous hype Brawl has had, and the ridiculous amount of free money you get from the ridiculous number of n00bs entering because of the ridiculous hype. Do you honestly think most of them are there for the competition? It's the money they're interested in, not the game.

This post is not aimed at any of you in a BAD way. IM just explaining things.
By condescending to us? Allan, your post is aimed at everyone in this thread in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom