• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Jeez this looks corny. Will Smith PLEASE save this movie.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Children are not welcome here.

If your parents actually let you come over here, I'd have to call child protective services or something.

Xyro77

I blame myself. I brought Cali here for WHOBO 1 and they brought drugs.

The scene was never the same after that.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Don't blame yourself Xyro. I live in this mess and it hasn't changed me. I'm just pointing out that bringing children (or anyone with a weak will) over here is stupid. A quick glance on the average day makes it pretty clear you cant leave your kids there.

Big difference between 15-18 year olds and 10-13 year olds.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Eh, they're pretty cool about it so it doesn't bug me.

But yeah, probably not the best place for kids.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So it turns out getting food poisoning isn't cool...

Teshie U

Smash Lord
You could say 18+, but honestly I haven't been exposed to anything here that I didn't encounter in high school.

There are actually people that are HAPPY splatoon doesnt have voice chat. Why is Nintendo casting a shadow over this game with scrub nonsense.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
That still doesn't make it appropriate for all ages or even under 18 lol. I don't like the environment it has become and will not be going even for smash. I'd rather wifi or meet up somewhere else or go to a fest.

I can't fathom how behind Nintendo is in the online department. Xbox live launch was better than current Nintendo online WTF.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
If they're afraid of trash talk, they should have a Destiny voice chat system. You can only hear your teammates the whole time and you have the option of muting the voice chat. WHY DIS BE HARD?

Xyro77

I will be hosting a $1000 prize pool Smash WiiU 1vs1 event at Comic Palooza on May 23rd.

There is a cap of 128 entrants so first come first served. If you would like to guarantee yourself a spot, once you buy the con badge, send me a pic of the receipt WITH YOUR GAMER TAG to was7x@hotmail.com and I will guarantee you a spot in the 1vs1 Smash WiiU event.

This event will be filled with many many casuals so the chances of us competitive smashers getting our hands on some of the money will be easier than normal.

For more info on the Smash WiiU 1vs1 event at Comic Palooza, please go here: www.smashboards.com/threads/may-23-2015-comic-palooza-2015-1000-guaranteed-pot-for-smash-4-houston-tx.388710/

Teshie U

Smash Lord
@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer Yea, its unfortunate.

There are so many ways to avoid toxicity in voice chat that this shouldn't be an issue. Locking voice chat behind parental controls AND making it optional (give us friends only mode, easy 1 button muting for annoying players) would be so easy and its been done hundreds of times with no problems.
I know there was alot of outcry on twitter towards the developers. Maybe they will reverse the decision if people complain enough.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
This event will be filled with many many casuals so the chances of us competitive smashers getting our hands on some of the money will be easier than normal.
Ok, just don't SMASH those casuals too hard, or they'll leave the scene apparently.

I won't be able to attend that weekend though. Kansas City Pokemon Regionals are going on, Sync and P4 are also going.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
@ Whispy Whispy question
Why did you pick up Jigglypuff
I thought I was the only person who used Jigglypuff half seriously here

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
@ Whispy Whispy Considering we fought twice in the same weekend, I now have a goal to beat you. I think it's doable for me now, so give me about 5 years to git gud then I'll win.

Top Bottom