• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
No. Once you start banning specific moves, it's get into the Brawl MK bull**** where you have to keep making rules and rules. Either keep them all or ban them all.

Now do it for every single player who doesn't have a 3DS.

Play me on wifi rn.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Worst argument of all time ever. Metaknight was a CHARACTER. Custom moves are character sets in a game.
I'll never play Wi-Fi with the likes of you.

z00ted

The argument is about taking away 350+ new options and creating a new game compared to banning everything because of those options is "broken". Diddy isn't even broken, lmao people are babies.

And alright I'm getting on, fish.

z00ted

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ok yeah, dk's up b is pretty bad but just ban it

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sup guys! Xyro here. Ive been getting PMs/posts on Facebook and SWF asking me to do more Smash 4 related tournaments to help people not get rusty in between TGC events. I thought about it and i've decided ill help you guys out by helping others out. So let me introduce to you a new tournament series.

Smash @ The Dragon's Den 1!
March 14th, 2015 https://www.facebook.com/events/785052711564367/

Smash @ The Dragon's Den or S@DD for short, is a brand new monthly Smash WiiU tournament series by the good folks at Dragon's Den, a table top gaming/card shop (magic, yugioh, warhammer...etc). The start of my TOing days began solely because of a gaming focused business decided to throw me a bone so it is my duty to give back to the very industry that made me what i am today, TO wise. Having said that, i will be at S@DD 1 to ensure the experience is of the highest possible quality and to make sure that things run smooth.

Venue fee is 5$ but becomes free to the 1st 10 players who bring a FULL set-up (smash 4/wiiu/tv)
1vs1 is 5$
2vs2 is 5$ each
The winners of 1vs1 and 2vs2 get in for free at the next S@DD monthly
Snacks, drinks, and of course cards/figurines are available for purchase so please considering buying some of these items to help support the venue.
Of course, if you want more food, there is a Mexcian food place, BBQ food place and tons of fast food near by.

If you have any questions, please contact Zack Hegman at zackhegman@outlook.com or message me on FB or on Smashboards. Guys, lets make this new tournament series a huge success :)

Xyro77

Dont make fun, guys. This event will count for PR and if the venue/host does well, he said he will host more smash 4 events for yall. im just there to teach him stuff and make sure its done right.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Xyro has the been in the works or because we asked for more events in March? ;D

Xyro77

Xyro has the been in the works or because we asked for more events in March? ;D
It's been in the works but only like a week or 2 before yall asked me. It def hasn't been an 8 month super secret plan ive been working on.

I kinda pushed it into high gear when Trela started crying about how Robin is the future and he actually enjoys smash now And how he wants to rep houston. He almost gave up on smash 4 at one point.

Imagine a world without Trela......
I feel poo dripping down my leg at the thought of it :(

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can you PM the info to me or post it here, since I don't have facebook...

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Probably can't make it since I'm on babysitting duty all of spring break
Hope everyone that goes has fun though

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, post the info here. If three people with facebooks are saying the link is broken...

Meerkash

Smash Rookie
NNID
zegmin
Hey everyone, I'm the Host of this event, I believe I figured out what was wrong with the event page so it should work now, sorry for the inconvenience. Regardless here is the event information.

Welcome to Smash @ The Dragon's Den, League City's newest tournament series! S@DD offers a rich social atmosphere and competitive scene for all things Smash. This weekend, we will be hosting a Super Smash Bros Wii U tournament, both in a Singles and Doubles Format. Further information is listed below. Hope to see you there!
*A special thanks to Allan Sims (Xyro) for helping with the TO'ing for this event.
(The Dragon's Den - 2112 Fm 517 Rd E, D i c k inson, Texas | (832) 738-1245)

<<Rules>>
We will be following the same rules as TGC.
(Note: we WILL NOT be hosting Mario Kart 8 or Pokemon VGC)

<<Entry Fee>>
-Venue Fee= $5 Per Person
-Entry Fee=$5 Per Event
Those who bring a full setup (Which includes a Wii U, Tablet, copy of Smash Bros Wii U, and TV/Monitor) will
have their venue fee waived. This applies only to the first 10 setups brought in. For the Doubles Tournament, each player will be required to pay $5 to enter. The winners of both singles and doubles will be granted free entry to the next event.
PLEASE BRING SETUPS.

<<Registration Time>>
Registration Time will be held from 5:00 to 6:00 PM on Saturday. During this time, friendly matches are allowed.
Doubles will start between 6:30 and 7:00. Singles will start at 8:00. Anyone who is not at the venue for their
matches will be DISQUALIFIED. Setup will begin at 3:00 PM anyone who would like to is more than welcome to help out.

<<Entry Limit>>
Singles will have an entry limit of 48 players, this is on a first come first serve basis.

<<Payout>>
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 30%
3rd Place - 10%

<<Notes>>
-Dragon's Den offers reasonably priced snacks and drinks. Restaurants are located within the vicinity of Dragon's Den, offering seafood, burgers, barbecue, and Mexican food.

-Please show respect towards all competitors and please try to practice good hygiene. Bad manners will result in both a disqualification from the tournament and a removal from the venue.

Last edited:

Meerkash

Smash Rookie
NNID
zegmin
I'm not sure if you are looking at the 48 player cap as a good or bad thing, but it is in place because this venue (sadly) is not used to accommodating this many people, it is safe to assume if this Weekly goes well, the player cap will be raised.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
48 cap is fine for a first tourney and especially if the venue has its own limit. Since it's a little far, I'm just worried that if I drive out there that the cap will be reached already is all.

Meerkash

Smash Rookie
NNID
zegmin
Send me a PM with your information and I will make sure a spot is reserved for you.

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
Hey all, new guy here. Is there a good place to get some casual games in? My friend and I were at Insomnia Friday which was cool, but there was only one setup there. Is there another place we don't know about?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Damn, this is far for me. I'll pass since I would probably only go for dubs and friendlies. Good luck to the TO and anyone who enters.

Trela

Smash Lord
48 cap is fine for a first tourney and especially if the venue has its own limit. Since it's a little far, I'm just worried that if I drive out there that the cap will be reached already is all.
Speaking of rides..................................................

SamBlueBox

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBlueBoxx
Hey all, new guy here. Is there a good place to get some casual games in? My friend and I were at Insomnia Friday which was cool, but there was only one setup there. Is there another place we don't know about?
How many people were playing? I could totally bring another setup cause Im always almost there. Also looking for friendlies and practice!!

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I wanna go, but I need a ride. I can either be at Syncs or around the Rice area.

If you don't find a suitable teammate I'll team Xyro

Xyro77

id think all the vehicles going would meet at syncs.

BC, leaf, RT drive so maybe bum a ride from them?

Last edited:

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
How many people were playing? I could totally bring another setup cause Im always almost there. Also looking for friendlies and practice!!
There were 6 or 7 all playing on the 8 player stages, lol. I could bring a setup as well, I'm just not sure if they do that there (was our first time going). My friend and I are trying to get some good practice in before TX Showdown

Top Bottom