• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Roy's recovery is actually kinda good
It covers a lot of horizontal distance and it's vertical is only slighty worse than Marth's
Usually in situations Marth can't recover Roy can

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The fact it has initial invul or super armor or both is silly.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was told it does, just need rage and not at 0%. The effect is just not as strong as it was in Melee.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ive been messing around with Dreamland, Miiverse and Suzuka Castle i feel like Dreamland 64 wind is enough to warrant a separate spot on the stage list but Miiverse? It feels like an exact copy of BF. Are the blast zones the same?

also, what confirmed infinites are in the game now? ill ban those until they are patched.
i need to edit my rules.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unless something really changes my mind, this is prob what i am running with. Before you cry or complain, read and consider the compromise i have made with you babies.

7 neutrals.
9 counter picks.
Players clip coin/PRS/GW judgement for first strike and take turns striking 1 stage until one remains. You can always agree to SV or whatever stage you wish without striking.
2 stage bans.
Miiverse and Battlefield are considered the same (unless there is something i am missing ) so if you ban one you ban both.
Final Destination and Omegas are the same, ban one you ban all.
Coliseum and Wiifit Studio are different but basically the same. I will not remove them because walk offs are perfectly fine in this game but i will accept that if you ban one, you ban both.

Neutral Stage List

Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination/Omega stages
Lylat Cruise
DreamLand 64
Suzuka Castle

Counter Pick Stage List

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Coliseum/WiiFit Studio
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
WuHu Island
Duck Hunt
Pokemon Stadium 2

The rest of the rules can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRQBH9pNW44YAt4FtPE0fmEWw5QSG-Y62t321dIncRg/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It better not be the highlight of Sony. That is like saying The Last of Us of PS4 was the best game on PS4.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Sakuza Castle being a neutral makes 0 sense. It is far from neutral lol.

Also, Miiverse stage has very different ledges compared to Battlefield. Idk if platform height and general size is bigger or not.

Xyro77

Omega stages have different ledges than FD yet we treat them the same. I need more than that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Teryaki Castle being a starter seems very wrong. Even as a CP, it is pushing it. Keeping a stage that has one side as walkoff is asking for trouble.

There would be zero justification for keeping it legal but not Yoshi Island's pipes.

Xyro77

Just finished Microsoft's conference.

1. Halo 5 (exclusive) (FPS). Looks great but appears to be just another Halo with Halo multiplayer. Maybe the multiplayer will work better than the MC collection?

2. Recor (exclusive) (???). Created by Metroid Prime devs. No game play but it appears to be a a 3rd person shooter?

3. X-Bone is now backwards compatible with 360 games. Discs and digital versions work. Can use x-bone features on these games. Very good move.

4. New wireless Xbox "elite"'controller. Adds 2 buttons (paddles) and a "hair trigger lock" button. Clearly aimed for FPS fans.

5. Fallout 4 (multi plat) (3rd person shooter RPG). Smart phone can be used as a 2nd screen. Dogs can be party members. This game looks HUGE!! Fallout 3 comes with this game. Release Nov 10 2015.

6. Madden 16 (multi plat) (sports). August 20th.

7. Plans Vs Zombies 2 (puzzle). Spring 2016.

8. Forza 6 (exclusive) (racing). September 15 2015.

9. Dark Souls 3 (multi plat) (RPG). Early 2016. Oh hell yesssss!!!

10. The Division (multi plat) (squad based 3rd person shooter). Takes place in NY.

11. Rainbow 6: Siege (multi plat) (squad based FPS). October 2015. Lots of destructible parts of the stages.

12. Gigantic (exclusive) (beat em' up). 2016.

13. Now showing like 20 indie games. One of them is a Goat Simulator WTF!

14. Rise of the Tomb Raider (exclusive) (action adventure). Holiday 2015. Tons of QTE :( but the game has some nice environments.

15. Rare is going through its back catalogue. Rare Replay: 30 games (exclusive). August 2015.

16. Sea of Thieves (Exclusive) (action adventure). A cartoony pirate game. Sailing/ship battles. Online players can join your offline game. Developed by Rare.

17. Fable: Legends (exclusive) (RPG). Holiday 2015. Lol no one in the crowd cares. It's a free-to-play game.

18. Xbox controller will be boxed in with all Oculus Rift (VR head set).

19. Microsoft HoloLens (VR headset). Holograms in your living room. MineCraft is for this headset. 2nd player can use tablet to join game. WTF he moved an entire mine craft world from the TV to a table! Uses voice and hands to play the game. No controller needed. This is SICK!

20. Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (exclusive) (3rd person shooter). August 2015. Remaster GoW 1 basically.

21. Hears of War 4 (exclusive) (3rd person shooter). Holiday 2016. Looks pretty damn cool IMO.

22. Show over. You can view the event here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-press-conference-2015/

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Xyro, please at least tell me why Suzaku is a neutral and not a counterpick at the least.
If there are this many stages on the stagelist why are there only two bans?
Also why would you put brand new dlc stages immediately on the starter list when not every set up is going to have them?
Do we have to bring some top player from another region and exploit them with all this cheese to get you to ban these ******** ass stages?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Played ryu from 3 to 7 in the morning with illmatic and booyyyo. Roy can body ryu on and off stage if you aren't on point especially with how fast he is. Ill was everywhere and no where at the same time, but playing him made my recovery skills upgrade beyond comprehension. I foresee ryu kind of getting shield camped by players, but once he's in then your butt is toast. lil mac effect might occur meaning all you pansies who dropped lil mac after OMZG BOUTS TEH MAIN DA MAC!!!...OH WAIT BAD RECOVERY **** DIS CHAR.(razer, avoid, sync). Illmatics roy is ridiculous lol. Literally went from scrub press buttons ryu to do smart things ryu from playing him
YOU A PANSIE. Go main Mac over Ryu and see how well you do. Ryu's recover though bad as it is is still better than his.

Personally I like Roy's recovery. Def picking him up over the other 2 chars. Though not looking forward to facing 5-7 of the same chars at TGC.

Also Xyro, please make another post about the updates of Nintendo's E3 conference.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Unless something really changes my mind, this is prob what i am running with. Before you cry or complain, read and consider the compromise i have made with you babies.

7 neutrals.
9 counter picks.
Players clip coin/PRS/GW judgement for first strike and take turns striking 1 stage until one remains. You can always agree to SV or whatever stage you wish without striking.
2 stage bans.
Miiverse and Battlefield are considered the same (unless there is something i am missing ) so if you ban one you ban both.
Final Destination and Omegas are the same, ban one you ban all.
Coliseum and Wiifit Studio are different but basically the same. I will not remove them because walk offs are perfectly fine in this game but i will accept that if you ban one, you ban both.

Neutral Stage List

Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination/Omega stages
Lylat Cruise
DreamLand 64
Suzuka Castle

Counter Pick Stage List

Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Coliseum/WiiFit Studio
SkyLoft
Kongo Jungle 64
WuHu Island
Duck Hunt
Pokemon Stadium 2

The rest of the rules can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NRQBH9pNW44YAt4FtPE0fmEWw5QSG-Y62t321dIncRg/edit?usp=sharing
Suzaku castle? Nooooo...

I don't want to be taken here by Ryu main #48 and be double faired into the blast zone. The stage has only one good side to fight on and it is a walk-off. The left side has a really small platform and not suited for fighting on. IMO, this stage is worse than Coliseum/Wii fit because there is little space to fight on top of having a permanent walkoff. I would suggest either bumping Duck Hunt up to neutral if you want to keep it 7 starters or or knock Dreamland 64 down to CP.

Gaius also makes a good point about the DLC stages tbh. What is the contingent stage list for setups without the DLC stages? Or are all setups expected to have the DLC? I know a lot of people who have refrained from purchasing day 1 DLC because they're busy/saving money/don't care about the stages.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Avoid, done

Gaius/Knife, Did any of you actually click and read the official rules link? Suzuka Castle is a CP. My advice, stop complaining and start training. Ryu #48 and many many more will take you there anyway.

DL64 is a neutral and it is expected of ALL players who bring a setup to have the stage. I will not alter my events because Bob the cheap @$$ doesnt want to drop $1.99 on a stage. The world doesn't revolve around yall.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You might need to edit your post since it still shows Suzukudukulu Castle as a neutral.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
@Lucy_ya dawg you forgot Bwett. He was another 3DS little Mac that couldn't take the heat.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 If we are striking from 6 stages how do we decide which person gets the extra strike? Seems unfair. You should move Lylat to CP or move Duck Hunt to Starter so you can get an odd number.

Suzaku castle is going to be a disgusting nightmare with that layout when people camp on it. Its got the same issues as jungle japes where someone can just sit in shield on a little platform and avoid many approach options. I really think you are the one butchering our competitive play with the types of things you make us deal with.

For that matter, @Krebs why do you have Kongo 64 legal when you showed exactly why it needs to be banned. Do you/Xyro really think its fair for characters to chain ledge camping into barrel camping and back into ledge camping. Kongo 64 is just a timeout stage and you clearly know how abusive it is.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Avoid, done

Gaius/Knife, Did any of you actually click and read the official rules link? Suzuka Castle is a CP. My advice, stop complaining and start training. Ryu #48 and many many more will take you there anyway.

DL64 is a neutral and it is expected of ALL players who bring a setup to have the stage. I will not alter my events because Bob the cheap @$$ doesnt want to drop $1.99 on a stage. The world doesn't revolve around yall.
Even as a CP, I'm still kinda skeptical of how fair the stage is. I'm definitely gonna have to ban it against Luigi/Ryu/Falcon/Sheik/Ness etc..

I personally have all the DLC downloaded, but expecting full DLC content out of every setup is unrealistic. Are setups without DLC unusable then?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@Lucy_ya dawg you forgot Bwett. He was another 3DS little Mac that couldn't take the heat.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 If we are striking from 6 stages how do we decide which person gets the extra strike? Seems unfair. You should move Lylat to CP or move Duck Hunt to Starter so you can get an odd number.

Suzaku castle is going to be a disgusting nightmare with that layout when people camp on it. Its got the same issues as jungle japes where someone can just sit in shield on a little platform and avoid many approach options. I really think you are the one butchering our competitive play with the types of things you make us deal with.

For that matter, @Krebs why do you have Kongo 64 legal when you showed exactly why it needs to be banned. Do you/Xyro really think its fair for characters to chain ledge camping into barrel camping and back into ledge camping. Kongo 64 is just a timeout stage and you clearly know how abusive it is.
If a TO willfully knows a stage can promote circle camping that is generally unpunishable and then includes the stage as legal, I have to questions the intentions of the TO for keeping it legal. A TO should be trying to keep everything fair.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Maybe at this point I should just accept that arguing about things like semantics is futile

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
Even as a CP, I'm still kinda skeptical of how fair the stage is. I'm definitely gonna have to ban it against Luigi/Ryu/Falcon/Sheik/Ness etc..

I personally have all the DLC downloaded, but expecting full DLC content out of every setup is unrealistic. Are setups without DLC unusable then?
low %s + suzaku castle + sheik's fair + any tall/heavy character (palutena, link, falcon, gannon etc.) = ****-show
Ty TGC for not letting my dreams be dreams.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Click the rules link before you complain about ryu's stage.

Show me the issue with Kongo Jungle 64 please. I havnt seen it yet. If it's bad, I might take care of it.

Xyro77

Just finished Sony conference.

1. The last Guardian (exclusive) (action adventure). Little boy yells at a huge Rat dog with chicken legs for the full demo. I don't understand the hype around this game. 2016.

2. Horizon: Zero Dawn (RPG). Dinosaur machines take over earth. Human tribes with weak technology must stop them.

3. HitMan (3rd person shooter). Only cinematic footage was shown. No gameplay.

4. Street Fighter 5 (exclusive) (fighter). Birdie and Cammy were announced.

5. No Man Sky (FPS/adventure). Appears to be the biggest game ever created in the history of gaming. Every star in the game can be explored. He showed hundred and and hundreds of stars.

6. Dreams. A moving painting. You can create/draw/paint/build using the motion controls and the touch pad of the PS4 controller.

7. FireWatch (1st person adventure). Stuck out in the wild life park. Trying to figure out who sabotaged the communication lines in the park.

8. Destiny: The Taken King (FPS). September 2015. Expansion pack/DLC?

9. Assassin Creed Syndicate (3rd person action/adventure). Female protagonist. Gotta appease the FemaNatzi crowd.

10. World of Final Fantasy (RPG). 2016. Literally a "BABYS 1ST FF." The characters have bobble heads bigger than the actual body. All cute-sie and soft on the eyes graphics. Meant for children.

11. FF7 Remake (RPG). Not an exclusive. Cloud is shown walking through the ghetto. Tough times for such a hottie.

12. About 10 indie games are being shown.

13. Shenmu 3. Devs don't have money to make it. If you want it, go fund it. (Spoilers: it has raised over 1.2 million dollars in 8 hours).

14. Arkham Knight (beat em' up). June 2015.

15. Project Morpheus. VR headset. Several tech demos are becoming thicker games. Trying to make this an e-sport thing.

16. Playstation Veu. Basically TV through PS4. Like what x-bone and WiiU (TVii) do.

17. CoD: Black Ops 3 (FPS). Same game every year. I do like how there is more technology in this one though.

18. StarWars: BattleFront (FPS). November 2015. Looks SUPER good.

19. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. Demo is having issues. Restarting. It works the 2nd time around and DAMN does it look great.

Top Bottom