• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to San Japan. Is it possible to go to San Japan AND LTC?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
No Tesh, I cannot stand playing like fraud scumbag Falcon (literally just mash jab, dash grab and repeat). That still loses to characters that run away. If I really wanted to, I could go Sheik and camp you all to death, but I refuse to play that way. I might be putting a lot more time into fox. He can deal with it better.

Also, that picture was literally right after TGC. I got figuratively drunk and those are the results.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Whispy's pool doesn't look so bad. Its just got Zero and Will (loses to Diddy even with customs on).

Trela plays alot of exploitable characters and could be defeated rather quickly in 2 stock by something he isn't ready for.

These pools likely have a lot of hidden talent, but bracket pools just come down to luck if you aren't a contender for 1st place so... no big deal there.

The only two VGBC members in the tournament are in the same pool.

Grim, I think you are overrating how well Fox deals with that sort of thing. Megafox is the only one that handles it and its mostly because no one ever has the lead on him. You really should look into Ryu. He might be just barely quick enough to catch people and dangerous enough to make them suffer.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just enjoy not being able to kill outside of links or just throwing out random kill moves.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
F-Zero for WiiU was almost a thing back in 2011.

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=205068

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Since I guess people are starting to leave for CEO soon...

Good luck to everyone going. You'll do fine, so have fun. Worst thing you can do is to go and not enjoy the trip. When all else fails, do something unexpected. The rest is fate...

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yeah, as I always say, give 110% in pools. Mark your dominance early.
After the nerf, it takes as much as 140% to get the job done, but thats fine too.

@ Suspect Suspect ,even if he namesearched the word "zero", the fact of the matter is that if he uses diddy for 90% of matchups he won't want to wind up doing sheik vs jiggs if its not comfy for him.

Suspect

Smash Hero
saying if he name searches this then whats the point of doing double blind pick if he knows the plan now

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Reading these FE spoilers is fun.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
CEO is going to be my first big Major. Hopefully i listen to RT and just remember that im going to have fun. obviously ill give it my all and im really improving my overall gameplay. im not at my best, yet. Hopefully CEO becomes a day to remember. ill let destiny take care of my results. (ill be recording behind the scenes with an hd camera, so ill probably upload it a week from the event.) I'll do Houston Proud though. Ive got a few tricks up my sleeves.

Edit: @ Fliphopper Fliphopper For the Diddys!

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
saying if he name searches this then whats the point of doing double blind pick if he knows the plan now
Double Blind picking isn't entirely useless if someone knows you want it. Especially when both players use a handful of characters.

I doubt it would matter a great deal for someone using the 2 best characters in the game, but it does help to scare someone off of an exploitable character.

Also Xyro didn't money match Trela because he knew that I was the best Samus in TX so it would be pointless.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Depends on how good the game actually is.

Each side has different sets of characters, unless you play neutral side. Even then, character(s) are killed off regardless of which version you get...

Ideally, to get the full story, you play through all three scenarios, ending with the neutral ending since the true villain is there...

The game has a lot of fanservice from what I have been reading, and it will get heavily censored because of certain issues.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The incest stuff will likely remain but just be heavily toned down as it was in Awakening and Sacred Stones. Japan gives no ****s about it, but moral panic rises here because of it.

As far as the undressing/Amie stuff, they'll probably keep most of it as long as it isn't overly explicit, like it was for that one scene with Tharja. Fire Emblem isn't exactly a game for kids, so they could conceiveably bump the game to M rating. I doubt it though.

It all doesn't matter in the end. The game will be fine, only the new gen nerds will rage over such trivial matters.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can just do My Castle with StreetPass.

Having live PvP in FE is dumb.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This FE does have online MP, but really...what's the point?

Hamfisting MP into something that is designed to be single-player seems unnecessary. Hooray, my team can fight your team! Who cares, go play Pokemon instead.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Double Blind picking isn't entirely useless if someone knows you want it. Especially when both players use a handful of characters.

I doubt it would matter a great deal for someone using the 2 best characters in the game, but it does help to scare someone off of an exploitable character.

Also Xyro didn't money match Trela because he knew that I was the best Samus in TX so it would be pointless.
You have to use PAC/mega man. I don't. I go straight Samus.

I am the one true Samus King. You are not.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He can be your Samus Queen.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
You have to use PAC/mega man. I don't. I go straight Samus.

I am the one true Samus King. You are not.
The same reason Krebs is the best villager main in TX. Bc has to rely on Diddy to get his wins.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I actually really wanted this multiplayer
Me and Sync were talking about it and I think it can be great if the meta isn't over centralized
It could be a good side event at tournaments in my opinion

Top Bottom