• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zori

Smash Champion
Wow Allan **** you, you ******* just because your a chicken mc ***** at everything dosent mean you can shoot me down **** **** *** ******

:troll:

:phone:

Zori

Smash Champion
Lol all jokes aside I have the tech skill of a dying zebra but always made it up with good predictions, but in marvel you can't do that lol

A personal goal of mine is to atually enter Evo next year and see how I do

Come at my strider bros

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I thought The Avengers was pathetic.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Nope.

Sync, the voice actor for Natalia in TotA is also voicing sherry birkin in RE6.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So you admit you're a video game nerd.

SWEET.

Ya nerd.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're not a nerd, you're a derp.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Do you guys know where to play Marvel or if anyone hosts get togethers for casuals? I'd be up for Smash also. I'm going to be there June 3rd - June 11th.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wait wha??????

If you are "BAD", you will drown in pools, do ****ty in AM bracket and win zero money. I'd you are "OK" or "DECENT", you may or may not drown in pools but you will do fine in AM bracket and prob make some money. If you are "GOOD" or "AMAZING" you will not not drown in pools and u will have a shot at top 7 money/pot bonus.

I'm making every body put in money at first because it will be a hassle later to 1) FIND all the pool losers and 2) Get them to agree to join an AM bracket(it's easier to force people than ask). Also, AM bracket winners historically get ****ty payout and that's fine but this time I want them to feel like it was WORTH winning. We lack this in TX now days. As a TO my focus has been shifted to getting more players into the scene and making them RETURN even if they lose. I say this because we are about to lose LOTS(and I mean LOTS) of players after whobo 4. I'm hoping this altered AM bracket idea will help spark some life into tx.

[COLLAPSE="AM prizes"]
I'm not against it for ...personal reasons. I'm right in that skill area where it benefits me, but if I were a good bit better (able to beat sync/illmatic/pj/pwii but not gnes/razer/trela), don't you think I might still be inclinded to try my chances at winning AM bracket.

You don't have to FIND all the losers, just let them know BEFORE pools that if they drown they can enter AM bracket. They should find YOU if they want to sign up. Its not like you can force them to play AM bracket. At HOBO 37, a bunch of the new players left after drowning in pools even though they were automatically entered. The AM bracket still got 20% of the original sign up money and the winner got more than 4th? I think. Now considering how rare it is for anyone in the region to beat gnes/razer/trela...you can imagine what someone might not feel its WORTH it to make it out of pools.

Assuming no one intentionally manipulates pools to sink into AM bracket on purpose, you wind up with a gap where your best players get prizes, your 2nd tier of "good" players get nothing and then you "alright" players get prizes.

If you just run AM bracket first, you can eliminate their cash prize and let the winners enter the pro bracket and replace some of the byes. This way, AM winner's don't automatically get a bigger prize than "better" players.

I guess you are nearly done TOing for brawl now, so I won't continue to push the issue again (since you gave me a pretty good response this time too).
[/COLLAPSE]

Anyway Xyro, are you going to (or did you already) post some general directions of where to go when people get to the convention center. Like how to get to the room (i don't remember you confirming which room we will be in). I'm not from here and I've actually never been to the convention center.

Xyro77

Tbh, I don't know where to go at hobo 38 either. I've never been there. I'm going Friday to see where we will be play for Saturday and I'll make a post Friday night. If anybody wants to come up there friday(your venue fee covers Friday) and check it out with me it would be coo.

Xyro77

*sees YT links posted by Illmatic*

*knows its ****ty music*

*doesn't click*

*enjoys rest of night*

BioDG

Smash Ace
Yeah, the GRB is pretty big so a heads-up on directions should be useful.

Conventions always provide maps and stuff, though (and I doubt CP will be any different), so if all is lost, checking out any of the maps or staff they have around is another option.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tbh, I don't know where to go at hobo 38 either. I've never been there. I'm going Friday to see where we will be play for Saturday and I'll make a post Friday night. If anybody wants to come up there friday(your venue fee covers Friday) and check it out with me it would be coo.

I might stop by just for those puzzle pieces...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
YOUR BOOOOOONES GOT A LIIIIIIIIIIIiTTTTTTTLE MAAAAAACHINEEEEEEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom