• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
K_bot, look at UMvC3. You won't see many vanilla MvC3 tourneys...

Zano, what is your PSN?

:phone:
I should have explained more I've never actually played any other fighting games and I'm not familiar with vanilla/any characters at all. I'm assuming Vanilla is a character that was released after a patch? or something?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I should have explained more I've never actually played any other fighting games and I'm not familiar with vanilla/any characters at all. I'm assuming Vanilla is a character that was released after a patch? or something?
vanilla is an inaccurate term for the original game and not the newest currently played game. just like how they use "salty" when the real correct term is bitter. just incorrect use of a term. typical moron stuff

MvC3=vanilla
UMvC3=currently played game

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
vanilla is an inaccurate term for the original game and not the newest currently played game. just like how they use "salty" when the real correct term is bitter. just incorrect use of a term. typical moron stuff

MvC3=vanilla
ACTUALLY

I was describing how the game tastes, and UMvC3 does taste salty, so when I say something, I am automatically correct and shoop doop boo-bitty wop.

P4, never...

The Last Story for Wii comes out this week...

k_bot

Smash Apprentice

MvC3=vanilla
Thanks for explaining. I know that they remade MvC3 into UMvC3, but say that they released dlc or a patch (are these the same?) tomorrow. Would tournaments from then on use the new(est) version? Idk because Smash never have updates after the game is released. Maybe I should go ask people at shoryuken lol. But I likez you guyz though.

****ing DIED rofltits!!!!

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
He didn't tell me and its not here guess some ******* tooke it.
It's cool. I think he was just gonna let you keep it anyway

btw. Thanks for helping me and Gucci get to the bus station, We still missed the bus by a few minutes but It wan't that bad, had to wait two hours for the next bus and a $5.00 change fee.
Shoutouts to Killik for driving like a beast.
Also If anyone doesn't know the megabus station is at the corner of TRAVIS and PIERCE.
It used to be at the corner of Travis and Clay (I think). but they recently changed it... this is actually why I missed the bus by a few minutes.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
ACTUALLY

I was describing how the game tastes, and UMvC3 does taste salty, so when I say something, I am automatically correct and shoop doop boo-bitty wop.

P4, never...

The Last Story for Wii comes out this week...

C'mon RT, I know how much you like FPS and you can play with your two favorite people in the world, Gnes and myself :bee:

aahh np np.

best tl at your service.
Yes can I help you?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will not play the evil...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Would tournaments from then on use the new(est) version? Idk because Smash never have updates after the game is released.
Traditional fighters will always use the latest patched version for tournaments. Its how they've always done it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Capcom announced Mega Man game for iOS.

...the hell?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Capcom is really confused.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Well, they're going for that mobile phone gaming.

SF Collections
SF IV
SF IV Volt
SF X Tekken
MVC2
Mega Man 2
Mega Man X
Monster Hunter
Resident Evil V
Ghouls and Ghosts

Usually these games go for 2-3 dollars upon initial release. With the number of users with an iOS and/or android device its easy how these games always sell like hot cakes. Add in-app purchases and CASHCOM will continue to make bank on this platform.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
its def worth the 99cents but its too shallow of a gaming experience. meaning, i find it hard to play more than 15min at a time.

no. they want money and will do w/e it takes to get it. even if it means selling out to the casual mobile phone crowd.
Hey I play their games on my iPhone! Might as well use the iOS device to the fullest. Random note, if you do a random match on Street Fighter IV: Volt, you're guaranteed a online match in less than 10 seconds. Community is quite huge for that title.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It just seems to take dump on Mega Man fans as of late:

Canceled MML3 and Universe.
Parody of MM in SFxT
Social game (who asked for this?????) on iOS

They canceled two developing games for a social game on a platform regarded for casual games.

If that's not a big "**** off" to their fanbase...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey I play their games on my iPhone! Might as well use the iOS device to the fullest. Random note, if you do a random match on Street Fighter IV: Volt, you're guaranteed a online match in less than 10 seconds. Community is quite huge for that title.
for a causal exp with inferior controls, thats fine.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I started Dark Souls the other day.

I'm getting my **** kicked in. Dear Lord.
I got stuck at some part near the beginning where there's these spirits you can't hurt unless you have a curse, but I ran out of them and I keep trying to just run past them but they keep killing me.

I haven't played in a while....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Btw, when are you going to let this thread burn to the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom