• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gea

Smash Master
oh and claire will not believe in santa. hes not real and ill make sure she knows it.

:phone:
I understand why you want to do this and all, but I just hope you really consider whether or not it would bring her more joy to be able to have all the lil magics of Christmas. My niece will probably be told santa is not real as well, but her daddy and mommy both have been reminded that they as children really enjoyed Santa and everything that comes along with it.

And hey Allan?

Merry Christmas. Watch those Bond DVDs.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Sometimes I feel like I was the only child who was very happy to be told that Santa wasn't real. I liked the idea better that my mom was the one giving me presents, rather than some strange random guy who I never even met.

Also, just a question, but what exactly do you mean by you don't "own" a child anymore if you get divorced? That seems confusing to me, since I know that if two people had a child, but they were never married, the child is still treated as if they belong to both parents. At least that's how I was treated. Only reason I got to be with my mom full-time was because my dad made ridiculous proposals and refused to compromise on anything, so the court turned him down.

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why do you have to pay child support if she cheated on you o_o

I don't see how this could be a serious question. The child didn't cheat on him, child support isn't alimony, even though many single mothers treat it that way.

I understand why you want to do this and all, but I just hope you really consider whether or not it would bring her more joy to be able to have all the lil magics of Christmas. My niece will probably be told santa is not real as well, but her daddy and mommy both have been reminded that they as children really enjoyed Santa and everything that comes along with it.

And hey Allan?

Being let down every year when Santa didn't bring you all the nonsense you asked for shouldn't be a staple of childhood. The "magic" of being a carefree child doesn't have to start with lies.

Sometimes I feel like I was the only child who was very happy to be told that Santa wasn't real. I liked the idea better that my mom was the one giving me presents, rather than some strange random guy who I never even met.

Also, just a question, but what exactly do you mean by you don't "own" a child anymore if you get divorced? That seems confusing to me, since I know that if two people had a child, but they were never married, the child is still treated as if they belong to both parents. At least that's how I was treated. Only reason I got to be with my mom full-time was because my dad made ridiculous proposals and refused to compromise on anything, so the court turned him down.

:059:
Hmm, then again, I'm not quite normal, so maybe never believing in Santa is a bad thing.

Anyone normal never believe in Santa?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I figured it out once I got a single letter one Christmas that said "I owe you a _____," where the blank was the present I had asked for at the time. The Santa I was raised to believe in wouldn't do something so ridiculous. :applejack:

Gea

Smash Master
Being let down every year when Santa didn't bring you all the nonsense you asked for shouldn't be a staple of childhood. The "magic" of being a carefree child doesn't have to start with lies.
Were you seriously disappointed every Christmas because Santa didn't magically get you everything you asked for? That sort of attitude should have put you on the naughty list anyways.

The whole lying thing is an entirely different can of worms.

sheikamaru

jive
merry christmas folks..

allan off topic but can you post that website w/ all those hanna-barberaesque characters dancing in the streets? i enjoyed watching that for some reason

and rt plz post that youtube link with that spiderman at the kids party pretty much doing this??

i'd appreciate it ^^

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

And hey Allan?

Christmas can still be a very fun and happy time for claire even though Santa isnt real. I just remember how i felt when i caught my dad putting out presents and then him sitting me down and telling me the truth. it made me wonder what other false characters i believed in. so he told me the tooth fairy and easter bunny were not really either and that really messed me up for a while. i just dont want claire to ever have to go through that. ive always thought honesty is the best way to go no matter the age.

but yea ill def watch those bond movies but i cant guarantee ill have a MERRY Christmas. Amanda pretty much prevents that these days. next year will be better i hope.

Xyro77

I am gonna post on youtube Claire's 2nd Christmas! You guys will see the pink lightsaber, other cool toys and my dad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rare footage of Green Lesbian's dad...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
..................I'm scared.

Xyro77

You shouldn't be. You should be amazed. Amazed to see the future Allan before Allan reaches the future.

Trela

Smash Lord
Will I get to see your dad do his famous "I'm a happy old guy" dance this time, Allan?

And that's not Denti in the picture SILLY, it's Leaf! And there's Wingless, too!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
nana bought me a car paid for everything holy **** sweet
just gotta pay for insurance

Xyro77

I formally request Gea be perm banned from SWF and any site that I have access to.

I'm sick of this hobo 12 bull ****. It was 26 hobos/multiple YEARS ago and no one but FlipBich cares about it. It was the only time in his life where someone other than his mom/girlfriend noticed him and now it's over. GET OVER IT! Hell, half the people he beat are better now or quit. Stop living in the past TrashMan. Upgrade to the future and the future is ME. F you HopFlip.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
LolZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: jk RT, i'll DEFINITELY pay you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom