• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Esca, if you can take the time to go through the huge videos I uploaded in the whobo 2 thread a while ago and tell me what video you're in and what start/end times the matches are, then yeah I'll upload them =)

But I don't have the time atm to go through all of them looking for ya.

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes... coaching about patterns is just as bad as coaching about placement of explosives. Whereas the latter helps someone avoid damage, the former can help someone get a punish in or avoid damage that they might not have because they didn't notice a pattern themselves. Sure, it's applicable a little less frequently (especially if they change the patterns in response), but it's still actively aiding someone.

The only kind of coaching that should be allowed during a match should be about how the person themselves is playing, and nothing regarding the opponent (i.e. tell them they're spotdodging/rolling/getting up predictably).
Double post

U answered it for me lol...since is indeed applicable less frequently, especially since the person playing is adapting(or should be), it obviously cant be as bad. Honestly, I say coaching should just happen after the match/in between matches or not at all. When a line has to be drawn in regards to something such as coaching, its better to just do away with it. Just leave it up to the players.

Regardless, I just realized no one ever coaches me. GAY. Well there was that time Dphat told me to time out ally :).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Next time I play any of you, I'll start screaming a la mikeHaze (*expects random namesearch*) style. It's not in the rules, so tough luck.

Or I'll just poke you in the stomach a few times.

Or tickle.

Hmm...a certain person who name starts with a "P" and ends with a "layer4" said he might have one...but who could it be...?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dojo, I'm just saying if there was going to be coaching that should be the only type of coaching allowed. I'm of the opinion that coaching should only happen between games, personally, since even constantly reminding someone that they need to play campy/gay and to go back to the edge during a game may get them to make a decision they wouldn't otherwise under the pressure.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yay, hobo 25. A new conversation topic.
Now everyone can get off this coaching crap.
Yes. plz make sure all of u read the HOBO 25 close. i need everybody to go to the thread and vote on a side event....mid tier 2vs2 or low tier 1vs1. We do not have the venue till 2am like we do funplex so only 3 events will be done.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight's camping is BULL****. Dojo go Snake and see how you feel about it. JerK!

But to be honest, MK Camping is bull****, Snake's camping is by far EASY to counter. people need a brain >.>
HOLY ****

this guy knows holy nightmare

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
Yes. plz make sure all of u read the HOBO 25 close. i need everybody to go to the thread and vote on a side event....mid tier 2vs2 or low tier 1vs1. We do not have the venue till 2am like we do funplex so only 3 events will be done.
Lol, yall can stay as long as you want. The street fighter guys didnt leave till 6am :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol, yall can stay as long as you want. The street fighter guys didnt leave till 6am :)
wow really? i didnt wanna overstay our welcome. thanks!

btw, what kind of games do u have in there(the arcade)? i can add it to the front page of the hobo thread

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
wow really? i didnt wanna overstay our welcome. thanks!

btw, what kind of games do u have in there(the arcade)? i can add it to the front page of the hobo thread
Not possible :) aslong as you guys dont steal or burn the place down we'll be ok.

As far as games we literally have almost everything you could think of. MvC2, SF3, HD Remix, MW2, Halo 3, SSF4, Blazblue, TvC, GGXX, Soul Calibur, Tekken 6, etc, etc.

Basically when a game comes out we buy it. And if anyone mentions a game we dont have, we go buy it.

BTW, everyone should go play Red Dead Redemption.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was absent for all of the last two days, and I missed something fun.

PX is pretty much right. Coaching in any form should primarily take place sometime in between matches.

Both Dojo and Razer suck though. They need coaching to stay on top. :p

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
K, I've already thought about this at school. The rage is out of my system and I should be done with venting. **** the camping. Doesn't need to be spoken of. I already know where it will lead. I'll just see the videos. I will only complain against the c4/mine coaching still since I think it was truly unfair. So I'm not just finding a reason to *****. Gnes basically summed it up for me and I won't post anymore on it.

Edit: Monster Arcade guys! So you guys WILL turn off the wireless stuff for me? That includes the computers and stuff since I think that is what was causing the problem.

Edit 2: Sorry to Dojo about all this getting out of hand. I was just upset and venting. Still stand by whats been said but lets put this behind us for now.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
New venue, bigger or smaller Allan?

Also, coaching basically ruins any chance of Snake winning, if your coaching the person playing the Snake. C4's, nades, mines, all of Snake's projectiles are what his game revolves around. Yeah he has tilts, which are pretty much broken, but you can't win a game alone using them. Less your opponent sucks, or your really smart about using them.

Snake's have to set-up, plan and mindgame their opponents to usually deal damage from afar. They have to keep the opponents focused on something else, leading them into a trap, such as a c4 or mine. When you have someone coaching them, telling them where the c4/mine is at, the player won't forget it, and now they know what to look out for, which basically ruin the Snake's chance of getting damage done to them, or at least mindgaming them into something else.

That kind of coaching is unfair, ecspecially against Snake players, it honestly ruins their whole game.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Not gonna get into this even though there are other factors and things people don't know. Plus like gnes said, I'll wait for videos. And FYI, I've always been on the edge of proban ever since I saw m2k vs keith. You can ask him too. Only thing I will say that was truly unfair was how cake coached. "look out for that c4 or mine left side! On the platform!" now that is unadaptable. You know I don't care for normal coaching. Posting from itouch btw. Don't use ally vs ksizzle or seibrik. This was not the same. Like I said I'll wait videos.

Smash is last on my mind either way.
yo i be name searching

but i have no idea what ur talking about and dont feel like searching back

so never mind

:D

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Now it need music. And nahh, my myspace plain. Still amazing though.

Dark chocolate not my favorite. I'm more of a caramel type Nekooo. ;)

Suspect

Smash Hero
what about white or gtfo?

picture this, you have a plain white sheet of paper...if you draw on it then it becomes ruined.

white power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom