• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
Hey yall, I doubt anyone here knows me(I'm sure Xyro is the only person on this last page that might even remember me at all from Melee days)

Anyways, just butting and saying that I may show up to HOBO. I'm in Houston until mid-January and I have picked up Brawl recently, so expect me to show up at some point.

Currently working with a small handful of characters

Kirby
Peach
Pikachu
Yoshi

Dono who I want to main, guess I'll be workin on it until HOBO comes around the corner.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Hey yall, I doubt anyone here knows me(I'm sure Xyro is the only person on this last page that might even remember me at all from Melee days)

Anyways, just butting and saying that I may show up to HOBO. I'm in Houston until mid-January and I have picked up Brawl recently, so expect me to show up at some point.

Kirby
Peach
Pikachu
Yoshi

Dono who I want to main, guess I'll be workin on it until HOBO comes around the corner.
Main Pikachu.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
There's only one Pika main in houston so we dont' really talk about pika much...? is that weird?
I suppose I find it a little weird seeing how Pika can definitely put up a fight and doesn't seem to have immediate glaring weaknesses that cripple it from the get-go. Pikachu was never a popular character for some reason but I figured 2 years later there'd be at least 2-3 Pikachus by now since it is my understanding he's highish tier.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He's good because he has chaingrabs on quite a large portion of the cast, his kill power is pretty solid, and he has some good setups. But he can get camped and he's light and his overall range vs the top tiers can be suspect. He also has infinites, but they are pretty hard to do.

He just requires a certain preference in playstyle, especially when chaingrabs are involved.

If you want to learn Yoshi for low tier, that would be good too.

heytallman

CTALL
I LOVE camping! I once planked someone just to see what it felt like. Maybe I'll do it again someday...

Also at HOBO 12 (lol so long ago) I came back against some ZSS player when I was down 80% on my final stock to winning. How? I camped hard.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Tallman, I keep thinking it's RT posting. Change your avi or something.
Moar pika dittos are welcome...still the second best pika in Texas. 8)

...I'm coming for you prime.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I can't wait for January I get to attempt to prove myself in '11.

I played Star Fox when I was little "Never give up trust your instincts" :D
I'm so hype for '11

Esca

Smash Champion
He's good because he has chaingrabs on quite a large portion of the cast, his kill power is pretty solid, and he has some good setups. But he can get camped and he's light and his overall range vs the top tiers can be SUSPECT. He also has infinites, but they are pretty hard to do.

He just requires a certain preference in playstyle, especially when chaingrabs are involved.

If you want to learn Yoshi for low tier, that would be good too.
That is all

Suspect

Smash Hero
There's these products that come into work for dairy that say ESCA on the barcode.

Idk, felt the need to say that now.

Carry on.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Kirby
Peach
Pikachu
Yoshi

WHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Dude its been a long long time. The last time i saw you you were with this super hot blond girl! But yea HOBO is jan 8th and it would be nice if you went. We have melee in the other room so if you cant handle brawl you can always fall back on the better game.

Lol it's so true. It comes down to that a lot I've noticed [:
*has known this since day one*

Xyro77

Sync, i rarely ask for a fest on a WEEKDAY but PLEASE have a fest this thursday!!!! PLEASE!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, a special exception for RoyR...how cute. :)

But seriously, a fest would be good.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't ignore him...the times I go to see him, he's never there. <_<

It's not like I see him and then tell myself, "I MUST AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!11!11!1!!"

Xyro77

I don't ignore him...the times I go to see him, he's never there. <_<

It's not like I see him and then tell myself, "I MUST AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!11!11!1!!"
u lie

u have seen roy in the store and walk away from him when he looks at you. EXPLAIN YOURSELF

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
when someone pleads the 5th it pretty much means they are guilty.
WELL ACTUALLY

They could be working undercover, so they might have to plead the Fifth to protect the integrity of an operation.

So yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom