• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So it is confirmed for Sync's place?

Tesh

Smash Hero
A smashfest on Thursday? I wanna go. Hope its not too far. Where is it?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Who wants to organize a carpool to OH SNAP 6 in Oklahoma? We had a carpool for OH SNAP 5 from here and those part of it know it was the best carpool ever assembled in modern history. The date is on a saturday AND sunday BUT monday is MLK day so schools have it off. I'd want to be a part of it and Jerm said he would go too. Cars? Drivers?

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Who wants to organize a carpool to OH SNAP 6 in Oklahoma? We had a carpool for OH SNAP 5 from here and those part of it know it was the best carpool ever assembled in modern history. The date is on a saturday AND sunday BUT monday is MLK day so schools have it off. I'd want to be a part of it and Jerm said he would go too. Cars? Drivers?
Im down for anything.

ResumeDPosition

Smash Journeyman
so supposed smashfest on thursday? I may actually show up if it's not too far away since I have nothing better to do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Assuming it's at Sync's still, it will be at UH.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Gamers Have Already Played 68,000 Years of CoD: Black Ops

In the 45 days since Call of Duty: Black Ops was unleashed on an unsuspecting public, over 20 million gamers have logged over 600 million combined man-hours into the multiplatform title, roughly equal to 68,000 years of wasted time. This averages out to 87 minutes per day per player through December 24. That's more time than the average person spends on facebook, Activision happily pointed out.

For comparison, Gamasutra noted that Halo: Reach, a 360 exclusive, logged 50 million man-hours in its first week of release back in September, which would come to 326 million man-hours if that number held steady over 45 days. Still, a comparison between single- and multiplatform titles doesn't help either case much.

Activision wouldn't reveal the exact number of players, but they did give us a range: more gamers than "the audience for the series finale of ABC's Lost" (20.5 million people), and also that they "would be the third largest state in the U.S." (so somewhere behind Texas's 25 million inhabitants). Cryptic! Still huge!

After selling a jaw-dropping 7 million copies on launch day, how much time did you expect the world would spend on it? Still... that's a lot of hours.

Source: Gamasutra

BioDG

Smash Ace
Thanks, Xyro.
I'm especially still curious about the time. Unless someone here knows of a usual time or something.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sync has said in the past that he usually doesn't care when people start showing up, but most people don't show up until the early afternoon like 1-2ish.

Tesh

Smash Hero
He wants to know what time we should be showing up. So we don't show up when Sync is asleep or after the whole thing is over ya know.

Edit: RT Ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom