• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Can people stop saying telling everyone to pick up top tiers. You dont need top tiers to win. Just a good mindset and you'd have to actually enjoy the game. Specially to beat characters like diddy (who you mainly need to just learn banana control with your own character for) and snake (who you just need to put in alot of efforts to kill and find ways to exploit his arial weaknesses)

If you guys know your trying.. then keep trying. Just because ozz says it isnt good enough doesnt mean anything. He's tried, failed, and is now moving on. You have to realize that how hard you try to beat them, they are trying just as hard or harder to not be beaten.

Edit: im definately going to see esca with you when I find out.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Yeah, he got stabbed. I got a text this morning about him being stabbed in a robbery, but I don't know any of the details.

He was suppose to come over that day too. When I didn't hear from him I kinda felt worried. :( Why the **** did I ignore that.

Edit: Not the text, the worried feeling.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yea can say w/e you want but Ozz is right. Try as hard as u want/ play as much as you want. If you don't use a top 5-7 character you won't do well at the end of the day. In melee I would be wrong. I watched brawl get so ******** and watched people who are not good at smash become top players solely due to the fact that abuse the ******** aspects of this horrid game. That's not skill, that's fraking stupid. And because of that there is no hope for the majority of people.

Xyro77

Wait so did Esca really get fraked up? How is he talking to y'all if he's breathing through a balloon and has a damaged lung? I'm pretty sure you are not awake enough or feel good enough to chat with people after going thru that horrible ordeal.

What if Esca is playing us right now?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I doubt he's joking if he vanished for a day we had plans on and then sent a text at almost 4 AM.

inb4allthepeoplewhowouldrathergetstabbedthanhangoutwithleaf

Not really though, right guys?
...right?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
He's not joking, I just texted him, he's staying at Baptist in Beaumont. Anyways he said he's there until Thursday, so I'm gonna go see him sometime this week.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Look at this way you ken and ryu train with each other for years and years it gets to a point where they know each others fighting styles and what the other would do in a situation right?Now one day ryu learns hadoken, now not only does he have the fighting exp against ken, he also has the adv due to being able to use hadoken something ken cant and hasn't exp before. Thats kind of how this greatrazer thing is in that there char have hadoken while ours dont (inb4trelasauraballcounts)...but than again if they weren't here it would just be someone else who always won.

I'm not making char johns or anything here im saying y'all created these monsters now you have to learn how to destroy them. Get on that ichigo status and learn to overcome if trela learns how to beat them and no one can beat trela everyone step up and beat trela so on and so on ...

also id like to visit esca if to if thats cool.

and tree yes wifi sucks but you gotta use it to the best of your ability. I'm exactly like you all i have is wifi, i have to pray that walmart doesn't **** leafs schedule so that he can pick me up. Find someone great to train with hell gnes,razer,illmatic even xyro play wifi i used to train with xyro/ozz online a few months back.Go the aib ladder chat and work on your spacing ,reading, def camping and set ups, if you can space on wifi you can space anywhere. I beat zac you can beat a top player too.

I think i spelled hadouken wrong....

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Guys, keep Esca in your prayers. Apparently he was stabbed in the chest recently and has a collapsed lung. I don't know much about it, but that's what I heard from Illmatic. I looked at his FB and from his friend's comments and status' it all appears to conclude to him being seriously injured.

Anyways, I wanna go visit him in the hospital (once I find out where he's staying) sometime soon, if anyone wants to go with me just let me know and we can figure out a good time to go visit him.
^this.

Guys, I think whoever has the time and opportunity to go visit him should try to with P4.

Esca is currently staying at Memorial Herman Baptist Hospital 3080 College Street, Beaumont, Texas 77701.

The story so far from what I've been told:

Esca lent his Nintendo64 to a friend in his area and he went to go pick it up yesterday or something and his friend when he opened the door had a knife and stabbed him three times directly in the chest. Esca ran away and was holding his chest to try and breathe.

Terrible.

P4 you know I wanna go.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
No, he's not joking. Just check his facebook. Stop being so damn negative allan.

Also, melee is alot more dominated by the top tiers than brawl is. I cant believe you even saying that. And I know you wont do well enough without top tier, cause you apparently suck at the game or something, but there's been a good amount of players who've proven themselves with lower tier characters and believe they can win. Your just stuck in the past in whichever way will benefit you the best, and since you couldnt be successful with a lower tier character, your just spewing out negative energy towards the others who are succeeding

Wingless

Smash Cadet
Holy ****.
Okay. Well since I won't be able to drive out there, I just hope he gets better soon.

--
And before I saw all that, I was going to say...
Yeah, the game is stupid towards some characters. But if you're just in it to win it as fast as possible, then just pick a top character. That way you won't have to be frustrated by losing.
But there's also fun in being a lower tier character. You discover things, and it's definitely a whole hell of a lot more impressive when you DO get good. It just takes longer - with a lot more losses. But it's more fun - you get to play the game.

Gea

Smash Master
I think we've had this discussion before. I believe winning = nationals. What's the lowest tiered character to ever win a national in Brawl?

Xyro77

I wouldn't be surprised if his stabbing had something to do with drugs or drug buddies.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
How so? I'm only guessing.
Well, you think people would be a little more caring about someone in the hospital instead of assuming the worst about them.

It's about like you getting hit by a car or something and I make a post
"Well, someone probably ran over him because he rigged his spot in the bracket."

I'm NOT gonna say you can't have an assumption like that, but it's kinda a low blow to say that while he's in the hospital unable to defend himself on it.

z00ted

Allan isn't being ignorant - but I agree keep it to yourself please!

Regardless of what happens to our friends, we should be there to support them.

z00ted

God, Houston has been showing it's true colors lately.

Xyro77

Geez you people a ****ing babies. I am allowed to say my opinion or guess on anything I want whenever I want. Whether u think it's A or B it doesn't matter cause I will
Not hold back just cause u don't like what I say. I also didn't say he Deserved it or that He caused it. Damn, all you people do is complain. Learn to tough up and deal with it cause I'm not changing anytime soon.

Pj, I don't Watch sports so I don't know about halftime show.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Geez you people a ****ing babies. I am allowed to say my opinion or guess on anything I want whenever I want. Whether u think it's A or B it doesn't matter cause I will
Not hold back just cause u don't like what I say. I also didn't say he Deserved it or that He caused it. Damn, all you people do is complain. Learn to tough up and deal with it cause I'm not changing anytime soon.
Well, me and everyone else here is allowed to say our opinion on your opinion.

Whether u think it's A or B it doesn't matter cause I will
Not hold back just because u don't like what I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom