• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDG

Smash Ace
*goes to site*

*sees controller*

I guess cube players gotta play smash with a DS (controller-wise). Or pick up wii/chuk or Classic.

Really, Classic Pro is the closest thing to cube. It's not that bad. The analog stick is way more sensitive though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Reggie confirms via Gametrailers stream WiiU will use proprietary format for games, not BluRay, but something that can support the HD graphics.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Demo gameplay of Skyward Sword on Gametrailers stream.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited for the Wii U. SOme people say they don't like it. I don't understand why not. Aside from it being kinda big I have nothing to dog.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm excited for the Wii U. SOme people say they don't like it. I don't understand why not. Aside from it being kinda big I have nothing to dog.
LOTS of people are closed minded and HATE change when it comes to consoles. all they want is a sequels and a console with super good graphics. they are very shallow minded people and should be shot in the face.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Not sure if I'll get it. It would only be for smash4 and Metroid.

Yeah, I lol'd a bit when I noticed the size of the controller. I'm curious to see how they will make use of the screen in future games.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't like new consoles because it means I have to pay for them. Someone said something about using wii/chuck for smash 4. Is wiimote and nunchuck conformed as a controller option for the Wii-U? If it is then I'll be fine with using it as my controller.

:059:

Xyro77

yes its confirmed that all wii controlers(mote/nun/classic....ect) will work for WiiU

Xyro77

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-puts-watsons-brains-in-nintendo-wii-u/

Nintendo's new console, the Wii U, was finally unveiled to the world today at E3 2011, and we got a glimpse of its graphical prowess at the company's keynote. Details were scarce about the IBM silicon Nintendo's new HD powerhouse was packing, but we did some digging to get a little more info. IBM tells us that within the Wii U there's a 45nm custom chip with "a lot" of embedded DRAM. It's a silicon on insulator design and packs the same processor technology found in Watson, the supercomputer that bested a couple of meatbags on Jeopardy awhile back. Unfortunately, IBM wouldn't give us the chip's clock speeds, but if it's good enough to smoke Ken Jennings on national TV, we imagine it'll do alright against its competition from Sony and Microsoft

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The press release statements make no mention of gamcube controller support or even gamecube game support. Almost guaranteed cube controllers are obsolete. They stopped making white controllers long ago.

Oh god, the WiiU will become sentient and destroy us all.

heytallman

CTALL
Hmm.

Classic controller has the same buttons as gamecube controller, except with select, home, and an extra Z button. What if they made a gamecube to wii remote adapter? like you plug in to the adapter, which plugs into wii remote? That would be hot.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wii U.. IS THAT A PS VITA? so much fail

I retract that.. My jaw has dropped..

CLOSE YO MOUF SON
CLOSE YO MOUF SON!

wii u is gay i'll never ever use it
***** u dumb as **** y

how the **** is this even going to work!??!?
It'll work, calm down

what ive fear is coming true. GCN controlled smash is over.
Possibly, but even if it is out for good, people will adapt and pick up whatever there is in front of them.

Hmm.

Classic controller has the same buttons as gamecube controller, except with select, home, and an extra Z button. What if they made a gamecube to wii remote adapter? like you plug in to the adapter, which plugs into wii remote? That would be hot.
That actually would be pretty legit, I'm sure people will figure out something, I know Lee uses a GC controller to play MvC3 so it wouldn't be too far fetched.

Hmm, a certain recent announcement might bring me out of retirement in 2013 or 2014.
Plz

BioDG

Smash Ace
Unless your main is part of the staple roster (i.e., Smash64 characters and such).

Looks like the controllers have the "slider" joystick as seen on 3DS.

Suspect

Smash Hero
even if your main stays, he/she/it will most likely play different

unless its marth

perhaps if the keep and change sonic a bit ill use him like I had planned to in brawl.

but would love a new sonic character (espio/knuckles)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They will probably feature characters that either have a strong franchise history with Nintendo or characters from games that that are out during it's development for advertising.

Ike probably won't be back. If they have another Fire Emblem game, they'll use the new protagonist and Marth.

Lucario probably won't be back...Zoroark will probably take his place.

I would assume ROB won't be back....Olimar probably won't unless they have Pikmin 3.

Expect a random/unexpected character a la ROB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom