• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I have no problems with PC games, just don't care about the true nerdy ones.

:phone:

sheikamaru

jive
Look, all I'm saying is that e3 was crap this year. I'm glad I didn't watch it but caught updates from here. Microsoft was poop. Sony was almost poop. Nintendo I'm surprised didn't throw another Mario kart or samus or legend of link game again. But you pc guys out there should seriously look into gw2. Like we already have a group on fb going for the game lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Notice how PC nerds defend PC nerds and their nerd games. It's one mega nerd family.

CY

Smash Ace
Notice how PC nerds defend PC nerds and their nerd games. It's one mega nerd family.

I didn't defend any PC game. I haven't played any games in months besides a few mini sessions of gears of war.

it's still true, Nintendo breeds the biggest nerds. Allan, lord of the denying nerds. the worst nerd is the nerd who can't admit it, aka the Nintendo poster on the wall nerd.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Kilik, you use Vista.

Don't talk to me.

CY

Smash Ace
also allan don't be a hypocrite, just the other day you were looking for people to play Diablo 2 with. If I'm not mistaken, that's a PC game ;). and months ago you were playing PSO on the PC.

sit down, son. the "nerd" game is just a stereotype. if you spend hours on Nintendo games, it's the same as spending hours on a PC game. the same result is that you've just wasted hours of your life while you could be out getting wasted, high, swoll, and laid. #justsayin

Xyro77

also allan don't be a hypocrite, just the other day you were looking for people to play Diablo 2 with. If I'm not mistaken, that's a PC game ;). and months ago you were playing PSO on the PC.

sit down, son. the "nerd" game is just a stereotype. if you spend hours on Nintendo games, it's the same as spending hours on a PC game. the same result is that you've just wasted hours of your life while you could be out getting wasted, high, swoll, and laid. #justsayin
I have never in my life asked for NERDS to play a NERD game with me(cause i dont play NERD games). I dont sink as low as requesting NERDS to be in my literal or virtual presence. That **** is BELOW me.

Im perfect
Im a savant

Get outta here you barn yard animal humpin lizard loving banana boat buffalo wild wing wang wonder bread BICH.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Says the RE nerd asking nerds to join him in playing a nerd game while discussing nerd strategies.

Xyro77

Says the RE nerd asking nerds to join him in playing a nerd game while discussing nerd strategies.

dude, what? u wont find a post from me ever doing that.

BUT YOU......

OH BOY DO I HAVE A POST FROM YOU.......YESSSSSSSS

The following post of RTs is taken from WWW.GAMEFAQS.COM (literally the king of nerd websites) in the ROLE PLAYING forum. This joker dresses up in a panda outfit and likes to go online and role play with other people on the INTERNET. From what i can tell, RT likes to play the role of a Merchant while playing in his forum RPGs. MEGA NERD ALERT

Good day to you partner! I'm RT and I can already tell that I'll be your best Panda friend in this forsaken Camp. A spare weapon, some gold, a small bowl of rice, is all I ask in exchange of the equipment you'll need on whatever quest you might undertake. Now, now, now... Don't be shy. All of my items are guarenteed for life and come with a two day warranty! Have any issues? bring it back! But bed warned, i keep the rice bowl no matter what LOL. Gotta use it feed my pet beaver and my mommy, you know? Cheers!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
[citation needed]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Look at that nerdy person...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can someone please photoshop Samus helmet over his head?

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I just read a really interesting post by DLA in the IL PR thread, and thought it was worth posting here.

"Also I just got a really good idea for our PR from reading one of Seibrik's posts. He said that FL used to allow "PR matches" at tournaments between ranked players that don't get to play in bracket. These matches counted as legit tournament sets in regards to the PRs and apparently made ranking much easier/more accurate.

Maybe we can adopt something like that, especially for players like Ook, Quik, JJRockets, YoshQ, etc who may not be able to go to as many tournaments as they'd like to. My suggestion is that each ranked/HM player gets to challenge one person per tournament. The challenged player has every right to refuse if he doesn't want to play, and won't be penalized for doing so (in which case the challenger can choose someone else). This way it won't be a drag for people who don't really care about the PRs, or aren't in the mood to play another tournament match."

Anyone else think something like this might be a good idea for use with TX or Houston rankings?

BioDG

Smash Ace
Seems like it's best to leave grudge matches to money matches. PR should be designed to reflect tournament performance (which reveals more in terms of skill) rather than "which people you can beat", yeah?

Look, all I'm saying is that e3 was crap this year. I'm glad I didn't watch it but caught updates from here. Microsoft was poop. Sony was almost poop. Nintendo I'm surprised didn't throw another Mario kart or samus or legend of link game again. But you pc guys out there should seriously look into gw2. Like we already have a group on fb going for the game lol
E3 tends to get worse every year.

With every first E3 of a new generation, there's a natural improvement because of the newness of things, but it just dwindles downhill again till the next one.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
almost killed myself from holding in the laughter while reading xyro's post about RT
my body after surgery tho : (

Xyro77

Playing separate matches outside of tournament for pr points ALWAYS leads to cheating/farming. It happened in melee and in early brawl.

HORRIBLE IDEA

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It was for the early TX PR...

BioDG

Smash Ace
Woah...wasn't expecting Ebert to give Prometheus 4 stars. Now I really ought to see this movie.

Tesh

Smash Hero
didn't know that guy still had a show or was even still alive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom