• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, there is lag for anyone still wondering. Maybe a half second or so. If you adjust your reaction time just a bit, then you'll do fine. This is why oneline tournaments for money won't work very well...

heytallman

CTALL
Alright dudez, me friend code is on the side under the oh-so-cute picture of Jigglypuff. I'm going to add everyone who's posted their FC's so far.

Pokemon Trainer is the most fun to play as so far for me (haven't unlocked hardly anyone yet though). Brawl will definitely take some getting used to, but it'll be really fun

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everyone add me >_>.

My Brawl code is:

1375-6883-8804

And my wii friend code is in my profile. I am up to play anyone :).

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I don't have a Wii at the moment (sold mine and couldn't find another in time for Brawl, yes I know I suck at life). I will be looking hardcore for one (like every place within 4 hour drive) for one from tomorrow on.
Check EBay, the place is covered in 'em.

heytallman

CTALL
gg's kage, except for a couple instances of severe lag. Other than that, 'twas a lot of fun. My Lucas is definitely my best character so far

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Alrighty, I've added everyone that has posted their FC. Please add me. :)

EnTragic

Smash Cadet
Honestly Whoever wants or needs a Wii.. I can hook you up... I know someone that sells a WII for 300-320 dollars.. He has 10... and they are the new shipment items.

Anyways... I will post my friend code here in a second...

I still don't know who I am going to main but we shall see

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
roy, you need to delete my name and add me again because i dont think you wrote it down right, it says we arnt friends yet

im gonna add everyone else too

my aim is: camindar

messege me if you want to play

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ive only played this game for about 21 hours........and mybe im jumping the gun......but this game is absolutly horrible. online totaly sucks, no character except for marth can do anything........

again, maybe im jumping the gun

PS: everybody, plz add your brawl number to your profile. im going to make a master list of friend codes.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
After playing the game for a few hours I feel like it won't get any better than it is right now. And it isn't that great. Marth is very good and so is Fox.

Xyro77

wow, played another 2 random people. each match took 13 minutes for 3 stock.

F*ck brawl

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
wow, played another 2 random people. each match took 13 minutes for 3 stock.

F*ck brawl
I agree entirely with your opinion on Brawl. It is like a book without a spine. The pages are all there, but they are sliding around sloppily. The physics is awful, the character animation is bad, the slow pace is annoying, and it is missing the sound of a migrating crab colony that emanated from our controllers before. I miss masterful technical skill :(

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
When you've played Melee for so long brawl just looks like just another fighting game. It got way too hyped. I think brawl should have came out first, then Melee.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, most people are hating Brawl more than liking it right now. It's really a shame...:ohwell:

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
yea brawl is aright and if you wanna play online call 832 659 9561 and heres my friend # Axxo-3394 3210 6377----- ill be on right now

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
I agree entirely with your opinion on Brawl. It is like a book without a spine. The pages are all there, but they are sliding around sloppily. The physics is awful, the character animation is bad, the slow pace is annoying, and it is missing the sound of a migrating crab colony that emanated from our controllers before. I miss masterful technical skill :(
i honestly could not of said it any better. amazingly said. quoted for truth.

im gonna continue to play brawl because its NOT melee, and its a new game. but if you miss the speed of the old melee you can always go to special melee and set high gravity, it kinda gets the old gameplay going but not quite.

i dont think melee should die though...

Xyro77

Honestly, you can not compare 64 to melee because melee had it beat 100 to 1, it was better IN EVERY WAY. Brawl is a step backwards in both speed and tech ability..........i was an avid about "play the game with a new mind set...blah blah blah"............its MUCH hader than i thought. Maybe 21 hours of sheer samus wasnt enough......maybe i need another 21.

Solo player and features are 100% amazing and i love brawl for that. But MULITIPLAYER and ONLINE= 2 biggest parts of the smash world=absolutly horrid in this game. Im gonna go with ronnie on this one, its over hyped to the max.

again, maybe i havnt given the game enough time........

PEE MAN: bringing more people to ANY type of community is a good thing.....im never against thatm i have spent all my smashboards time one here setting up tournies and meeting people just to expand the houston scene. im not trying to get houston to bash and drop brawl. its just when u get to pro level or just flat out get good at a game(melee), its hard to FORCE yourself to suck and make your self relearn a game(brawl) that is truly worse than the previous one.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I actually like the game :/ I thought i was going to hate it.. I guess thats what made me like it so much lol.

I enjoy the game so much and the whole trying to do l-canceling in brawl does not really affect me cuz i never pushed down l all the way to begin with so i can play like i normally did lol

Xyro77

I actually like the game :/ I thought i was going to hate it.. I guess thats what made me like it so much lol.

I enjoy the game so much and the whole trying to do l-canceling in brawl does not really affect me cuz i never pushed down l all the way to begin with so i can play like i normally did lol
Im glad u mentioned that cause i have more to add now.

I dont try to L-cancel or WD any more, so what else is there to crank up your speed? would it be a roll.......yea im samus. and even if i had a char that had a great roll, that kind of crap gets u punished.

That dash canceling tech SO FAR hasnt proven to be anything worth while.......

Oh and the buttons arnt pressure sensitive anymore.....................truly not good.

WHen sakurai sent out his troops to SWF, they sure knew how to hurt us hard.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
I'm having fun with Brawl right now, even though at first the online experience frustrated me. One-second lag makes playing online rough, but I've had a couple games with certain people where the lag was only like .5 seconds. There are good characters besides just Marth, Fox, etc. I do miss wavedashing and such...but I think that the people who are not enjoying the game expected it to be Melee 2.0. It's a different game, that's all.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Brawl is too good. I'm having way too much fun with it. And I thought it was going to suck way hardcore and wanted a melee 2.0 from the start.

If you want to be a competitive little bi.tch, stick with melee. If you want fun times, brawl it up.

Also, three stock matches take me three to five minutes top, Allan. What are you doing?

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Chris I stopped playing halo 2 years ago. That was an imposter.

I still have a little faith in brawl, we'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom