• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Stalling is banned*

*Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule*

*Assuming i have a meta legal event, ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 55 times PER MATCH. The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide). However, this rule can be ignored if BOTH players agree.

Other characters can plank too.

and technically planking is like stalling...so if:

planking = stalling

stalling = banned

then planking with any character should = banned

just my opinion; seems contridictive.
That rule was meant for metaknight but ince hes banned it dont mean much. Alot of other chars can stall but they can ALL be stoped. Metas cant and never could(if done right)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
So Alan, Im checking in. Has Brawl changed any in....whats it been 1 year? Has Brawl changed in 1 year? (FYI this is a serious question)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Brawls changed a little. Still camping and gayness in a lot of areas. Good players can choose not to play gay and make the game fun like me and Dojo. Apparently xyro banned mk at his tourneys only. SBR has not banned him yet. Some little discoveries here and there and overall character metagame evolving. Just depends on the player whether its fun or not.

Gea

Smash Master
lol when compared to Melee its on its own tier of gay. The game is inheritably that way and will always be that way.

And I like going to Brawl tournaments, but its true.

Gnes

Smash Master
dont camp.
*Hears Razer drop a nade every sec.* right.....

Since i wasn't able to vote on the PR do to extreme post workout tiredness...here's my thoughts.

Roy over flip...really...i mean both or close but flip does attend more stuff than roy lol and usually places better though he would probably get wrecked in a match :). Anyways, based on recent events shouldnt seth be over them both.Though its only one tourney that hes had huge success and hes not just using falco to do well in tourney though the fact stands he did outplace me(**** my bracket). Thanks for breaking my curse of third :(

Roy...u *****...start playing again so i can **** your marth. I love u chino

Gea

Smash Master
Alright maybe I worded it wrong.
Yeah, basically YOU have fun. The rest of us are going ****, its not safe to hit his shield because he ate some indian food and now squirts out grenades every time he breathes.

I'm trying to figure out why Esca didn't get honorable mention.
Its okay Pop. I wasn't even a choice to be voted for. :)

I look at it this way. Houston has more than 10 players to be proud of. Nearly every player that is considered "decent" in Houston gets an honorable mention to me.

Are you free Friday?

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm going to a family reunion :(

I really wanna play sooo bad X(

I played Keith and them and apparently my ganon is not gutter trash

lol he was the only character I won any games with XD

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I know this is old as hell, but for everyone who went to HOBO 16 you might enjoy this video, it is absolutely LOLZ and it's always fun to watch Esca getting

*****!!!!

This is Esca vs Vickey, not Espy. Esca decided to use Espy's tag and the video uploader doesn't know that.

This was tournament too.

It just got uploaded yesterday and it's too good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbQs5AGGRsg

<3 you Esca, it had to be done.

Muahahahaha!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I prefer the tourney NOT be on July 4th, if possible. I have some plans with some old high school friends who will be in town, and I would absolutely hate ditching them for a tournament. :(

Esca

Smash Champion
It's Time.

Time for Escafest V.3!

Date: Tuesday, June 30th.

Time: 4 P.M Until you feel like leaving.

Place: 1745 Rose Ln. Beaumont Tx, 77713 (Esca's House)

Attendees as is:

Seiya
Takeurlife
CY
Esca
Packy
Gbear
Jbo
Pkfire
CxC
Popertop
P4 (Pending)
Jerm's crew (Pending)

It shouldn't stop here though. I'm not gay. No 25 man cap on here. I'd like everyone to come to this. Find carpools, get off work, whatever it takes. We need some practice guys.

We will have food n drinks.

Bring it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will try to get a ride to this. :)

Esca

Smash Champion
Metaknight is banned in texas? or is this an everywhere thing?
Metaknight is banned in Allan's world. =/

Nobody else is really banning him. Or no-one notable, for that matter. It's like 2 states of 50.

But Jeremy, I'd be lying if I said the game hasn't changed, but it's changed mostly for the worst.

Picture Melee as the action movie full of explosions and what not.

Picture Brawl as a suspensful movie which tension builds up.

And Light: Beaumont DI isn't a bad thing. Lol. I lived till 150% on Norfair and killed Sethlon at 57%. WTF? Houston DI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom