• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, i cant stress enough!!!!! BRING A FULL SET-UP!!!! If you cant, then please bring wii/ssbb!!!!!

Gea

Smash Master
Interviews should be topical, son.

Like for Gnes discuss stuff like Razer/ADHD matches (tactfully), stuff like that. Hit me up if you want me to draft stuff.

E-Z

Also you should interview like two people from Houston then a rep from other places. I vote BadNewsBear for someone who gets interviewed.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Also you should interview like two people from Houston
lol why, allan never stated some kind of limit.

interview the **** one armed cop

and a interview with deangelo is quite crucial

and crews would be nice, i havent done so in a long time

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If that one-armed cop is at Funplex, please record some footage of him and a re-enactment of what happened.

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys, this event has has has to be the most documented one. There's alot of the smash community leaving us after this due to college and stuff, we need this to have alot of pictures/memories.

I'm gonna be one of the guys dwindling down, and not being able to come to many events.

I'm taking 6 core classes for college my first semester, and am nervous about how hard it will be. Due to this, it depends on how well I can handle myself in my studies/free time.

Nextly, I'd like to say that you're all going to taste the wrath of my Luigi. It's seriously imrpoved 3 fold since Gea's house, and will do some SERIOUS damage this HOBO. I'll accept character dependant money-matches with Luigi, and I'll do any money-matches with Pit. I really don't remember prices or people, so if you want to, please notify me at HOBO.

On another note, I'm 18 today. :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
As much as i want to do teams, SA will get wrecked and wont even have enough good players there for it.

Low tier teams/singles

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Guys, this event has has has to be the most documented one. There's alot of the smash community leaving us after this due to college and stuff, we need this to have alot of pictures/memories.

I'm gonna be one of the guys dwindling down, and not being able to come to many events.

I'm taking 6 core classes for college my first semester, and am nervous about how hard it will be. Due to this, it depends on how well I can handle myself in my studies/free time.

Nextly, I'd like to say that you're all going to taste the wrath of my Luigi. It's seriously imrpoved 3 fold since Gea's house, and will do some SERIOUS damage this HOBO. I'll accept character dependant money-matches with Luigi, and I'll do any money-matches with Pit. I really don't remember prices or people, so if you want to, please notify me at HOBO.

On another note, I'm 18 today. :)
Happy B-Day:p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Allan, whenever you decide to do Whobo2 make sure and make a thread in tournament listings right away with all the info and make sure not to put it right next to a holiday this time >_>.

Gea

Smash Master
THANKSGIVING IS ALL ABOUT GIVING THANKS TO ALLAN FOR HOSTING SUCH A GREAT EVENT, AMIRITE?

:)

Turkey, stuffing, smash, and your entire family mad at you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Allan, whenever you decide to do Whobo2 make sure and make a thread in tournament listings right away with all the info and make sure not to put it right next to a holiday this time >_>.
THANKSGIVING IS ALL ABOUT GIVING THANKS TO ALLAN FOR HOSTING SUCH A GREAT EVENT, AMIRITE?

:)

Turkey, stuffing, smash, and your entire family mad at you.
I had no say so in the date. Well i did but i would lose that extra 1000$ bonus.

THIS time i dont HAVE to do it around that same time. does anybody have any ideas for a good date?

cot5 is aimed to be in november
pound4 is januaray

ideas?

Smoom77

Smash Master
Xyro, for WHOBO2, I'd love it to be at Anime Matsuri! I have been with anime as long or longer than smash. But I do know the downsides of having it there. >_<

Btw, if you didn't know, I'm in NYC right now. I just got back from the Nintendo World store! It was awesome!!!! There are like 15 DSi's with Pokemon, animal crossing and all those other games, then like another 20 Wiis on the second floor with Brawl on 10 of them! There are a bunch of people with GCN controllers playing. Obviously, they don't play competively because they're on lylat shooting lasers into the stage, lol. Also seeing them doing FFAs on Rumble Falls, XD.

While I was there, I saw Jerms TL doll along with Mario, peach, Kirby, and wario. I got the Wario since there was no ICs! D:

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yes, I couldn't decide between Peach and Wario, but Peach was sorta that good. She didn't look she was from brawl. I'm going there again sometime this week. Want me to buy one for you? I could bring it to Hobo17 if you're coming.

Btw, there's a bunch of yoshis too.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Well, the Wario was $16. I'll bring the receipt with me to prove the price if you want me to get you one.

I'm looking on the store's website, and I can't find a specific price for the Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom