• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
BTW, team attack is off at MLG.

BTW, there is random seeding at MLG.

BTW, marths ICG is banned on ness/lucas but squirtles and shieks isnt?

BTW, look at rule 13. It says that after the round 1 stage is selected, you and your opponent may ban a stage. BEFORE ROUND 1 IS PLAYED. Bans are supposed to be used to counter an opponent, not as a stage you simply do not want to play on.
PLEASE tell me you are lying? I think I'm going to be sick...

I think they are referring to wavebirds....seriously, the game was meant to be played with wiimotes, lol

The whole ruleset is dumb, but team attack being off is just ********. Its stupid that they released the ruleset AFTER people already paid.
I hope they are referring to wavebirds. Not that being able to use my controller is going to change my choice on it now...

EDIT: Too late, ninja'd.

Time to petition boycott riot.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think they are referring to wavebirds....seriously, the game was meant to be played with wiimotes, lol

The whole ruleset is dumb, but team attack being off is just ********. Its stupid that they released the ruleset AFTER people already paid.
I'm going to go ahead and assume pretty much every team in doubles will have an MK so they can just tornado wherever they want. I mean, unless the partner is someone with explosives, nothing is holding him back...

The more I think about the ruleset, the more scared I get.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm going to go ahead and assume pretty much every team in doubles will have an MK so they can just tornado wherever they want. I mean, unless the partner is someone with explosives, nothing is holding him back...

The more I think about the ruleset, the more scared I get.
LOL fearless tornados. Too good.

OH GOD I just had a thought. Falco behind a MK going pew pew pew and MK in front just walling you with tornado GL getting through that ****.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

OH GOD I just had a thought. Falco behind a MK going pew pew pew and MK in front just walling you with tornado GL getting through that ****.
What? Falco good in Teams? :O

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Dear lord...

*gets even more scared*

There are SO many things that can be done now that team attack is off. The possibilities are limitless...

This is a nightmare.

-Tetsuo-

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I know this is short notice but we just opened up a LAN center here in Houston. This weekend (Saturday) we are holding a fighting game tournament and Brawl is going to be there, both 2v2 and 1v1. I asked Xyro if it was okay to post in here and he gave the go ahead and we are going to be using the HOBO ruleset. We have a facebook fan page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-TX/Monsters-Arcade/380893261130?ref=ts) and you can join to get updates on our tournaments. We plan on doing SSBB once a month towards the end of every month.

The thread for our tourney on Smashboards -->http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9897132#post9897132

We ask for anyone that knows they will come to register at our forum and post in the registration thread so people have a rough idea of how many people will show. Do that here -->http://monstersarcade.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18

Thanks guys.

edit: I also realize that there is another MEGA event happening the same day but we are just trying to get the word out that we exist lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
jerm is confirmed for phase!!!! He needs a ride to razers house sat morning.....can anybody take him?

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
Flip lives near there.

Also, laggy TVs, lol.

I might go for lulz if nothing better to do.
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9204

Just to let you guys know the rules have been changed to reflect HOBO ruleset. 3 stock, 7 min timer, etc.

Also the TVs we picked for this place, the LG LH30 line is known for having almost NO Hd input lag. There is a thread on it at AVSforum if you wanna check them out, and i have personally tested them against my 24" sun workstation CRT monitor and there is only a frame and a half difference (.050 milliseconds).

I has a big discussion on them with the Halo, GGXX, and SF3 crowd so if you guys have any suggestions please resister and post them to our official forums. I check them hourly. THX

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Thats cool that we have more Houston tournaments. If Phase wasn't that day I'd go. I'll try to go to the next one :). Now you just need to get a name for your tournament series.

Theres slight hope that I will be able to use the wiimote....this is gay.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Thats cool that we have more Houston tournaments. If Phase wasn't that day I'd go. I'll try to go to the next one :). Now you just need to get a name for your tournament series.

I agree. MLG makes me sick with that rule...I mean-
No. I'm going to stop there so I don't go crazy again(:urg:), and just wish you luck with the event...

onii-chan

Smash Ace
I still remember you and that hour long set of friendlies we had back at HOBO 12. Hey.

"2.No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario."

MLG hates Wolf :(

:059:
Yo KRD wats up man i remember ya too :D

lol that was too long ago...yup too long...i finally got me my own wii and a copy of brawl...
If any wants we can gets some online going i still only main ZSS and Zelda and need to get so practice in on Super Lag Bros.

If anyone wants to play a few matches hit me up in me pms and give me a time we ya can throw down

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie

Ya we didnt notice the other 2 smash tournaments on the same day till yesterday :( But its cool, we are doing them monthly. Next one will be April 30th- May 2nd.

And ya we need a name!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ya we didnt notice the other 2 smash tournaments on the same day till yesterday :( But its cool, we are doing them monthly. Next one will be April 30th- May 2nd.

And ya we need a name!
Just remember, i hold my events on the first weekend of every month. I will also try and make sure that no one else in Houston will hold an event on your dates.

As for a name, isn your place called "MONSTER" or something? Call your events MONSTER MONTHLIES

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd like to point out that there simply isn't any reference to team attack, my hope is that it's an oversight.

Also, Xyro's being a drama queen on Green Greens.

That said, there are large issues with the MLG ruleset as it stands.

Edit: It's been updated, the initial ruleset didn't include the doubles settings. Team attack is on.

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
Just remember, i hold my events on the first weekend of every month. I will also try and make sure that no one else in Houston will hold an event on your dates.

As for a name, isn your place called "MONSTER" or something? Call your events MONSTER MONTHLIES
Ya, no reason to have ours conflict. april 23rd-25th would prob be better for us anyways because im pretty sure we want to do a super street fighter 4 weekend on the dates i mentioned previously.

THX

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I honestly see no problem with Green Greens.

Most people don't play the stage enough to really get the gist of it anyways.

@Void: Doesn't ring a bell.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Common sense things dont need explaination.....ever.
If that's your definition of "common sense", I'm gonna define it when you say it as "wrong".

But seriously, if people are unwilling to explain why something is bad and therefore open themselves to criticism, how can you expect any change?

Im gonna enjoying infiniting people like u
I'm gonna enjoy dtilting the bottom blocks so you don't even have a chaingrab.

Gnes

Smash Master
If that's your definition of "common sense", I'm gonna define it when you say it as "wrong".

But seriously, if people are unwilling to explain why something is bad and therefore open themselves to criticism, how can you expect any change?

I'm gonna enjoy dtilting the bottom blocks so you don't even have a chaingrab.
two words

diddy kong

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Close sides and ceilings, small blast zones, walls all over the place for infinites, random blocks materializing in the air can save people that would be dying otherwise or kill those that wouldn't die (if it's a bomb block). Ike has some glitch where he causes that area to continually explode. Certain characters can trigger the explosives without suffering any consequences. Game and Watch can fully refresh all his moves by UpBing through blocks (each one he hits refreshes his moves once), and he can plank undeterred. Similarly, MK can scrooge on this stage with zero issues as there are 6 ledges for him to grab and there's blocks obstructing the movement of the opponents.

Is that enough for you?

Espy, you going to take me to Green Greens? :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ike has some glitch where he causes that area to continually explode.
I'm pretty sure it's not just Ike that can do this.

And yes, I'd take you to Green Greens. And I'd win, because I want it more.
Besides, you're not even playing singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom