• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about a thread for WiFi?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Aw man, I haven't fought Raph in ages.

If I was feeling better I'd take you up on that challenge for sure, but I got a nasty cold and I'm pretty sure you could 3-stock me right now. *cough*

I think we should use this thread for Ness Wifi Doubles also, sometime in the near future. Those are just too good. :love:

Levitas

the moon
I haven't seen any discussion as to how latency tends to affect ness or other online factors as they relate to him, so perhaps that discussion could go here.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
The latency affects my ability to PKT2 accurately and time bairs. I never play as Ness on wifi.

I don't know about a blue-dot connection, though. I've only ever had up to green.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
After a while playing shaky (probably an hour or so) the initial screen lag was no problem, but we still had a bit of input lag. I think regardless there's always going to be the input lag.

Levitas

the moon
input lag is the latency. When you press a button, it gives you a set number of frames before the input has an effect. In other words, slow moves become pseudo fast, at least in terms of reaction. The jerky kind of lag comes and goes with internet connection.

Ness's bat is better in wifi because people shouldn't be able to react to it; prediction plays a bigger role since most moves can't be avoided/shielded on reaction.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I play with the ethernet cord through the adapter on my wii, if that is what you're asking Carvac, and it feels about the same (though I have crappy internet :S)

Uffe

Smash Hero
@ Levitas: Agreed.

Raph, I wanted to play you last night. The Wii was actually working for once and I saw you were on. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I was looking for people who could own me. Fortunately I found someone, but I needed more players after that. I was up till 5:00 am.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Oh man, I think I was playing on Anyone's at that time.

I'll try and keep refreshing this thread.

Also, no, I promise my Ness can't own anything anymore, lol. I kinda want him back because Peach annoys the hell out of my Zelda. >: (

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Your player skill doesn't really matter to me, so if it bothers you and you don't wish to play, that's fair as well.

I won't judge you based off of that.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I'm gonna start up my WiFi now. Will be on for hours. Feel free to join. They don't have to be 1 v 1.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Sorry, I went off to cook and completely forgot about this.

I'm available now.

Sophia

Smash Rookie
Can someone brawl me, I think I'm finally getting the hang of Ness and his PSI powers. :D

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'll be up for a brawl in 30 min if anyone's interested. I'm more interested in practicing using PKMN Trainer than a Ness ditto, but I'm up for anything.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I guess I'll be doing this today, haven't been using ness on wi-fi for a while.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
...I can't sleep.

If anyone else is still awake/lives in a time zone where it's reasonably early, I'll do 1 vs. 1s for a few hours.

Anyone? :ness:

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'm absolutely dying for a Ness ditto. Anyone wanna brawl me?

I find it funny that battle threads always seem to die on the Ness boards. Are we all afraid of getting better, or are we just scared of EB 360 and Ref?

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
lol, I hope I can get someone from this. Anyone?

I don't care who you use.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Yikes. How far apart are we posting?

Well, I'm up for a brawl at the moment. So anyone there?

Top Bottom