• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are items spawned by characters treated in tournaments?

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
As you all know, items are turned off in tournaments, but what about characters that randomly spawn various items? King Dedede is the obvious example; I know that I have spawned smash balls, fire flowers, even all three pieces of the dragoon many times when items were off to my advantage. If this occurs in a tournament setting, is some sort of penalty called, or is the match allowed to continue since the item spawning is random and really quite unavoidable? Not to mention, dedede is throwing the items at the opponent, so the opponent actually has greater chance of retrieving and using the item. Any thoughts?

Villi

Smash Lord
Setting items to none prevents DDD from throwing anything but waddle things and gordos. Peach is the only character who pulls items regardless of your item settings and their occurences are so rare and unpreventable, they're allowed as part of her moveset.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The usual behavior is to turn off all items individually (with the posible exception of Food for diddy's peanuts)

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Setting items to none prevents DDD from throwing anything but waddle things and gordos. Peach is the only character who pulls items regardless of your item settings and their occurences are so rare and unpreventable, they're allowed as part of her moveset.
I've seen Dedede throw smash balls with Items off.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Imma say it straight...I wish we could ban Gordo...

Anyways Tourneys make sure that stuff doesn't slip through....it's not hard to block....

Now if only we could stop Gordo from coming out...

Top Bottom