• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can penguins exceed wolves on the food chain?

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
i main the kirby series :p and one of my friends who's got brawl mained yoshi (till i destroyed him and mentioned the cons of yoshi) he looked for a new main and stumbled across wolf...
now i'm havin problems exactly how is a fat penguin in a bath robe with a hammer meant to beat a space wolf with guns etc.
newa just wondered if anyone has any tips for this matchup :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cg and edge guard?

the matchup is pretty straight forward to me. just watch his bairs, and his fsmash/dsmash/AAA/ftilt because he controls close combat pretty well. shield grab everything and deal some major damage.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Good match up for DeDeDe, Waddle Dee spam so he can't lazer you, F Tilt when in range and proceed to B Air **** him whilst edge guarding as his recovery is among the worst.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
easy matchup for d3. like choknater said, consistent CG's and edgeguarding. wolf is easily WoPd and his recovery from under the level is pretty $hitty. all in all d3 is a good counterpick against wolf

IMO

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If a penguin can exceed green dinosaurs on the food chain, then anything could happen.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
A penguin can exeed anything on the food chain when he struts around with the worlds largest mallet.

This is actually proven fact.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
LMFAO @ penguins w/ guns.

They look dangerous, but the hammer is way s3xier.

This match up should just cg to fthrow then pursue him w/ bairs and up b safely to the edge. Should be easy.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
roflmao @ Gonzo. Good thing D3 is one of the more popular ones eh? Wouldn't want him walking down a dark alley and meeting a shotty to the face. That's a bad day. Yeah, CG is OP =) just work it.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Sorry but Yoshi is FAR too good to be bad to main, I win far too often with our combo crazy dino friend. Yes, you shouldnt vs anyone with a quick spike, but a lot of characters don't have them.
Your friend using Yoshi must have not been good enough.

the great jonzales

Smash Cadet
lol, thanksguys been tryinout the suggestions and they're working espec. WoP, i had difficulty gettin the CG to start as when i get close he spams reflector quite quickly, but i get through. and lol pwnguin

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
Good match up for DeDeDe, Waddle Dee spam so he can't lazer you, F Tilt when in range and proceed to B Air **** him whilst edge guarding as his recovery is among the worst.
exactly. i main both and thats my strat to a T :D

however, if youre playing a good wolf he'll reflect + smash combo you out of the stun.. hard to avoid since Ds is so large

Top Bottom