• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
See, here's the problem. A Link to the Snitch, I have no real objections to you, except you seem to enjoy flaming a lot. You have intelligent points, but they are utterly lost in your insults. I wasn't, as I repeatedly said, trying to insult or criticize you, merely pointing out that what you say gets lost in your insults, especially some of the more offensive ones, which are quite distasteful.

Also, Vesperview has been here before, long before you were in this thread, and he held several perfectly logical arguments against him, flaming no one, so I am choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Yes, some members of this thread did act up, but really, we're sick of people trying to say he will or won't be in. It's not the purpose of the thread. We're here to discuss what he would be like if he was in. The reason I spoke directly to you was because it's easier to get one person to cool down than an entire thread worth. I apologize for that, I had hoped you would cool down, and then subsequently everyone else would. Since that didn't happen...

Everyone, please chill out. We aren't really here to prove whether he's in or not. If you want to, Limit and Vesperview had a long, good argument 20 some pages back, and you can read that, and post what you think about it. Don't expect a long argument from us though, and if you're just here to de-rail the thread, expect us to ignore you, because bluntly, this is ridiculous.

So, back to why we're here... Skull Kid! I hate to return to the argument, but I thought he was only in three games? Someone else said he was in four.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
1. SSBB doesn't follow the rules of plot. These are not the characters, these are trophies based on them. So Midna doesn't have to be in her second form.

2. Being a Triforce holder takes second seat to being more important.

3. WW Link is the most common version of Link in the series' history, being a Triforce holder doesn't matter. Also, how is the style awkward? More than Game & Watch? And the fact of the matter is that it doesn't clash at all. They're both 3D - one is just much more cartoony.

4. Your lack of knowledge of Vaati doesn't eliminate him. He was in three games, and was a main villain (THE main villain in two of them).

5. Midna, Wind Waker Link, and Vaati all have a better chance, and have moveset potential.

6. Melee got MM representation because MM was still relevant. Skull Kid missed the boat.
1. Okay, you're right

2. Maby so but I don't think we'll get only The Triforce holders as characters Zelda is more unique then three characters.

3. We have already a Link, why would we have two? and yes the style is akward. Game and Watch isn't confirmed yet. And being a triforce holder does matter

4. Okay, I say he's equal maby slightly better with/then Skull Kid

5. Skull Kid has moveset potential too. Those characters have not better chances

6. Then why did Skull Kid appear in Twilight Princess and Link's crossbow training? He's at least more relevant then Midna

7. Skull Kid was in four games more then Vaati and more then Midna

8. Everything from Zelda is TP style except some things like the Ocarina of time medley so a character from a other game would be nice

9. Before someone is going to try to end this conversation. I'm not insulting anyone and I just try to convince this person that Skull Kid has a chance of getting in Brawl. Although I must say it isn't a big chance and it's hard (impossible) to convince him, I think.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! I had no idea he was in crossbow training.

Come to think of it, this is the first time crossbows have, to my knowledge, ever appeared in a Zelda game. It actually is a crossbow, right? Not a long bow?

Oh, and you guys can discuss it, just don't kill yourselves over it.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The point still stands that I did nothing to warrant flaming, and I was portrayed as being at fault in this situation.
To be perfectly honest both you and Vesperview are at fault. He made blatant flame bait posts and you responded in kind. If you had just ignored him and tryed to debate like a civilized human then we wouldn't have several more pages of flames. If you still want to debate SK here but don't want to argue like an idiot then I'm all ears but if you can't act mature and ignore Vespers flames then get out before I'm forced to notify the higher powers.

1. Okay, you're right

2. Maby so but I don't think we'll get only The Triforce holders as characters Zelda is more unique then three characters.

3. We have already a Link, why would we have two? and yes the style is akward. Game and Watch isn't confirmed yet. And being a triforce holder does matter

4. Okay, I say he's equal maby slightly better with/then Skull Kid

5. Skull Kid has moveset potential too. Those characters have not better chances

6. Then why did Skull Kid appear in Twilight Princess and Link's crossbow training? He's at least more relevant then Midna

7. Skull Kid was in four games more then Vaati and more then Midna

8. Everything from Zelda is TP style except some things like the Ocarina of time medley so a character from a other game would be nice

9. Before someone is going to try to end this conversation. I'm not insulting anyone and I just try to convince this person that Skull Kid has a chance of getting in Brawl. Although I must say it isn't a big chance and it's hard (impossible) to convince him, I think.
1. Like I said, Vaati and Midna are good choices for non-Triforce characters.

2. If G&W wasn't awkward in Melee, he wouldn't be awkward in this. Cel-shading has worked fine in games which were otherwise in 3D.

3. Because TP Link doesn't satisfy all parties. The Wind Waker inspired games have been much more popular than the realistic games lately in the series in Japan. I mean, if we were going to pick a non-TP rep, we should pick a rep from a current Zelda "series".

4. I didn't say Skull Kid didn't have moveset potential, I said that all the characters being discussed had just-fine moveset potential.

5. His roles in TP and Crossbow Training are, no offense, minor ones. For instance, if Midna missed the boat for Brawl and had minor appearances in later games, that wouldn't do much to improve her chances, because she lacks a major role to warrant some promotion.

6. Yes, something non-TP would be nice, but why not something WW-based?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SIFFHOMu9I here you see Skull Kid at 2.13. He uses his puppets again could be part of his moveset. Now I've to go to sleep So I'll see you guy's tomorrow bye-bye
Thanks for the Link dude.

Wow... Link does use a Crossbow. I think this a first in Zelda, a Crossbow. Not sure though. I don't know the entire item list for all the games... I know what games you don't get one, which is a long list.

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
well, ww-based?
well its just because i don't really care for ww characters i didn't exactly like that game, thats why im here and support him and minda.

but yes the tp and crossbow are very very minor ones, but skull kid is also very strong like when skull kid was showing link the way to the master sword when link hit him with his sword, it didn't hurt him he was just playing with him and having fun. though thats whhat skull kid does in everygame, just like in mm he was just wanting to get some attention from duh salseman, maybe he also needs to get some attention for suraki (never spells hims name right) if ya know what i mean.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind one character from Wind Waker, and WW Link could have some wicked moves (Cannon!) but Skull Kid trumps all.

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Well, my favorite Zelda game is MM, which is why I strongly support Skull Kid more than other Zelda characters. I believe that WW Link, Vaati, and Midna have a better chance than he does, though.

That's my opinion on the matter.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Indeed.

Hmm, I had an odd debate yesterday that if Skull Kid was in he would take Mewtwo's slot. They said he would definitely use his moves. At first I thought this was ridiculous, but after thinking about it, he could be a Mewtwo clone, although I wouldn't want him to be. It leads me to wonder; what characters could Skull Kid potentially be a clone of?

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Indeed.

Hmm, I had an odd debate yesterday that if Skull Kid was in he would take Mewtwo's slot. They said he would definitely use his moves. At first I thought this was ridiculous, but after thinking about it, he could be a Mewtwo clone, although I wouldn't want him to be. It leads me to wonder; what characters could Skull Kid potentially be a clone of?
Lucas is the nearest I can think of... Replace 'B' moves with flashy purple death beams recolours. Change some smashes that involve items and Presto! not to forget some final smash death moon glory!

P.S! BWAH?! An skull kid thread! My most wanted character Eveeeeer! I want your babies... :p

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Lucas? Wow, I hadn't thought of him, but it fits pretty well from what I've seen, with the exception of PK Thunder, I can't really imagine him using a technique like that. Still, people who played Earthbound never imagined PK Thunder like that either, so it's a possibility, eh?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
what characters could Skull Kid potentially be a clone of?
While I think Skull Kid is worthy of being an original and not a clone, if he were a clone, I see him being a Sheik clone. Fast,(slightly less?) powerful, good jumping ablility...but light weight. Both have darts. I cant remember if Skull Kid ever teleported, but it seems within the scope of his abilities...About Sheiks Whip...I don't know....

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's true I'd want Skull Kid to be original, this keeps discussion up a bit...

Actually, I while back on this thread people were suggesting he have Majora's Wrath's Tendrils as a side-b, and I couldn't help but think sheik. Also, he could lift the teleportation-esque move he uses in Twilight Princess for Up-B, and a slingshot for needles, or something like that? I don't know, darts sound pretty Skull Kid to me...

The question is, what would happen to down b if he was a Sheik clone?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
The question is, what would happen to down b if he was a Sheik clone?
Hmmm....It could be transformation into Majora's Wrath, but that'd be a larger, heavier character than Zelda. And I just don't think thats likely. If Skull Kid is a Sheik clone, then that down b would probably be something unrelated to transformation. Maybe Tatle and Tael circle around Skull Kid for 5 seconds or so offering protection from projectiles...It could be anything, but I don't see transformation.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, nor do I. I've always liked the idea of including the fairies in his moveset anyways.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happier. I'd be so happy I would... I have no idea. All I know is that there would be no words.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Well, all will be revealed shortly. The Japanese release date is January 31, 2008 and its the 28th now...When is the Japanese strategy guide released? Thats a sure fire way to know everything ASAP.

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
It's true. Hopefully when we read the table of contents, we'll see Skull Kid's name under 'playable'. If he is, how do you guys think you'll react?

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Think positively dude, his chances aren't that horrible... I mean, they're pretty bad, but they aren't terrible.

Top Bottom