• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how could he NOT be a clone?

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
Now that is one impressive bump. 7-8 months have passed since this thread was made.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Toon Link could have easily been decloned, using his Deku Leaf and Skull Hammer, but after using him, I think I prefer him how he is. There's not really any specific need for him to have a different moveset.

Only problem is, no Lon Lon Milk taunt. They should have put it back in, but with a blue potion instead.
Fixed.

Toon Link is fine the way he is, but still his recovery AND Final Smash could've been different.

Like, for instance, for his final smash he could've played the Ballad of Gales and boom, a big cyclone comes out and tears up all characters around him.

But that's just me.

N-n-n-nECRO

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
@ this thread:
stfu.

EDIT: nice pic Rutger.

TL needs a Deku leaf and Windwaker. =P

OMG! Imagine if up taunt did a G$W Uair "air-push" thing, but for the whole level.
That would be amazing.
And it could advance our metagame. >_>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
@ this thread:
stfu.
Honestly. Bombchu would be great, except jumping makes that thing worthless. An entire new B-moveset like that looks cool, but might just make Toon Link a bad character. =/

His standard moves suffice since there are only so many ways to swing a sword without looking too badass to a normal move (lol Dancing Blade).

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I dont feel Toon Link is a clone.
His moves may seem similiar but there are diffrences.
Tink has higher jumps, floaty, recovery has greater range, bomb has bigger blast radius, arrows travel more horizontal and more...

Well wateva, im happy Tink is in Brawl! :D Say wat u want! :p

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
I have played WW, so I know a few things as well.

Here's my moveset, just to further prove that Toon Link does not need to be a clone. ;)

B- Arrow.

Unlike Link's, You can control the trajectory by holding B and tilting the control stick. When B is released, the arrow will travel at the speed of one of Pit's arrows in an infinite fading line. 5% is done.
Things to Note: When B is rapidly tapped, the fire rate will be approximately the same as Wolf's blaster.

Side B-Boomerang.

Will travel like Razor Leaf (slightly upwards) and then will trail back to TL.

Up B- Deku Leaf.

When used on ground, he will bring the leaf over his head, and after about a one second delay, will swing the leaf down, having a gust of wind push foes back a distance of about two Wario Bikes. If right in front of TL, the opponent will be knocked down, no damage.
Possible Uses: Great way to prevent others from a successful recovery.

When used in air, TL's Deku Leaf is most comparable to Peach's Parasol. After a slight ascent, TL pulls out his Deku Leaf. You can move both forwards and backwards, you will fall slowly, and you can switch from fall-special to the parachute form by tilting up and down.
Things to Note: If you press B while in Parachute form, you will puff out your leaf suddenly, damaging foes nearby for 5%.

Down B- Iron Boots.

When used on ground, TL will do a slight hop, landing with a crash and his new Iron Boots. (The crash will damage nearby foes for 7%)Running speed reduced to 2 walking steps a second, and jumps are as if you are metal. If enemy is under TL and touches him when both are in the air, TL will spike the opponent.
Possible Uses: Sacrificial KO, Ceiling Recovery.

Smashes will use the Skull Hammer instead of the sword.
Fsmash: Near exact same as Ike's Fsmash, but a tad weaker and faster.
Usmash: Near exact same as Ikes' Usmash (again), but a tad weaker and faster.
Dsmash: Neat exact same as DDD's Dsmash, but again, a tad weaker and faster.

M3M0

Smash Rookie
yes... if they change anything to TL... he wont be my fav. =D

deku leaf = snake ovni xD to vunerable xD

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He needs to keep the bombs!
Iron boots can be dair but he needs the bombs.

Besides, I like TL how he is. And clones never stopped me from playing my three characters in Melee. (Roy, Young Link, and Falco)

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
But TL doesn't not have to be a clone. (Double negatives FTW)
He is technically Link so having similar moves is not a big deal.

Now if we were discussing Ganon and Falcon then it would be a different story but we are not.

Btw, I'm fine with how similar the three Star Fox representatives are, I think there is enough different characters that a few clones are not a problem as long as it makes since with who they are a clone of.

Toon Link51

Smash Rookie
To not make Tlink I would say Link needs to be changed.

I mean Link's finishing move he gets in TP.

The first sword move you get could of easily been his FS.

Also Link has wolf link now, thou I doubt it would carry over to the next SSB.

Link could of used his sword skills from TP this time around.

Top Bottom