• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Dair You? Samus Compilation Vid

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Very nice Rohins! Your combo's were impressive, i liked them a lot. I don't know about your opponents though... were they very good?

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone explain why dair works on soo many more ppl in brawl than melee? It doesn't seem like they changed it at all...is it just the floatiness of the game that is throwing ppl off or what?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Very nice Rohins! Your combo's were impressive, i liked them a lot. I don't know about your opponents though... were they very good?
Thanks. They're good opponents, but combo vids don't focus on how good opponents are. It's pretty much a collage of some more successful moment so of course they're going to seem bad. It's also wifi, so you can take reaction time with a grain of salt as well </johns>.

Can anyone explain why dair works on soo many more ppl in brawl than melee? It doesn't seem like they changed it at all...is it just the floatiness of the game that is throwing ppl off or what?
Call this a rude guess, but it's because you can't meteor cancel it like you could in Melee. In Melee if you daired someone they could instantly jump or upB and be fine. In Brawl, while hit stun is minimal, it seems you can't jump or upB until the hitstun is gone.

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
A wario with one life vs. Rohins who still had 3 lives? Probably took that much damage to rid himself of the fat man twice.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Nice compilation, Rohins! I liked how you got Toon Link at the Lylat Cruise. I laughed when I saw that.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The Lucario didn't know how to use ExtremeSpeed to Wall cling, and some of the opponents were using decidedly inferior tactics in response to what you were projecting.

It's not about their skill, but of course they need to seem like they were doing something plausibly intelligent, in order to make what you did look good. Except of course for any "brilliance" you come up with - which would be, say, innovative spiking, or any novel combo (especially in Brawl, and especially any Samus aerial string :)).

I did like the utilt though, and am trying to emulate those spikes. Spiking is definitely something I need to get better with - it's the (only tangible) thread running through all my character choices, I noticed recently.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
good **** Rohins. I love the utilt use and obviousley the dairs. Samus' edge game can definately make up for lack of raw KO ability if practiced, and you displayed that very well.

Oh yeah Rohins, kinda off topic, but is it just me or does utilt kill at low % at the right angle? seems like it does.

Subach

Smash Apprentice
I love the part where you spike the Marth edgeguarding you.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
good **** Rohins. I love the utilt use and obviousley the dairs. Samus' edge game can definately make up for lack of raw KO ability if practiced, and you displayed that very well.

Oh yeah Rohins, kinda off topic, but is it just me or does utilt kill at low % at the right angle? seems like it does.
I think the low % kills (at least at the edge) is due to poor DI. If they are pressing away or down to let go of the edge that's terrible DI for a move that knocks you horizontal and up.

Ark098

Smash Cadet
i like the name haha. also like how that ganon tried twice to ganocide you at 00:28 but you managed to stage spike him. do samus' Nair and UpB just have natural priority over ganons choke in that situation or do you have to time it?

Doctor

Smash Rookie
Nicely done, though I am curious as to how you hit the characters with the up tilt as they were about to grab onto the ledge. Is it that a character does not gain invincibility until they actually latch onto the edge, either directly or by tether, so you can hit them off with good timing, or were you hitting them before they were actually in range to automatically grab onto the ledge?

Doval

Smash Lord
The character needs to latch on to be invincible (it would be quite stupid to get invincibility frames just for passing close to the edge.) Snapping your tether to the edge doesn't count. The character has to grab the edge. Also, characters that grab on via tether have half the invincibility time - if you go to training mode, set the speed to 1/4 and grab the edge normally, you'll notice that your character flashes 6 times while invincible, and can let go after the third flash. If you grab on via tether, you can let go instantly but your character only flashes thrice. It's as if you skipped the first part altogether.

Nicely done on the video by the way. Many of those meteors (especially the Snake ones) could've been survived if he had just meteor canceled though.

Doctor

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the information. I always assumed that latching onto the edge was instantaneous, so that you could not hit someone as they were grabing the ledge, but I guess I'll go into training to work on the timing.

Top Bottom