• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you come up with your Alias

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
So we seen some crazy *** names on the boards. some good. some horrible. What I want to know is how did you get those silly alias names and the story behind them.

Purple

Hi guys!
Roxy = Roxanne from A goofy movie, Rayku was angry about me thinking an anthro female is cute. So i changed my name to her in a trollish way.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Well, Lash is my gamertag, i just thought it up one day. The "D" is because my name starts with D (it's Drue, yes it is spelled like that). The 94 is that i was born in 1994. the 0....idk i just like the # 0 lol.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
I forgot to tell my story. During a crew battle i was playing against a Lance's Peach and I was shooting missiles and running like a ***** cause I hate fighting peach. As Ga was rooting for me Eugene kept calling me The Alpha Gundam and I like the sound of it *I'm a gundam fan* so I changed my name from X2X to The Alpha Gundam. I still hate peach by the way

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Long story short.

Freshman year in high school (2003) I got into Halo. I had originally used my Dad's tag (Dredd) but attached a JR to it (i.e. DreddJr). Then one day riding the bus home, a group of friends and I were joking around. Eventually one of them called me a gerbil because he thought that I looked like a gerbil. Everyone thought this was so funny. Afterward, they changed my in game tag from DreddJr to Gerbil, they started putting gerbil on all of my papers, and they even erased my name on my homework and replaced it with gerbil. I hated it at first.

Now however, I've got Gerbil on my class ring, Gerbil on my license plate, and "Gerbil" was one of the most recognizable and feared names in competitive Halo until 2006. It just stuck. Now everyone calls me Gerbil. : )

GA Peach

Smash Lord
mine is a super exciting tale. i couldn't think of an SWF name, so i just put my state and what character I played. it just happened to be GA Peach.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Raikou from Pokemon Silver version back in '01. Switched the letters around because I liked making cool nicknames. The "thunder" in my IM name just comes from his typing.

Pritch

Smash Lord
My last name is pritchard. Very exciting, I know.

Actually, it used to be Jazzman_Pritch (I'm a pretty serious jazz musician + last name, again, very creative) or variations of that in most games till I got seriously into C&C Generals. B@stards at EA didn't allow that many characters. Thus jazzman was dropped, and has stayed so ever since.

Umby

Smash Master
My original alias for gaming and forums was "UmbreonShadow" (Umbreon is my favorite Pokemon, and when you're 14, adding "Shadow" to usernames just makes everything cooler). At one point I was a leader of a clan (lol clans) on Pokemon Netbattle, and changed my name to reflect that. However, "Falcon Leader Umbreon" was three characters too long, so I shortened the last part to Umbreon's shorthand nickname, Umby. For anyone who remembers the random "Teh" in my name, someone just called me "Teh Umby" when greeting me, and I liked the sound of it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol, I remember Flat Soda's thread. I think that was my first post in the Gent's Club :]

So I just searched BBQ on know your meme's, and this basically sums it up:

OMGWTFBBQ stands for “Oh My God What The F*ck Barbecue.” Little more than a meaningless jumble of acronyms, the phrase can be seen as a parody of popular internet acronyms in usage. To some extent, it has been also used to express confusion or lack of understanding, especially in the midst of incoherency.

The earliest usage of OMGWTFBBQ can be traced to Something Awful forums, where it was primarily used to mock other people’s excessive use of three-letter acronyms like OMG and WTF. The phrase became further popular through its usage in chatrooms and online games.

Yeah, so basically, I just thought it was really funny to see BBQ at the end of lolomgwtf.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I hope "Spank the Dill" posts in here because I very much like his name story.

Mine is easy. A gundam fan at Anime Weekend Atlanta 9 called me "The Red Comet" cause I was using red falco and ****** everyone not named Aura Fox at the event (note, this is before Mike G came and ***** everyone the following year(s)

and TRC got shortened to RC cause, I dunno, it sounds a lot better. So my close friends all know be my RC. the T is formal. ******s.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I dunno, I make up my own names.

And Serin just seemed to work.
WTF! I thought you got "Serin" from Secret of Mana! Serin in the father of the main character in the game! :mad:

All this time I thought were cool for having that name and ...you made it up!?

-rep 9001

Anyway, My name is obviously the shorter version of my full name but it was created by a legendary man by the name of Cello. He was the host of the huge tourney series known as BIN(Best in NYC). This was way back before people thought of using their nick names for tourneys and people entered BIN tourneys with their first name and Last initial. At the same time my SWF name was EVIL_peach18 and BikeLee was my old nick name. Eventually my current nick stuck with me throughout the years winning BINs and people calling me by Mike G at nyc tourneys. And the rest is history.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I thought it would be funny to be called Dr Peepee.

The story behind why I even thought of this name in the first place is really dumb though.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp your story is SO GOOD. i laugh every time i think of it.

as for me, i'm black. and my name is chris. and i think this thread was made for me, cuz i heard you and others were saying my name was the worst ever alpha, lol. i know its bad. i'm thinking about changing it to either:

Shadow of Darkness -> cuz i'm a ganon main and it sounds kinda cool
ToP - Triforce of Power -> cuz i'm a ganon main
tha D@rkness -> cuz i like the @ sign now. and i could use d@rk as my in game tag...and cuz i'm a ganon main.

i just needed a name quick. cuz cdnicho3 (my school username) was not cutting it for the boards.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the stinger was my favorite car in gta3
135 was the highest score i've ever gotten in bowling

somehow when i made my neopets account when i was 9 or 10 or something that is what came to my mind
and here I am today

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
D@rknessFalls224

hmm...the bowling thing for the number is interesting...

if you get a premium account, how many times can you change your name?

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im a beaner.

Saw the BEHR Paint Can.

and it just stuck. :']

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
fizwidget is the name of the antagonist in ratchet and clank...

then mr.fizwidget was a runescape monster

then mr.fizwidget was a monster troll

now mr.fizwidget plays melee

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'd just gotten done watching Wolf's Rain when I made my username. Nihongo = Japanese, Ookami = Wolf. Sometimes with two Os sometimes with one. I love Anime, and Anime generally comes from Japan. I love Wolves.

My usual alias online is TheDarkMoogle. I love final Fantasy, Moogles are awesome, and in a similar fashion to Umby, adding Dark to something just makes it sound cooler at that age.

My smash name, Yiff, comes from the fact that I'm a furry. If you don't know what Yiff is, look it up, feel free to ask questions.

Honestly, I would have chosen a different tag IF I had thought I'd ever be entering a tournament again. When I entered a Waba weekly, I used the first thought that came to mind. I figured it wouldn't really matter.

I want a name change.

I should be Player-4.

Top Bottom