• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you main Weegee?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
How did you pick up playing as Luigi? I just recently learned I'm good as him. I just decided to play as him for the lulz, and all at once, I'm maining him. So, how were the rest of you Weegeefied?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol ah man picking on him was the greatest moment of my life. It was back in melee, where we had a party. This guy picking Mario, so I decided why not use Luigi they're about the same. And after couple of matchs I started reping with him and it made it even more fun with wavedashing.

So from there on, I was a Luigi main and it was worth all my time and devotion for it :]

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
I Wanted To Main 5 People In Melee. He Was One Of The Choices Because I Always Loved Luigi On All Of The Mario Kart Games So I Just Said Why Not. So I Kept Using Him In Brawl .also Because I Loved His Music In Mario Strikers Charged. Also Ever Since Ssb I Love Landing A Super Jump Punch.

MY MAINS BRAWL CODE 4038 5688 0779

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Weegee stared into my soul and made me main him.

GUYS HELP ME FROM MY TRANCE HE'S GONNA KILL ME IF I MAIN SOMEONE ELSE

i mean luigi is the best there is no escape *Bzzt*

In all seriousness, I mained him because noone knew jack about him back then in my neighborhood and thought, "Hey, might as well kick *** with noone knows about."

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Because he's my favorite Nintendo character, I don't based my mains on tier lists, only on who I like.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
my fav nintendo character since the first game i played with him in it. just kept maining him because of this.

PrinceMarthX

Smash Journeyman
Took me a long time to find a main. I spent a lot of time trying out characters and switched a lot early on.

I like Luigi because:

His recovery options are great. He can literally recover from anything provided you have a jump to spare.

His forward smash is fast and powerful. You can even make it more so by angeling it upwards.

He has plenty of KO moves. He's about the only middle weight that can KO easily.

Cyclone is a great approach. Unless they know it's coming, it's too fast to avoid.

Fire Jump Punch gives Luigi incredible potential. You can KO as low as 50% and it's pretty easy to hit if you know the best times to use it.

Luigi is a demon in the air. He attacks so fast that it's difficult to beat him in the air.

Eten

Smash Ace
It was quite a few years back, and I had made friends with a new student who moved into the area who used to always Main Luigi back from SSB and even into melee. I was much better than him back then, and his older brother would always beat him, so we had "training" and I trained him to get better to beat his brother(who of course always played mario). He did. By the time melee came about and we had learned wavedashing and whatnot, his brother stopped playing SSB and SSBM altogether out of frustration of always losing to his younger brother. And so Super Smash Bros. has always been our thing.

So luigi was always his thing. I played mostly everybody, but I kinda tended towards Samus in Melee. Then when brawl came out, we were all ready for him to main luigi and for me to main Samus and rock the place, but he stopped playing and now lives quite a ways away. So, out of tradition where I'd learn stuff about luigi and help him improve his luigi, I had to learn to main luigi in my friends place. Since luigi is very good in Brawl, I feel the need to play and represent him and show off just how good he really is.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
I third main weegee, cause he's a pimp, everyone SHOULD love him, i like his meta-game and youtube poops, were there is smoke, there is mama luigi (My favorite mario franchise character)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
I always liked that Luigi was the overshadowed character in the Mario series.

But I thought of him like a secret badd *** who was hittin peach and daisy on the side xD.

Ive mained Weegee since 64

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Me coming to main wigi was just by chance i played link from ssb and ssbm i started playing link in ssbb, but started to get tired of having no fun so i went around the toons in the game played with them and when i got to luigi, the 6th toon i played after ike, wolf, c.falcon, lucario, toon link. I just fell in love with the cuban missile crisis. I mean luigi is strange in a good way he seems to be smoking the ganja all the time and he's just luigi the ultimate badazz, theres not much hes bad at if anything. I just love the look on peoples faces when they're talking about their mains and how good the toon they play is and blah blah blah then they see a luigi and go wtf most of them not knowing what to expect and BAM in the face HI YA! karate Chop, then the ultimate O ooooooo taunt SPIKE, FJP!, Yahooooo. any way you put it its subtitled Die Mfer Die :p.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
I'm always weegee... Ever since i got Super Mario All Stars when i was 2, I was luigi and my brother was Mario. We actually look like em too, except for some minor changes.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
My best friend always played Mario on the 64 version, and back then I didn't know much about video games in all honesty. I owned an NES but had a random collection. Point being, I picked up Luigi for all of our team matches so we could be the mario bros, and quickly grew to love Luigi. He has been my favorite Ninty character since then :D

On a side note, all of my friends tell me Luigi is the video game embodiment of myself personality wise, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing =p

Eten

Smash Ace
On a side note, all of my friends tell me Luigi is the video game embodiment of myself personality wise, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing =p
It's both.
There's Luigi, and honestly he surpasses his brother despite being in his shadow all the time. He's always jumped just a bit higher, been a bit more fit and kept a slightly cleaner set of overalls. And I mean, come on, just look at what he can do in the misfire and shoryuken. And his "Bang bang" victory pose may be the pimpest thing in the world.

But you also have his other, darker, and creepier side. Just take Weegee for exa

Folt

Smash Ace
Luigi was the first video game character I played... on the Super Mario Bros 3 for the NES,
I was always Player 2. Also, in a way, I can never hope to be the best myself like Luigi. So
I've always favoured Luigi over Mario anytime I get the chance to use him. As such, it was
only natural for me to main Luigi.

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
He had me at, "Let's-a-gooo..."

No, but seriously, I've played him since Melee, and his aerials are what really took me in to main him. Also love shield-super jump punching. =D

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
I was Luigi in Grade 1 halloween. I always liked Luigi because it was not Mario. He was the unpopular one and taller one, and that's what I was in grade school. Always picked him in Mario Kart. The choice was sort of easy when SSB came around, but when I found out about the firepunch, I fell in love for the first time. Also Luigi's Mach Bike, in MK Wii is Sick.

LongCat90001

Smash Cadet
One word: Taunts... lol he has the most epic taunt ever: the one where he falls down( I use it to dodge projectiles XD when i feel like pissing my friends off.) also he has only taunt that hurts ppl. [guess not anymore cuz of snakes box]

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
One word: Taunts... lol he has the most epic taunt ever: the one where he falls down( I use it to dodge projectiles XD when i feel like pissing my friends off.) also he has only taunt that hurts ppl. [guess not anymore cuz of snakes box]
Lol the taunt where he falls down like a bent pencil or something? Lol I didn't think of dodging projectiles with that. Although he has the crawl for that :3

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman
When I mained weegee in Melee, I just liked being off-beat. Everyone else was playing Marth, Sheik, and Fox/falco, but I was playing Luigi. It made me stand out a little for having to main someone different than everyone else.

But now I play Snake and everyone calls me a bandwagoner. :(

Banditsofthesea

Smash Apprentice
We were having a random match in Melee, my friend was Ness and I was tired of playing with Pikachu (my other main), so i played with my 2nd favorite nintendo character, Luigi. 1st match we played, owned him killing his 7 lives and losing only 1. From then on, loved Luigi!

TheMann

Smash Ace
Cuz he's the best nintendo character thats why. And mostly cuz green is my favorite color.

AltCtrlPwn

Smash Rookie
Favorite Nintendo character, of course. If I didn't have a backlog of new games I bought all at once, I would have gladly played Super Mario Galaxy all over again with Luigi, he's just awesome.

CLink25

Smash Rookie
i had started winnin a bunch of matches withi him then started maining him for a while.now i can use evryone

Meccs

@Meccs_
One day I just felt like playing as him in Smash Bros. 64, and he's been my favorite Mario character ever since. I use him in every Mario game minus Brawl, though I mained him for the first 2 or so months I had Brawl, since I mained him in all my 7 years of Melee and didn't feel like changing.

SuperNofriendo

Smash Rookie
Well back in the first super smash bros i used him because he was mario's younger brother and I too was a younger brother plus he was just cool and had an awesome up b

Then in melee I used him again and realized he had been changed and didn't like him at first. Then when I heard about wavedashing I was practicing it with luigi on FD and just started liking him again. And I still like him.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
i picked luigi because in the original super smash, my friends hated people using the same characters (otherwise i would have used mario). Afterwards, i stuck with luigi all the way up to brawl (my friend and I are trying to become the best mario/luigi team out there, hey you got to dream right?) XD

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I was using Bowser at the time, then i saw Futile's Wario 2 stock Gimpyfish. I'm like "wow, priority plox?" So I go to the Wario boards and right after reading the guide I look at who Wario has trouble with. Two of the biggest were G&W and Luigi, because of their areal priority. So I decided, hey, that's what I want. So i flipped a coin and picked G&W. After ~1 month, I went to my first tourney, and decided there were too many G&W's out there, so there was Luigi, calling my name. Thus i started to use him. The End.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I havent mained him, but If I were to, its because he has a stage named after him with great music.

Wolf da beast

Smash Rookie
Well honestly i never liked luigi but for some reason i was prety good with him since ssb and then in mele i stoped using him so then in brawl i was playing my brother it was my first time playng but he was really good any way i lost with every character in the game lol (i was using the remote and nunchuck lol)then i finaly used luigi actualy i did win using wolf the first time but wen i used luigi i won three times in a row lol since then he and wolf of course has ben my main

Lozt

Smash Rookie
back in melee my friends always played smash and i sucked so much... (didnt know anything about smash... actually i didnt even like to play it because i sucked xD), i tried with a lot of chars and then one friend told me "have you tried luigi???" i choose him and it was like if i was born again 8-) a magic moment 8-) mained him since then and now.. i'm not THAT bad <,<

chic

Smash Ace
Well, my bro and I have been huge fans of the Mario games since forever and when SSB64 came out we just chose Mario and Luigi. We've both been using them since then. We have a pretty kick-*** doubles team using them too :)

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
well i mean i was tired of seeing the same players over and over again so i just had random in a friendly and hell i just killed everyone in a a ffa and his fmash got people like wtf whats happening and then SHORYUKEN everyone was like luigi owns and i sadi : ive found my new main HE OWNS

Top Bottom