• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do I Beat You?

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
The innocuous question.

I've realized my trouble fighting the character for a while, from For Glory to playing with friends. A common issue I seem to have is, Cloud scarcely seems to suffer from landing lag or endlag on many of his moves. While I would instinctively try to follow up his attacks with a punish, they scarcely seem to work. Attempts to shield-grab result in me either being pushed too far away by his giant sword to actually reach the grab (with a variety of characters), and attempts to shield an aerial into a grab are either met with the same result (pushed too far to actually punish), or met with Cloud simply landing and grabbing me before I can react.

So, in short, how do I beat Cloud? What moves and game strategies should I be looking for to properly punish him? In what way is Cloud 'flawed' that most characters can exploit?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Never approach Cloud. Cloud is good at forcing approaches and punishing accordingly. Instead, force him to approach if possible.

Projectile pressuring is another method that works against Cloud. Characters like Tink and Samus excel at this.

Get him offstage. Without Limit, he will have a hard time getting back on especially if you're good at edgeguarding and gimping. If he has Limit, he'll have to use it to recover.

Hope this helps. I'd tell you more, but I have stuff to go do in a bit. Sorry.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Another good thing to do against Cloud is to make him burn his Limit Break as soon as he gets it. Basically throw him off the stage and take his double jump to force him to burn it. Also Ledge Guarding is very important to do against Cloud. Go watch M2K's video on edgeguarding Cloud it's very helpful.

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
I guess scrolling down on the forums was too much? I've seen a similar thread made with a similar title
http://smashboards.com/threads/what-do-i-do-against-you.430339/

Now allow me to quote another user

If you really want to know how Cloud works or want tips on some of his moves I would suggest checking out the Cloud meta game thread or the Cloud matchup discussion thread.
Your answer could of been easily answered there or if you have a discord you could of joined the Cloud group to ask for MU knowledge, instead of wasting time making a thread about it.

Top Bottom