• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I do a Barrel Roll? ~ Fox Q&A (Check the OP)

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
how come I sometimes get ending lag after short hop double laser? >: It seems so random...Zhamy told me I might be firing them off too early, but what determines "too early" exactly?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
how come I sometimes get ending lag after short hop double laser? >: It seems so random...Zhamy told me I might be firing them off too early, but what determines "too early" exactly?
Lasers like most aerials have AC frames and sometimes cause landing lag if fired to early on the way back down from the SH. (NOT exactlly sure of frame data but makes the most sense right?)

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that makes sense >: I guess I won't worry about the frame data or anything haha. Thanks.

It's just REALLY annoying cuz I used to be able to shdl without getting the landing lag, but now I'm getting the lag after every 5 shdl ><;

Zhamy

Smash Champion
[4.10] Note on Edge Returns

One important thing to not here is always make sure you know when you've used a recovery move to get to the edge. If you've used fox's side-b or up-b, and haven't landed on the stage yet, there's something that you'll need to watch out for. After using a recovery move, a flag is set in memory that say's you've used a recovery move. It is removed once you've landed (not just stand) onstage. When you land from either doing nothing, or something that autocancels, you recieve "normal landing lag". If you fell from less than or equal in height to your full hop height, you'll receive 16 frames of lag; if you fast fell, or fell from heigher than your full hop, you'll receive 32 frames of lag. However, you'll think, no way is there that much lag just from landing. And you're mostly right. "Light landing" is IASA on frame 2, and "Heavy Landing" is IASA on frame 5, meaning that you can perfrom any action starting at frame 2 (or 5), cancelling the remaining landing lag. HOWVER, here's the catch: if that recovery flag is still up, you cannot IASA your landing. So if you up-b to the edge, then get up, the next time you land, you'll have either 16 frames of lag, or a hideous 32 frames of lag depending on if you fast fell or high fell or not. To avoid this attrocious monstrosity, make sure that the next time you land on the stage, it's with aerial landing lag that's minimal, so that you've landed, but w/ lag less than 16/32 frames, reseting the flag.
Maybe it's this?

Atria

Smash Journeyman
What are Fox's good and bad stages? Also, some reasons why would be helpful too if that doesn't bother anyone. Thanks.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
this has been a question bothering me for a while now... how do i force an air release?
To air release your opponent, don't pummel them. If you want to ground release your opponent, keep pummeling them. Also, if your opponent is not touching the ground when you grab them, they'll be air released as well.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
this has been a question bothering me for a while now... how do i force an air release?

if you're char is shorter, you can't. The opponent has to input jump while your grabbing them. Fox can't foce an air release unless he grabs them out of the air

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I've been messing with the brawl shield stun a bunch lately, trying to make my own shield breaker combo alowance code. and i found out the shield has 3 types

the power shield frames and the normal frames, plus this super tiny frame alowance right after the power shield frames, that EXTREAMLY cuts shield stun.

like i did a warlock punch on a regular shield and got like 2 seconds of shield stun, and when i this middle shield in between the power and regular frames, the shield stun of like brawls normal amount.

this is prolly beyond useless information, but o well, I'm basicly just asking if anyone knew about this?

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
Something in between a normal shield and power shield? Never heard of it. It could exist, I suppose.

Don't forget to test it out with shield tilts as well. I think that might give side effects.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Something in between a normal shield and power shield? Never heard of it. It could exist, I suppose.

Don't forget to test it out with shield tilts as well. I think that might give side effects.
shiled tilts.

maybe like if you shield and an attack hits on this middle shild you get an anta roll or something.

hmmm

i'll take a look into it.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
You know what I mean by tilting your shield right? You're going to test individual areas of your shield now?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Fox can't escape until somewhere around 75-85 percent if I remember correct. And even then, Pika gets a free Usmash I think. So, no, Fox can't get out of the chaingrab at a "decent" percentage.

§witch

Smash Lord
80-90% is wrong.

The normal pika CG is escapable at around 70%, with good DI.

The buffer CH needs to be started at the proper percent for it too work, and then it will go until ~90%.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
What 0-Death AT (the one on the Social thread topic) Are you guys reffering to? Do you have any vids or something? And...are you sure it works on IC's?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Hey in my one vid vs. ROB that stupid SD Idk how this works (my cstick is set to smash) and I actually illisions towards the stage but I accidentally hit the Cstick in he opposite direction is and SD'd as you saw...explain please? I'm messed around and I was able to FoxFire,Illision,and Reverse Laser with pressing B then Cstick in said direction. (Remember my Cstick is set to smash)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The other day I shined out of Snakes nair......this is known correct?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What's the best trap to set up usmash with? It's obviously Fox' best KO move but it's also very predictable to use just like that...so I'm looking for stuff that makes it easier to hit opponents with it. What I found so far is using bair/uair to force the opponent to airdodge and then use your frame advantage (with auto cancel) to successfully land the usmash.
However, I find it very hard to get my opponent in such a position since Fox isn't good at juggling imo (his uthrow is garbs, his utilt is rather for combos + has too little knockback, usmash is a KO move) ... the only thing that works in my experience is dthrow -> fair but that doesn't put the opponent in the position I'd like to. So what exactly do you guys do to hit smart opponents with usmash?

:059:

Top Bottom