• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I get better with fox?

reactor

Smash Rookie
I suck with him and all my techniques fail. So could you guys give me suggestions? thanks

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Fox is really hard to use when your first starting the game. You should at least post a video of yourself so we can see where your skill level is.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I always wait until I do something until I go into the next move

to explain better, if I want to do the shine turn around up b edge hog then I will wait till I see the shine come out to turn around, and wait till I see fox turn around to up b. Eventually you get faster and faster at it..

reactor

Smash Rookie
I sometimes camp and shoot lasers, but when I wave shine, I usually suicide.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
Fox is a ***** regarding tech-skill. For me, my Fox has improved technically alot by just using other characters. Maining Falco might have been an edge for me :p

Brookman

Smash Hero
practice makes perfect. Practice shffl timings, moving out of l cancels as fast as possible, wave dashing out of the shine as fast as possible. Just practice moving as fast as possible. If you hav ea problem executing a basic tech then practice that one for a while.

Practicing is stressful, make sure you take breaks and take deep, relaxing breaths every so often.

Chew

Smash Rookie
be creative and innovative with your combos, and shffl a lot

Beat!

Smash Master
1. Pick a technique you want to learn
2. Practice it 23459483492 times
3. Take a break every now and then. Sometimes the muscle memory needs to work
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until you've got it down
5. Go back to step 1

Pandu!

Smash Cadet
^this.
Anyone can learn fox in a relatively short period of time through disciplined practice. Don't move on to a new technique until you've already mastered the one you're practicing. Start simple and move to more complex.
For example, the first thing I decided to learn was to shffl into shine consistently. I started out just short hopping, then SH-fastfalling, and then adding the "A" button, then R, and so on.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
I broke my R button today while practicing Wave shinning. :D

The Barren

Smash Rookie
Dude, why don't you grow up and ask a real question?
Fox is so ******** that you don't want to learn him anyways!

The Barren

Smash Rookie
Could someone please make me a guide to Fox?

Could someone please make me a guide to Fox?
I want to play as him, but I don't want to have to experiment with all of the controls.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
there are already 4 stickied guide threads at the top of the forum to help you with everything from how to do techniques, as well as matchups.

if you have a specific problem that isn't adressed in one of those 4 threads, ask it in the Fox Advice Topic (also stickied)

Top Bottom