• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do I Get Online With Brawl?

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Okay, everywhere I look for information on how to Brawl online, I get all this confusing stuff, one site telling me to do one thing, the other site telling me to do something else, a bunch of random computer-y words and numbers, making up a bunch of complete gibberish, the Brawl instruction book telling me it's free, other websites telling me it costs money and a credit card number, an address, and all this other crap that's just confusing...

FOR ****'S SAKE, ALL I WANT TO DO IS HAVE FUN!!!

I mean, I knew this was gonna happen as soon as I heard I could Brawl online, everybody here was exploding with joy, while all I could think was, "Oh no, this is going to take loads and loads of extra equipment, reading a highly advanced instruction book on how to plug in the Wii to the computer, plugging in the Wii to the computer, everything I do having to cost money, downloading loads and loads of crap, ETC ETC." I'm not a rocket scientist! Now everybody here is having so much fun, while I'm just bored out of my mind. Mind you, I'VE NEVER PLAYED A COMPETITIVE PERSON IN MY LIFE. All my life, I've just played Smash with my Mom, my friends, and computers. My Mom doesn't play with me ever anymore, and my friends don't see me very often anymore, and that's all topped by they just suck at Smash. Now I can only play computers.

Isn't that just sad? Sorry, this should have been a question instead of rant, but I'm just so pissed right now. I don't mean to seem rude, though. I'm just frustrated.

Could somebody please tell me what I have to do to Brawl online? Does it seriously take loads and loads of extra equipment, reading a highly advanced instruction book on how to plug in the Wii to the computer, plugging in the Wii to the computer, everything I do having to cost money, downloading loads and loads of stuff, ETC ETC?

Orrax

Smash Rookie
Does it seriously take loads and loads of extra equipment, reading a highly advanced instruction book on how to plug in the Wii to the computer, plugging in the Wii to the computer, everything I do having to cost money, downloading loads and loads of stuff, ETC ETC?
No. Especially the whole "plug the Wii into the computer" thing. You might need to plug the Wii into your modem or router if you don't have wireless, though, which does require an adapter that you'll need to buy, which is about 25 bucks.

Here's a step-by-step guide from Nintendo's website: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/connectingOnline.jsp

When I did mine, I think I just went to my Wii settings and found the tab "internet," then went from there (it'll change a little depending on whether you have wireless or not). Once you have your Wii connected to the internet, Brawl will just use that connection automatically.

If you need more info, here's a link to Nintendo's website that should have any other info you might need: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp.

Top Bottom