• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I play against Peach

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I got ***** (1 stocked) the first time I played one because I've never played this matchup before.

What do I do when she's FCing right above my lasers? What are some general things to do? Been studying those PP vs Armada matches

ty

Rush

Smash Apprentice
I got ***** (1 stocked) the first time I played one because I've never played this matchup before.

What do I do when she's FCing right above my lasers? What are some general things to do? Been studying those PP vs Armada matches

ty
Dude just play Marth, I'm not even kidding. Play Marth and you will win.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
dude that's like running away from my fears lol, it's gunna catch up to me

why didn't you play Marth against him
Because I only realized it a bit after LOLOL. Anyways I get what you mean I guess, my Sheik probably still does better overall just cause it's Sheik, even though I've put no additional effort into it compared to my Fox.

D

Deleted member

you shoot her a lot. when she can't do anything, do bad things to her.

Apply a generous amount of Gay Bird Feet ™

Don't get dash attacked. Ban FD.

If you think she will WD back into shield, shoot her instead of doing whatever you were going to do.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
fullhop dair?
retreating dair?

to keep her grounded

then shine

bread and butter of your combo?

Don't let her fair your shield

she has +4 frame advantage

she can jab,grab or downsmash after fair

always di downsmash up + away

EDIT: Not sure if any of the info is correct

S l o X

Smash Champion
dair dair dair dair lasers lasers lasers dair

bair her floats bair bair bair laser laser

dair

it's so easy its dumb. if you want, just play safe. careful of her dash attack.

Squirt

Smash Apprentice
Laser spacing my friend. Laser her to the ground. And agro the rest. Shine -> jump -> dair -> FF -> uptilt works well. I'd also recommend a lot of shine,turnaround,bairs, if you know what I mean. Most times I just switch to fox though, since peach is a floaty fox's upsmash and upair work wonders.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Try short hop lasers without fast falling to chip off her float. Use utilts>bair,upair or shine>up b depending on the situation. Nair>Dair at mid percents for the kill.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
(writhing his hands with a grin on his face)
only 4 frame advantage if you land the fc fair low on the shield for your info Kapututan
i think it needs to hit with the largest hitbox so before the move ends also watch out for dair shield stab to fc nair
I observed david using alot of the foremetioned, hope that helps a bit.
@rush marth is a very hard matchup for peach but ruhtraeel does not have the practice or confidence with marth from what i have seen to better his odds of winning
shots fired
also dont go for combos, just try clean bair and dair trades with laser pressure(she only floats 3 secs)

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Pfff he can win with Marth ezpz son. He just doesn't want to cop out.

My advice: Have you considered the dair? I think it's underrated. Like shine-dair, dair at low percents, dair at any percents, dair edgeguard, dair recovery, dair shield pressure, dair techchase, dair-to-anything, anything-to-dair, dairy queen, approaching dair, retreating dair, dair to be different, dair to play marth. Other than that, I'd say you need to dair more.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My advice: Have you considered the dair? I think it's underrated. Like shine-dair, dair at low percents, dair at any percents, dair edgeguard, dair recovery, dair shield pressure, dair techchase, dair-to-anything, anything-to-dair, dairy queen, approaching dair, retreating dair, dair to be different, dair to play marth. Other than that, I'd say you need to dair more.
I like this post.

Mr. Happy :)

Smash Cadet
You run away, shoot a laser while she is grounded then keep running away, and time her out for being a gay character. Success

D

Deleted member

You should play more, you'd have a godly macro game lmao.

I like this post.
I did too except peach can WD back and do gay things to dairs sometimes unless you fade and don't commit to it which is weird if you actually want to hit with it.

maybe we should do fade dair on her shield so she can't punish it whether she does WD back or not. Then, if we bait something with fade dair, we can punish it with a dair.

my genius is hard at work.

/Jwnz\

Smash Cadet
Dair -> shine sheild pressure... dair ***** peach

Down throw tech chase...

laser grab...

If a peach is sitting on a platform, don't approach; or, at least, not until after they down smash...

Bair, Bair, Bair, Bair, Bair... etc

This is what works for me... ( most of it is common sense... )

aberz™

Smash Cadet
Laser, Laser, Laser, DAir's, FSmash = Win
Feel free to throw in some Down Tilts if you can manage not getting caught by her down smash.

SneakyDave

Smash Cadet
Hey, things I find helpful in this matchup...

on Yoshi Story: shine off top is pretty good and pretty ez on YS

I find that lazer,lazer>grab works well

i think overall u need to b patient and find openings because for me, trading hits leaves me in a worse position

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
full hop lasers works, don't get close to her with weak stuff when she is under 50% if you do, most of the time you'll get nair out of shield lol

Top Bottom