• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I scramble those eggs!?

Jewbacabra

Smash Cadet
I main bowser/donkey kong. Essentially, i main the oversized part of the brawl cast.
My friend, who is honestly a great yoshi player, is amazing with his usage of the eggs and I have ALOT of trouble dealing with them. Is there some sort of specific weakness that i could exploit?

IceAge

Smash Cadet
I love the title, very creative...

Anyways, with the larger characters with no projectiles it is very hard to get past eggs. If I would suggest anything, I'd say proper timing of rolling and spot dodging. Avoid the air when approaching Yoshi, his upsmash + upair are both excellent attacks. With bowser, a well timed fortress may get through Yoshi's Eggs. Dk's downsmash is a lot quicker then any of Yoshi's non-jab attacks. Roll into downsmash may work.

Roll into Dk's down-b would be interesting, if you properly sspace, it eats through shields too, making it that much more effective. If you're feeling lucky, use the Super Armor frames of DK's punch to take the egg but hit the Yoshi.

'prolly wasn't much help, good luck w/ your friend.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
DK and bowser should be able to tilt the eggs away, but I'm not sure if it'll work on the eggs like it does on other projectiles.

D

Deleted member

For bowser, ive played a very good one that got through my egg spam with sh airdodge to buffered jabs or up b, which was very annoying and very dangerous. DK is easy, just walk up to him and shield eggs, then just tilt him to death.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
My brother mains Bowser and is now trying to main Ice Climbers I always bomb him with eggs pretty much the whole match usually he shields them or air dodges at me for an attack but there is many ways to get by.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, just don't try beating them out with other attacks. I think eggs have high priority or something. But yeah, shielding is the easiest way since they'll just bounce right off, and bowser's fortress seems to work sometimes from what I've seen.

Defender

Smash Rookie
When I play Wario Nut, (who uses Wario, obviously) he tends to spot dodge-dash-spot dodge-dash until he is fairly close to me but still out of my melee range. I then face a slight problem because, if I throw an egg, he can dash attack me and I can't defend myself because of the lag at the end of the egg throw. If, however, I don't throw an egg, I have to try to approach him, stay put, or run, so he has ended my egg chucking for the time being. This would probably work even better with something like Bowser's fortress move instead of a dash attack.

Now I understand that Wario isn't the biggest heavy character out there, and this tactic may only work because I am making a mistake, but it tends to work well when he uses it. Also, I think that an egg throw slide might be able to save me and still put pressure on the enemy, but I haven't taken the time to learn it yet.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Top Bottom