• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How Do Replays Work?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
How many can you save?

Can you name them?

Can you move them onto an SD card and transfer them to a computer?

How long can replays be?

Those with the game let me know!

Last edited:
Replays are basically just the game recreating the battle. They are not videos. That's why you can pause, use the camera functions, etc. It's also why they don't take up too much space. Now we just need to know if there will be some kind of way to convert replays into videos. This is a feature that will probably be exclusive to the Wii U if implemented.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
as long as I can transfer them from one 3DS to another to see replays of every match at a tournament for data, I'll be happy

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So the big remaining question is if these can be turned into videos in some way and either transferred to a computer or uploaded directly onto youtube or some video site in some way? I'd certainly like to know that myself.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Replays are basically just the game recreating the battle. They are not videos. That's why you can pause, use the camera functions, etc. It's also why they don't take up too much space. Now we just need to know if there will be some kind of way to convert replays into videos. This is a feature that will probably be exclusive to the Wii U if implemented.
That's very disappointing, considering that Brawl's replay data can get messed up at any time.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
From Neogaf:

This is more than enough!
Nice that is soooooooo much better than 2 minutes! Fingers crossed that I can actually transfer vids to the computer to upload some gameplay by converting them into actual videos.

Top Bottom