• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you BEAT PIT!?!?!

Fire52388

Smash Cadet
Sadly, very sadly my friend, you will have to give up projectile camping when playing pits. I know, it makes me cry inside too. I would try and get close, get him off the stage and edgeguard him by gimping his recovery. If you hit him during his up-b he's helpless.

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
Pit is a very tough match up. I also have trouble against them, this kid from my state completely wrecked me with Pit. He then proceeded to destroy my Luigi with his DK. To be honest I don't even know what to tell you to do versus a Pit. :/

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Here's what you do to beat Pit.

First thing's first, play as him for a little while. Go to training mode and fight some 9's for awhile, you'll start to learn his tendencies regardless of whether you're good or bad as him.

Then, the key to beating him is when you start, you're most likely going to be fired at so be ready to dodge right then, toward him. After that your best bet would be to jump and go over to him. TL has the power to take the fight to pit in close range and doesn't need to worry about being overpowered, you won't be. If you need to fake him out with some of your aerials, then go for him on the ground and throw aerials in. Repeat the process, but stay close ranged vs. Pit.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Pit is indeed a tough match-up. Those arrows kill. Speaking from theory here, but I'd try and approach using boomerangs and bombs, anything that will stun. Otherwise he'll just take you in close combat.... Also dodge a lot.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Edge guarding Pit can sometimes be a cakewalk and sometimes you won't get so lucky. You can use projectiles on Pit but it sure won't be as effective compared to most of his other matchups. I know that on levels like battlefield you can try to just keep him on a platform above you or somewhere in the air right above you but on some of the flatter stages IDK what a good strategy would be.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Yeah, on flat stages the only real chance you have is in being unpredictable and possibly even stupid.

What I mean by that is, get close to him and try to think where he's going to go, make a guess, and do a quick smash that way. Your best two bets would be your down and up smash. If you can get him with either one of those combo with aerials and you should be golden getting him up to at least 100% if you can keep it up.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Keep Pit locked in a dead zone. Not too far away, not melee range.

Pit's priority seems to overwhelm TLink's in most scenarios. Spam boomerangs and bombs from awkward angles and drop in with well-place aerials. It's all about setting him up with your projectiles first so you can get in clutch FAirs.

There was a guy locally who beat me over WiFi with Pit a couple of times, but when I met him live I beat him consistently doing what I just described.

Kairace

Smash Rookie
Keep Pit locked in a dead zone. Not too far away, not melee range.

Pit's priority seems to overwhelm TLink's in most scenarios. Spam boomerangs and bombs from awkward angles and drop in with well-place aerials. It's all about setting him up with your projectiles first so you can get in clutch FAirs.

There was a guy locally who beat me over WiFi with Pit a couple of times, but when I met him live I beat him consistently doing what I just described.
But see you can't use projectiles because he'll just spam Palu Arrows

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
But see you can't use projectiles because he'll just spam Palu Arrows
The arrows aren't a problem if you can get in close. Short hops take you over them, and at close range he can't guide them into you. Agreeing With Scarlet about staying close. His arrows,if they hit, won't stun for nearly as long as your bombs or boomerangs will, and you have a longer grab. Just get him in the air and you can out-aerial him.

Also, if you get him off the edge and he tries his Up B, just hit him. It cancels the recovery and makes him unable to use it until he touches ground again.

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Against Pit, have an MMA mindset. Come in close, and keep the fight that way. If Pit manages to get away, spam your projectiles (don't worry about the shield or side b,) and when you get close, short hop the arrows and hit him with some aerials. I normally don't go with the RAR combo against Pit, seeing as he's so floaty, so here's my approach (when already close):

Fake out a dash attack (shield canceled running A,) jump into a nair, throw diagonal boomerang

Then it'll have to conform to the situation. Good luck.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i used to main pit and now im toon link. for a reason most of the posts already told u keep close at him and bomb when far

Top Bottom