• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you cancel shuttle loop lag?

Veng

Smash Ace
I notice how Dojo and M2k cancel it almost everytime and this is a huge part of why they get smashes on me.

I looked through "meta knight, behind the mask" but it only had some good combo ideas, not really AT's.

Also if anyone is willing, to get on and help me out with my game in game my aim is msandrsoxrule and my msn is forever-sk@hotmail.com

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
If you use a glide attack right before you hit the ground, it cancels the lag. The idea is that if you in any part of the glide attack animation when you hit the ground, it cancels the lag. You can substitute the glide attack by pressing B to just simply fall onto the ground with the same timing. Pressing B instead of A also kills your momentum, which can be useful in some situations, but momentum might be is useful in others, so it's helpful to know both ways.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
pressing A is better because its an attack and it also cancels out the lag. neutral B leave you vulnerable for a few moments
Not necessarily. While you do have a valid point, pressing B instead of A when you're gliding near the edge can sometimes mean the difference between SD'ing and not SD'ing. Also, like I said, if you don't want the momentum that you have in your glide atm (for spacing purposes, SD-avoidage purposes, etc), then B is a better option. While, usually, it is safer to go for the glide attack, you shouldn't just automatically press A every time; B has its uses, too.

By the way, Veng, if you don't want to attack, but you still want to keep your momentum (for whatever reason), you can press A, like, 1 frame (or as close as you can get to 1 frame) before you hit the ground. This will make you hit the ground before the glide attack comes out, thereby making it so you don't actually glide attack, and it will still cancel the lag because you are, technically, in some part in the glide attack animation. This isn't as easy to do as it sounds, though, since MK's glide attack comes out fast...not that I'm saying that it's, necessarily, a hard thing to do, but it is a tad frame specific. Just wanted to throw that out there ;)

Veng

Smash Ace
Rh1thmz wanna possibly play me and teach me some stuff later?

Or now if you can that would be soooo great. Because im trying to improve but... you know.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'm not really that great, but I guess I could play you...I probably wouldn't win, considering I have no experience in the MK-Pikachu matchup. lol

But I could play you. Add me, and I'll add you tomorrow. I can't play tonight because I'm just too busy with other crap like hw >.>

But yeah, if you have anything else you wanna say regarding this subject, send me a PM...this isn't exactly discussion meant for threads on the forums =p

EDIT (in response to post #8): Check your PM box; I sent you a PM. We can continue our conversation there =)

l3lue2ain

Smash Journeyman
this is great :p once you get this it will improve your game :). Its weird people don't talk about it more.

Top Bottom