• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you fight Ike?

comboking

Smash Master
What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

Do you have an advantage against ike?

What advantage does ike have against you?

This is being used for a matchup guide so please be honest

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
His insane power. He is one of the only characters who is stronger than Ganon. A good Ike will capitalize on mistakes and make someone dearly, dearly pay for it.
Fair over the edge of the map. As I try to get back on the map, I seem to always meet a Fair mid-way that knocks me off the stage.
Some people may say this matchup rules in the favor of Ganondorf. I say they're wrong. It's Ganondorf for God's sake.
As said before, power, and in most cases, priority.

Hope this helps...

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
-What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

-What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

-Do you have an advantage against ike?

-What advantage does ike have against you?

Answers

-Ike's powerful side-smash and up-smash which arcs both front and back. His super-armor while performing up-b recovery move.

-Ike players are able to intimidate you with their one-shot, one-kill possibility. Professional Ike players understands the power of intimidation and takes advantage of most situations by using that knowledge.

-Advantages against Ikes are plentiful. His after-lag after some moves allow Ganondorf to quickly retaliate with a quick jab attack, tilt attack, and lag-cancelled d-air. Also, both of his recovery moves are only useful when he is in a certain part of the side of the stage, which allows Ganondorf to take advantage and reverse u-air against him before using his recovery moves.

-Advantages against Ganondorfs are quick-jab attacks and generally stronger attacks and counter-attacks. Also Ike has a good range, enough to keep Ganondorf away.

Hopefully this helps you.

Red Cream

Smash Rookie
I found this morning that Ike's power moves leave him open for counter-attack- if they miss. A skilled Ganondorf who can stay just out of range will have many opportunities to capitalize on this vulnerability.

...I just found that out this morning, playing CPU Ike (lvl 9).

"If my opponent does not move, I do not move.; if my opponent moves, I move first."

comboking

Smash Master
I have to admit that was nice.

how did you come up with that one

also thanks keep the info coming

CookieCrisp

Smash Rookie
-What are some things that trouble you while battling Ike?

-What are some ways Ike players can gimp you?

-Do you have an advantage against ike?

-What advantage does ike have against you?

1. His B Over after dodging leaves no lag, easy for him to combo you into his A A A jab
2. Up B is a decent ledgegaurder (at least against me)
3. better combo potential and slightly faster, with better aerials.
4. Ike's smashes have range as well as lag before and after that make it sometimes difficult to spot dodge correctly, leading to unneeded hits.

My favorite thing to do as gannon vs ike is to ledgegaurde the ^ B as ike tries to recover. If you nail it just right you will not be propelled downwards but will hit ike right as he goes to the highest point in the recovery. difficult but well worth the risk :lick:

Platformations

Smash Cadet
Ganon and Ike have similar play styles in my opinion... Ike is just more offensive.

When I fight an Ike I know they're are just waiting for me to slip up. And I'm waiting for him to slip up.

I hate the match up, I usually get impatiant and the Ike punishes me :p

1. His B over. Like previously said it can come out of a dodge with no lag. Also, it works as a suprise attack uncharged.
2. Like Ganon, Ike has that intimidation, that KO power, about him. I take things overly cautious and miss KO oppritunities etc...
3. Luckily for us Ganons, we can combo Ikes.
4. Ike has a huge detatch. That's his biggest advantage. Not to mention his neutral A combo.

I just hate fighting Ikes. Almost more than Marths.

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Ftilt is a HUGE advantage over Ike.

Not to mention Ike's easily Gimpable SideB recovery.

Although Ike has range, and that counter sucks if they're good with it. Counter's especially useful against Ganny because he's so strong that whatever attack is countered is going to deal MASSIVE damage.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Ike's ability to keep Ganon away with his range while covering his *** with jabs is annoying. I still occasionally try to capitalize on the lag of Ike's F-Air only to be hit with a jab combo as I approach.

I sometimes get gimped out of stupidity. The windup lag on Ike's stronger moves sometimes make it easy to slip up and dodge too soon. It's also pretty easy for Ike to spike a Ganon that hasn't learned to sweetspot with his >+B. The fact that Ganon's up+B doesn't always sweetspot the edge(Not sure if anyone else has this problem) can sometimes cause issues.

Hells yes. Once Ganon closes the gap between himself and Ike, things go drastically in Ganon's favor(IMO). Just getting in range for a D-Tilt(which has range just slightly shorter than Ike's sword) puts Ike in the air where Ganon is completely capable of wrecking him from below. An F-Tilt at the right percentage forces Ike to use his Up+B to recover( where Ganon could space a F-Smash or another F-Tilt to end the stock) or just kills him outright. The fact that the Murder Choke, one of Ganon's primary methods of closing space, guarantees a hit with one of those tilts spells out disaster for Ike. I've only played one Ike player, so I'm not sure what method of recovery is most popular, but if he tries to Quick Draw onto the stage(Not sweetspotting) then a Down+B will KILL him regardless of percentage(I'm pretty sure of this) since it cancels the hit and then sends him almost horizontally backwards.

Range. It's that simple, but it's also that important. With Ganon being the slow mover that he is, most methods of quickly closing the gap require a bit of a commitment, and Ike has no problem punishing failed attempts. The acceptable level for human error is also higher for Ike because of his range. Camping with fairs and jabbing Ganon's approach is enough to wreck inexperienced Ganons and can still catch others. Personally, I believe this matchup to be fairly even between experienced players, but even then Ike will have the more "comfortable" time.

Blad01

Smash Lord
We don't fight Ike, Ike fight us.

Mouhaha, we are CHuck Ganons 8D

No serisouly, it's the second thread like that....

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
with my fists lol

Usually I stay away from him enough to make him start wasting his Ftilt with mindgames, and learn exactly when he tries to Counter so I can prep up a Choke combo or a Stomp. Learning the opponent is crucial with Ike, so play some keepaway until you can figure out how they roll. Ike is a Ganondorf with a long disjointed hitbox; remember that fact and stay the **** away from him. Flame Choke beats Counter, but sword beats FC.

I Like Link

Smash Rookie
Ike is never a problem for me, I feel safe with Ganon.

Is Ganondorf the one who tried to attack his own father offguard with a wooden stick?

Sliq

Smash Master
Tipman spike and Murder Choke to sparta kick = GG NO RE

Top Bottom