• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you guys get past spamming in doubles?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I fing hate it when theres a toon link just spamming everything he possibly has, or lucario just sitting there mashing the b button, or metaknight spamming the whorenado. It alot harder to get around in doubles because there's less room to maneuver, and everytime I face spammers in doubles my team always loses...

Crow!

Smash Lord
There is an easy and straightforward solution to this problem:

Turn on Team Attack.

Any doubles tournament should have team attack on anyway, and this is just one of the reasons why.

If by some chance you were having trouble with team attack still on, first learn how to deal with spammers in 1v1s. Shield, reflect, dodge, or jump as you approach. If using a reflector, go in front of your ally, of course. If spot dodging and shielding, it shouldn't matter how many players are involved defensively. Once you get it down pat, no amount of spamming should faze you unless you aren't expecting it. (In which case it's not spamming, it's a legitimate long range attack.)

With team attack on, precious few pairs of good spamming options can be used in tandem, so that you only have to defend against one player's spam. And the other opponent's attempts to interrupt your approach are limited by his teammate's spamming, too.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
When i'm toon link in doubles. IF the team attack is off, ill spam arrows. Nothing wrong with that, draws them in to me, and gets one of them away from my team mate. If team attacks on though, ill be more careful.

ADHD

Smash Hero
There is an easy and straightforward solution to this problem:

Turn on Team Attack.

Any doubles tournament should have team attack on anyway, and this is just one of the reasons why.

If by some chance you were having trouble with team attack still on, first learn how to deal with spammers in 1v1s. Shield, reflect, dodge, or jump as you approach. If using a reflector, go in front of your ally, of course. If spot dodging and shielding, it shouldn't matter how many players are involved defensively. Once you get it down pat, no amount of spamming should faze you unless you aren't expecting it. (In which case it's not spamming, it's a legitimate long range attack.)

With team attack on, precious few pairs of good spamming options can be used in tandem, so that you only have to defend against one player's spam. And the other opponent's attempts to interrupt your approach are limited by his teammate's spamming, too.
Team attack is on

mutalisk332

Smash Rookie
Using the same move over and over just because it works. Demonstrates no skill whatsoever.
Skill shmill. If it works, do it.

To take the edge off of spammers (in a match) try to find a good stage to counterpick. Somewhere with relatively close quarters might work, or else a stage with uneven ground (say, pokemon stadium or yoshi's island) that make projectiles less effective. Cornaria perhaps? And, of course, avoid places like FD and smashville like a your girlfriend's period.

deadsilence325/Narx

Smash Rookie
Using moves that reflect projectiles against spammers can help on the approach. Then there is the evil that is G&W's bucket. But personally, I like petre's course of action. xD

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If team attack is off, I, as Pit use my Mirror Shield and Angel Ring to reflect projectiles, while certain teammates (like a Lucario) uses his projectile. A Bowser could jump right above me and Bowser Bomb if I use Angel Ring.
If team attack is on, you really shouldnt be spamming at all for you could hurt your teammate, and might even cost him a life.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I fing hate it when theres a toon link just spamming everything he possibly has, or lucario just sitting there mashing the b button, or metaknight spamming the whorenado.
Then you certainly won't like playing against my friends.

Top Bottom