• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do YOU Inhale?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I realize what the title sounds like, but I'm sorry guys, this isn't a pot smoking thread. *watches the crowd disperse*

Anyway, I was wondering, when you guys face opponents with good B moves, like ROB, Samus, DK, Lucario, etc. who know you're going to try to steal them, how do you guys go about inhaling them?
I usually manage at some point, but fail against characters who expect to have their powers stolen a lot more than I feel I should, and thus I'm looking for safer ways to use this glorious moves.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I usually manage at some point, but fail against characters who expect to have their powers stolen a lot more than I feel I should, and thus I'm looking for safer ways to use this glorious moves.
Yeah, it seems like the harder you try to Inhale, the more needless damage you take >_>

I think the best thing to do is look for an opening, and don't try it until you see it. I usually short hop when I Inhale. I also frequently do B-reversal so they don't expect it in that direction as much.

A lot has to do with predicting...like if you think they'll rolldodge, Inhale right before you think they will. If you predict wrong, you'll get punished.

Also, if they tend to stand still and powershield your aerial approaches, you can approach with Inhale then since you can't block it.

Or can you? Sometimes it seems like it @_@

Jimtopia

Smash Apprentice
I always make sure that they have no idea that I want to inhale them, so I save it for the perfect opening, even then it can sometimes fail, but usually it works. It's a great way to take someone off guard too.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That's good advice, but see, against say, ROB, I feel this matchup is infinitely more difficult without his laser, and I'm kind of hoping someone can give me the miracle "Haha I gots your power lulz!" method.

I think the best thing to do is look for an opening, and don't try it until you see it. I usually short hop when I Inhale. I also frequently do B-reversal so they don't expect it in that direction as much.
Yeah, I started working on that earlier today. That and dash canceled reverse inhale. Hoping that could help, though it's still a long way from safe.

Funny thing is against characters like Yoshi, Ike, Ganon, etc. who's powers I don't really need or necessarily want, I can land the inhale easily, yet against characters I do (again, namely ROB) I have trouble.

Also, I'm pretty sure Inhale can't be shielded, though it can be countered, as weird as that is... Doesn't really make sense since counter is supposed to deal damage based on the attack you use against it and the windbox has no attack power.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Inhale can be shielded. It's been done to me. It makes the power shield sound and the opponent doesn't move, but then they start to move a bit after that, but they can roll away.

shock505

Smash Cadet
I swallow XD lol jk
i try to catch my opponents off guard by leting them come to me, throw out a few attacks then once there comfortable i use inhale. Or when im about to get edge guarded i use inhale then kirbycide(its so much fun)

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
I reverse B-momentum mine so it puts some space between me and my opponent while still keeping them in range to inhale. Plus it increases the amount of time inhale works for so if they are using a very fast attack i get a better shot of inhaling them. plus it is a little bit of a mindgame cuz u can reverse b momentum to the other side of them and inhale. They rarely expect it and they are so close they always get sucked up

shock505

Smash Cadet
oh also when i play wifi i have a taunt that says get in mah belly, and it mindgamez them so hard they run into inhale.<_<

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
First I size them up. Then I stuff them in a mouth. It's usually a tight fit, but it's do-able. Sometimes, depending on the person, I'll swallow.

Lol.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
i press the B button
What if you broke your B button? HOW WILL I EATZ!?

Lol @ Kawaii: Hmmm... what about Bowser? I heard he's really tasty, but I just can't fit him into my mouth... he's just so big! :laugh:

haha Shock: I need to start playing online just to try that. Now... someone lend me their internet!

Thanks guys for the input though. It's pretty mch all I try to do, but I guess I have to try harder not to suck when using it...

Oh god the suggestive content!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You can't say anything on the Kirby boards without it sounding perverted. We're second only to the Lucarios.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
First I size them up. Then I stuff them in a mouth. It's usually a tight fit, but it's do-able. Sometimes, depending on the person, I'll swallow.

Lol.
lol. I had to read that a second time to understand it.
I do B-reversal inhale, or use grounded stone, which would usually get them to run up and approach, and I get out of stone and inhale for the mindgames.

Equus

Smash Cadet
Perverted? Off-topic in a few posts? This thread should be moved to the Lucario boards! XD

Anyway, the only time I use inhale to steal their power is when they're being overly aggressive and not paying attention to what I'm actually doing.
All my other uses for inhale don't involve stealing their power. I'm not exactly a swallower move stealer

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I reverse B-momentum mine so it puts some space between me and my opponent while still keeping them in range to inhale. Plus it increases the amount of time inhale works for so if they are using a very fast attack i get a better shot of inhaling them. plus it is a little bit of a mindgame cuz u can reverse b momentum to the other side of them and inhale. They rarely expect it and they are so close they always get sucked up
That sounds really awesome. Thanks (sounds sort-of sarcastic, but isn't).

That's good advice, but see, against say, ROB, I feel this matchup is infinitely more difficult without his laser, and I'm kind of hoping someone can give me the miracle "Haha I gots your power lulz!" method.
I think I know the "Haha I gots your power lulz!" method down.

Forgive me if this has been addressed (I'm too lazy to find out).

You don't show that you want the power at all. Do a few aerial attacks here and there, play your normal game. When they expect you'll attack them, inhale. Another (courtesy of one of t!mmy's guides) is that since you normally use aerials or hammers when you hop towards them, use inhale to catch them off guard. One that just popped into my head is this:

One of my comboes is fthrow-hammer/fair (at low %). Maybe you could use inhale after the fthrow? Let me know if that helps.

Edit: Reading over my post, an awesome combo came to mind:

fthrow to inhale (they are over the edge).

I can imagine that would be really awesome. It would also make the Kirbycide much easier to pull off. But my Wii priveledges have been revoked, so can someone test that for me?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I use Inhale when they're rolling towards me or when I'm falling down to the floor or as a Kirbycide lol

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That sounds really awesome. Thanks (sounds sort-of sarcastic, but isn't).

I think I know the "Haha I gots your power lulz!" method down.

Forgive me if this has been addressed (I'm too lazy to find out).

You don't show that you want the power at all. Do a few aerial attacks here and there, play your normal game. When they expect you'll attack them, inhale. Another (courtesy of one of t!mmy's guides) is that since you normally use aerials or hammers when you hop towards them, use inhale to catch them off guard. One that just popped into my head is this:

One of my comboes is fthrow-hammer/fair (at low %). Maybe you could use inhale after the fthrow? Let me know if that helps.

Edit: Reading over my post, an awesome combo came to mind:

fthrow to inhale (they are over the edge).

I can imagine that would be really awesome. It would also make the Kirbycide much easier to pull off. But my Wii priveledges have been revoked, so can someone test that for me?
Fthrow->Hammer can be avoided unfortunately, and inhale is the same way due to it's slow start-up speed. I really wish it worked though... really...
Still, inhaling out of a throw can work, though not right out of it. It's mainly for if/when they try to DI back to hit you I would think.

As for your first method, I realize what you're saying, and I agree, but, depending on the oppoonent's playstyle, this can take forever. It took me until my third stock to get ROB's power in my last match vs Scribble, especially since he has a great ledge-camping game that makes stealing his power even more complicated (and necessary!).

A1lion835

Smash Champion
I see it sort of work out of an up-throw, but not really. Hm. I'll just post a few possibles:

D-throw-up tilt(maybe should be taken out)-inhale (heavies)

If you usually do the gonzo combo (which you should), try to put an inhale somewhere in it.

d-tilt(trip)-inhale(doesn't sound likely)

roll behind them-inhale(same as one before)

Dair/Nair-Inhale

I'm not saying any of these are guaranteed to work. 1 or 2 might, they might not, whatever. Just thoughts.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I see it sort of work out of an up-throw, but not really. Hm. I'll just post a few possibles:

D-throw-up tilt(maybe should be taken out)-inhale (heavies)

If you usually do the gonzo combo (which you should), try to put an inhale somewhere in it.

d-tilt(trip)-inhale(doesn't sound likely)

roll behind them-inhale(same as one before)

Dair/Nair-Inhale

I'm not saying any of these are guaranteed to work. 1 or 2 might, they might not, whatever. Just thoughts.
Some pretty good ideas. I'll have to try Nair>inhale, though I kind of doubt that will work. Maybe Nair>jab>jab>inhale? (If they expect vulcan jab and try to DI away, giving me the time to start it maybe?

D-tilt trip usually puts them just barely in Fsmash range for me, though I tend to really only use it out of a pivot dash cancel, so that might be why.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I love to Kirbycide each time I can, when my enemy awaits safely at the ledge especially and if he has bad recovery too bad for him I won't have to suicide to kill him lol

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Some pretty good ideas. I'll have to try Nair>inhale, though I kind of doubt that will work. Maybe Nair>jab>jab>inhale? (If they expect vulcan jab and try to DI away, giving me the time to start it maybe?

D-tilt trip usually puts them just barely in Fsmash range for me, though I tend to really only use it out of a pivot dash cancel, so that might be why.
Yeah, I didn't expect the d-tilt->inhale to work, just a thought. That combo you said could work. Hm, here are a few other possibles ((?) means I think it unlikely):

utilt->inhale(?)

Dsmash->inhale(low percents)

uair->inhale(?)

bair->inhale(?)

I'm running out of good ideas :(.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I didn't expect the d-tilt->inhale to work, just a thought. That combo you said could work. Hm, here are a few other possibles ((?) means I think it unlikely):

utilt->inhale(?)

Dsmash->inhale(low percents)

uair->inhale(?)

bair->inhale(?)

I'm running out of good ideas :(.

No worries, ideas are the start ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think these can work.

Utilt will only set them down in front of you if they do amazing smash DI in the wrong direction (so basically, a computer).

Dsmash lasts too long to get it to end and start inhale before the enemy reacts. You might need something else in there to make that work, like blindfolding the opponent and unplugging their controller.

I'm not really sure how you would hit with a Uair to get to inhale, so I couldn't say.

Bair knocks them too far back.

(Don't feel discouraged, one of my first few posts on smashboards described a Ganon combo that pretty much would only work if my opponent didn't touch a button, or was a handless Hellen Keller.)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
No worries, ideas are the start ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think these can work.

Utilt will only set them down in front of you if they do amazing smash DI in the wrong direction (so basically, a computer).

Dsmash lasts too long to get it to end and start inhale before the enemy reacts. You might need something else in there to make that work, like blindfolding the opponent and unplugging their controller.

I'm not really sure how you would hit with a Uair to get to inhale, so I couldn't say.

Bair knocks them too far back.

(Don't feel discouraged, one of my first few posts on smashboards described a Ganon combo that pretty much would only work if my opponent didn't touch a button, or was a handless Hellen Keller.)
Wow. That's funny (not sarcasm).

fox219

Smash Journeyman
What if you broke your B button? HOW WILL I EATZ!?

Lol @ Kawaii: Hmmm... what about Bowser? I heard he's really tasty, but I just can't fit him into my mouth... he's just so big! :laugh:

haha Shock: I need to start playing online just to try that. Now... someone lend me their internet!

Thanks guys for the input though. It's pretty mch all I try to do, but I guess I have to try harder not to suck when using it...

Oh god the suggestive content!
You can switch the controls

Top Bottom