• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you like the Wii's trial Opera browser?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea! I'm posting this from my Wii! Am I the first? I think I might be. It's pretty smooth, but I can see some small issues like a white bar that appears on the screen if you scroll tool fast. And I wish you could zoom further in, any other ideas/issues?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, yes it is free, but it's also a beta. That means they need to know what is and isn't perfect.

Things I like so far:
Being able to zoom in.
Predicative text rules. Even picks up slang like "btw"
Accuracy of the pointer.
Relative neutrality of Opera.

Things i think need improvement or addition:
Be able to zoom further in.
Faster scrolling mechanism.
Better compatibility with things like flash. Should appear in full version.
Support for a usb keyboard.
Predicative text sometimes forces you into a word you don't want. Manually changing it is combersome.
Predicative text should have the option for learning new words.

Problems or glitches so far:
Wii froze when checking my gmail. Had to hard reset.
White bar appears on top or bottom of screen if you scroll too fast.

I would like to say that it's pretty sweet so far! But I want the final version to be as good as possible. Anyone have something else for the list? Oh btw, I did this whole thread on the Wii and didn't take long at all.

SSBMasterFox

Smash Ace
I live in a little place called Strawberry, Arkans
Some Flash movies won't work, and it occasionally resets them for no reason at all. Once, it even played half of one, and then stopped and told me I didn't have the right version of Flash installed! Sometimes it'll tell me right off the bat that I don't have the right Flash installed, so I'll click 'Install Flash whichever one it is', and then it says 'Installation Complete!' so I click play, and it still says I don't have the right one!!! Also, stuff on www.willitblend.com won't play, either.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Well the web browser is like any other, just on TV. So the resolution is a little messed up, but you can fix that. And the reason why the Flash Installation could not work is probably because it isn't compatible with the Wii.

Will it blend is for cool people. Fkin awsome.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
The biggest problem I have with it is entering passwords. If I want to log on SWF, everyone in the room can see it. :(

Faster scrolling, keyboard attatchment, sharper picture quality, and the ability to highlight to copy and paste are some of the things needed.

It's free, so I'm not going to complain much. Plus, I can slow down my friend's laptop when he plays those Maple Story games. Muhuhahaha.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmn... no i haven't actually tried a usb keyboard, but i'm pretty sure the compatibility isn't there yet. I hope nintendo doesn't try to make a proprietary keyboard, they'll force me to hack my own. ;)

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Ha! Nintendo would never be that cruel.. Would they? :( I mean with some super power scripting, a bluetooth adapter and a Wii-mote, we get a Wii-mouse.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
The only thing I'm not pleased with is the fact that the Wii browser cannot play video. I'm not having any glitches or difficulties accessing pages. It takes some time for some pages to load, but at least it is faster then my computer.

lol, posting on my Wii also :p

Btw, just found out that Opera Browser is free on your Wii for your system's lifetime if you download it before June 07. Schweet

Specialized

Smash Rookie
Um it can play video. One of the first sites i went to was Youtube and watched some movies...

Top Bottom