• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you make a link more flashy?

mach5

Smash Journeyman
what is "flashy" and whats the difference from "mind games" i see alot of people say like "oh his link got less flashy and more mind games" what does this all mean?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Being flashy is using alot of technical skill to awe your opponent or crowd. Doing alot of good shffls, wavedashes, reverse grabs, bomb jumping etc. You don't need to be flashy to win (sometimes it can backfire), but you can overwhelm your opponent if you know what you're doing. overall, I wouldn't recommend it.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
It means a flashy link will just try to make flashy things, like a crazy cool edgeguard with bombs and boomerang and arrows at the same time instead of just do a well placed foward smash.

The flashy link is cool, yes, but it doesn't mean he's better. The mindgames Link is usually better because he's not just trying to look cool, he just tries to win.

Look at my young link and ask me how much self destruct I can have in a match. I usually get 2 self destruct just because I try too much to get flashy... =| And when I get serious and stop my flashy things, I think more about mindgames and become unpredictable [/pun]

Giggidax

Smash Ace
dash dance, bomb juggle... bomb tricks basically, hookshot recovery when unnecessary (sometimes used as a mindgame tho i guess @_@)

wat i like to do is throw a bomb up and then make it explode with link/ylinks disjointed hitbox. like utilting so it explodes right above me. i figured this out one night and then found out its alrdy named something like bomb fireworks. i thought i was so cool

SLH

Smash Journeyman
lol, dash dance isn't flashy

retartedly fast dash dances are, but that's not even hard, let alone cool

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
i like to play around with the boomerang and position my opponents so they get hit when it come back just for fun....basically...im a horrible link who spams his boomerang...

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
It means a flashy link will just try to make flashy things, like a crazy cool edgeguard with bombs and boomerang and arrows at the same time instead of just do a well placed foward smash.

The flashy link is cool, yes, but it doesn't mean he's better. The mindgames Link is usually better because he's not just trying to look cool, he just tries to win.

Look at my young link and ask me how much self destruct I can have in a match. I usually get 2 self destruct just because I try too much to get flashy... =| And when I get serious and stop my flashy things, I think more about mindgames and become unpredictable [/pun]
agreed.
being flashy is just being cool
but mindgames, being able to trick or outwit your opponet is ussally much much better
the only real thing Ican think that being Flasy is good for is psyhcing out your opponet.
doing some amazingley cool combo with ease would freak me out
and we all know the best way to win is to destroy your opponests confidence in the begging
alright Destroying opponets self asstem for the win

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Really, Don't make your Link look flashy. You end up hitting a wall. Once you realize that you self destruct to much in a game (3 sds) You'll say i have to change my Link. That will be hard. So, don't make Link look cool. Make him faster. But if it's just for fun, do whatever you want to do. lol

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
If you really want to end a game with flashiness, spinhog your opponent's last stock.

Even still, like Stos said, flashy is cool, but you hit a plateau, where the only way to get better is to just simply win. Look at Aniki; not really flashy, but he gets the job done with simple moves, timing, spacing, and accuracy. Nothing flashy, just pure ownage.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
I do not recommend this, but if your opponent has just gotten smashed very far away and you are near a ledge, you can throw your boomerang, hookshot onto the ledge, and when the boomerang comes back to you, you will fly very high into the air. Confuses people who have never seen it before, and you can drop bombs from the air while you are up there. Not a very good offensive move and difficult to pull off in the heat of battle, but definitely flashy. ^_^

Giggidax

Smash Ace
more glitchy than flashy id say.

plus this only works in the first version of ssbm. not everyone can do this :(
anyway i still say to be flashy to dash dances with a bomb in ur hand. and then throw it at the end of ur dashdance. lol!

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
more glitchy than flashy id say.

plus this only works in the first version of ssbm. not everyone can do this :(
anyway i still say to be flashy to dash dances with a bomb in ur hand. and then throw it at the end of ur dashdance. lol!
Yes and since I got mine at launch I can do it. ^_^
Someitmes when you fail Link will get pounded into the ground by his hookshot. I think that would have had to have been programmed into the game for that to happen. I do not know what happens on the other versions but on the first version I think they intended the event of Link getting pounded into the ground to always happen, but something went wrong.

It's a good way to stall for time or to wait out someone who is invincible.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
ah well if u try it in any other version, the boomerang will jus disappear into u. and nothing happens it leaves u with an empty feeling :(

lol i wanna someday experience this super jump glitch

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
ah well if u try it in any other version, the boomerang will jus disappear into u. and nothing happens it leaves u with an empty feeling :(

lol i wanna someday experience this super jump glitch
LMAO I could imagine the empty feeling now. :(
I'm going to go to bed everyday now with a warm feeling because I know that I can do the super jump glitch. =P lol

Top Bottom