• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you move while thunderstorming?

crap monkey

Smash Rookie
it seems that when I tilt the control stick I end up doing a Fair or a Bair instead of Dairing to the side. Any help with the exact movements? Thanks.

:034:

Smash Hero
??

You move the control stick?

Haha, seriously though, here's a step by step guide:

1. Hold Down.
2. Roll thumb from Y/X to A.
3. Move the control stick.

Just practice it until you get it flawlessly..

Griffard

Smash Ace
what FD said, or do the same thing with the C stick and tap jump. that's what i do, because i find that i can get much more horizontal distance and i don't mess up ever

Shameadactyl

Smash Cadet
If you wanna try and make it easier for yourself, try changing your L or R to jump. The way I've been doing it the last few weeks is to tap L/R (whichever is your jump) while holding the control stick in the direction I want to jump and tapping the C-stick down. I definitely feel like I get a much more consistent range on the jump, but it still requires some practice.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
what FD said, or do the same thing with the C stick and tap jump. that's what i do, because i find that i can get much more horizontal distance and i don't mess up ever
I use both methods.

I can pull off the sliding motion jump -> dair -> DI much more successfully than a tap jump TS, but using the C-stick is the only way to get maximum horizontal distance.

So I use the first method except when I want to travel.

Hmm... this R set to jump... is strictly better than my R to special configuration, at least as far as Ganon is concerned. Allows you to do instant stomping (with R as special, it's like 1 frame longer or something).
I'll create a new controller scheme. Thanks Shameadactyl.

Shameadactyl

Smash Cadet
No problem man. The only problem with L / R as the jump is you need to get used to tapping it for a short hop. Once you get used to it though, it makes it really easy to full hop TS, which leads to mid-air TSing.

Then the only question is, how many stomps does it take to get to the end of a tournament match?

.hack

Smash Rookie
Wtf, why are people still using the hold down method. Seriously learn to use tap jump, it makes it so much easier and its much more effective. I mean come one, I learned it the first few days brawl came out so how can so many people still have trouble with it.

crap monkey

Smash Rookie
If you wanna try and make it easier for yourself, try changing your L or R to jump. The way I've been doing it the last few weeks is to tap L/R (whichever is your jump) while holding the control stick in the direction I want to jump and tapping the C-stick down. I definitely feel like I get a much more consistent range on the jump, but it still requires some practice.
Seriously, thank you for this. After getting used to tapping to short hop, this made thunderstorming so much easier. I can move all around the stage without accidentally performing a Bair or Fair and I found that I had better reaction times when I land. I was dominating my friends yesterday with it.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hmm... this R set to jump... is strictly better than my R to special configuration, at least as far as Ganon is concerned. Allows you to do instant stomping (with R as special, it's like 1 frame longer or something).
I'll create a new controller scheme. Thanks Shameadactyl.
Oh wait now I remember. I have like 50% success short hopping with R. It's really hard to tap a trigger with my screwy finger.

Wtf, why are people still using the hold down method. Seriously learn to use tap jump, it makes it so much easier and its much more effective. I mean come one, I learned it the first few days brawl came out so how can so many people still have trouble with it.
Because not everyone has the same kinetic intelligence? :ohwell:

Top Bottom