• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you punish Donkey Kong's ground Up-B?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I cant seem to to punish this one guy who wrecked me with Donkey Kong, I played Little mac and WFT and I just could not for the life of roll past its wide hit box or shield it....i mean I COULD shield it but every time I tried to punish he hit me first out of it. then that jackass trolled me by suddenly switching to my own main after like 10 matches of nothing but dk.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Make sure you know what side of your shield he will end up on and punish with almost anything. Let me guess this was for glory? Most likely was just bad timing+online lag. Not gonna lie this sounds like a typical for glory Lil Mac.

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
I am a DK main. His up b might be kind of difficult to punish with little Mac because of his lack of aerial options. DK can be hit near his head out of this attack from the air and if you shield through the entire move you can grab.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
As Little Mac, shield it(if you shield all the hits you should hear 7 shield hits) then just Dsmash if you don't know what side he'll end up on

TastyCarcass

Smash Apprentice
DK Main here. Little macs have gotten through it head on with a side b.
Also DK strikes a pose when it's over. Kill him then.

Lunaticker

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lunaticker
3DS FC
4184-3137-6259
Short of just not being there to take the hit, the safest way to deal with his grounded up b is to shield through it. It has enough end lag that you can follow up with a lot of things at the end of it.

If you can manage to shield through it, a fairly powerful punish as Mac 'n Cheese would be down smash, since that sweeps the ground, so it doesn't matter what side he ends up on. A safer and more consistent option might be to go for the grab, but just pay attention to what side DK ends up on once you've shielded through his attack

Top Bottom