• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you safely exert pressure in neutral as fox?

Tylt

Smash Rookie
hey guys. So in neutral I've been too reliant on dash dancing/platform camping cause I thought that was the optimal way to do stuff (which I now know is stupid because after looking at some vods dash dancing is not actually used nearly as much as I thought it was)

I was given advice that to get rid of the mindset of "only dash dancing and nothing else is safe" that I should be going balls to the wall aggro, just throwing out moves, and exerting pressure, even if it's not safe, just to learn the limits of fox' aggressive limits. After that I can bring back dash dancing because then my opponent will know that I'm a threat.

So 1. Is this good advice? Should I be going balls to the wall aggro to get rid of that mindset and learn fox's aggressive limits?

And 2. How do you exert safe pressure in neutral?

Piefrenzy

Smash Cadet
SH double laser will create some pressure for your opponent to move towards you. Lasers in general tbh

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Double laser gives away stage control and some characters can punish with dash attack like Marth or Sheik. So it's only safe vs slow characters or against quick characters at the other side of the stage.

I'd recommend to mix your movement with dash dance, wavedash, waveland, pivots, shield drops, shieldstops, wd OoS. In there you can sneak a few lasers and observe of your opponent is willing to compromise to whiff out an attack, or if they're waiting to stuff/ counter attack your approach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom