• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you show off?

Misty!

Smash Rookie
I'm interested to know how you guys show off, for example, what you do while the person is respawning or when you're stationary and from a distance, etc.

Personally with fox I just do spam double laser long jumps and with other characters I dash dance followed by a series empty SHFFLs.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
lol, good idea. I try to dash dance somtimes, pulse walking, shuffling, and blaster spamming are good too. If you wanna go for intense tricks, try stringing together waveshines and such. Its not so easy all the time, but it looks awesome.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
With Marth, I perform random dashdances, wavedances, double fairs, SH fair -> waveland...pretty much any tricky movement things Marth has.

With Falco, I'll stand in the middle of the stage and alternate SHL (one left, one right) with shines in between each one, usualy. Sometimes I like waveshining around too, or empty pillar. If I'm on Brinstar (not the one with Kraid. The one with the rising and falling lava), I'll break those weird gooey things holding the platforms down by pillaring them. If I KO my foe up, I have enough time to run over to the other one and break it too. Thats always fun.

Oh, and when I play Jiggs, if I KO my foe up, I'll hit rest on purpose. I wake up RIGHT before he respawns. One time a Fox tried to get a quick JC usmash on me after I did this, but I shieldgrabbed him at the last second (well acualy, it couldn't have been the LAST second, otherwise I would've powershielded :p), then proceeded to uthrow -> rest him for another KO.

EDIT: omg, I forgot the best taunt! As Pichu, after a KO, I'll use Thunder a few times (damaging myself) and say to my opponent "You seem to be having some trouble. Here, let me help you out a little" XD

Ares726

Smash Ace
I pick up the controller.

On a serious note, I charge needles in between stocks. If I have needles already, I transform into Zelda->taunt->transform back to Sheik.

Smash Master
As IC's, I do random desync shenanigans, like having Nana do f-tilts while Popo taunts. (I like to wobble.) As Fox, I SHDL across the stage. As Samus, I SWD away from the opponent's spawn point and charge up the blaster.

pdk

Smash Lord
if i'm playing DK i charge his giant punch in a fairly unusual way; shorthop, get one swing in then cancel it, rinse, repeat, even if i have plenty of time to charge (also his airdodge is awesome as a taunt)

for everyone else it's pretty standard; throw bombs everywhere with link, try to SWD, etc.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
With Captain Falcon I constantly spam Dair SHFFL. It makes him look funny.

Once I was about to rip off my shirt but decided not to considering that I would have to buy a new one.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
When I start dominating with Pika I will try to pull off as many taunts as I can before my opponent can hit me. I think my secord was 7 while doging my buddies moves the whole time. (yeah he may sound bad but i think he was more frustrated than anything):laugh:

Vall3y

Smash Lord
with falcon i moon walk, and with marth i do the usual dash dance wavedash shffl with my special signiture move -shorthops raising fair into wavelands into shorthops...

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
This is the best thread ever, I must say. Everyone does their unnecessary showing off. I mix it up, since Fox is oh-so flashy. I either waveshine in place, firefox on the ledge (like bombsoldier), or double shl all over the place. Then my opponent comes down from the platform and bair's me for the Avenger KO.

Misty!

Smash Rookie
Lol, at a tournament during in my school, in the finals I started showing off after I shined my opponent off the stage, then started spamming blasters and ended up suiciding with the illusion by accident. The funnier part is I still ended up 2-stocking him.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
i might shake my butt with down in 2 directions then wavedash off the edge making me grab it rhen i ledge jump up... when i am marth i taunt when my opponent uses a long attack or when they miss me and i backflip behind them then f smash i taunr after that...in both directions...

Zink

Smash Champion
You can do wierd wavedash stuff with Luigi, like a forced moonwalk, and then you try and see how many aerials you can pull off in a jump.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
In general, I SHFFL dairs, rapidly dashdance, or I crouch to the music. Sometimes I spam the move I just killed them with.

Character specific showing off:
Game & Watch: SHFFL dair, or I hold out the bucket and move back and forth. There's so much fun junk you can do with Game & Watch.
Falco: SHFFL dair, pillar the ground, hold shine and keep turning back and forth.
Luigi: WD around, do the running attack.
Ice Climbers: WD around, Desynched ANYTHING. My favorite is desynched taunt smashes. Also, I make Nana uair while Popo utilts. Looks funny. Or desynch and hold up so Nana jumps around while Popo walks lol
Ganon: SHFFL dair, do the giant punch, uptilt lol
Samus: SWD, Double Missiles.
Peach: Rapid DJC so I remain in place.

A few times with Game & Watch, when they're on the last stock and can't make it back to the stage, I jump out there with the bucket and say "I'll catch you!"

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Usually I only show off after I KO my opponent. I usually just WD or Dash Dance back and forth, that or I SHFFL. And occasionally when it's the last stock and I send them off the edge, I sometimes jump off too just for the heck of it. xD

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
lol, good idea. I try to dash dance somtimes, pulse walking, shuffling, and blaster spamming are good too.
What is pulse walking?

I'm pretty boring after I kill. I just use tilts and shffl'd nairs, and I stay in place (unless I want to move away from the opponent's spawn spot). After my last kill, I sometimes do my up B off the edge in a way that would kill me if the game lasted any longer.

Top Bottom