• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think GnW will do during the next tier list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
New tier list is coming up. How will GnW do?

I predict that he'll drop about 3-4 spots...
i don't really think it matters xD,people will still use him either way,he's still a really good character
overall

at most i think he'll drop 2 but i doubt it
His spot where he is now seems good

cutter

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure everyone is expecting him to plummet which is ok considering characters like Wario have really gone up while G&W has not been doing so hot in tournaments.

I don't care too much about tier lists though. They don't effect the actual game.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I hope G&W drops to bottom tier. Then people will start underestimating him since most people on Smashboards care too much about tiers. Then I will sneak in for the kill. :sniper:

I think I'm gonna start going to tournaments again. Probably only for doubles though.

Noa.

Smash Master
G&W is pretty much guaranteed to go down. His metagame hasn't been advancing much at all while other characters are.

And I'm a little happy that he's going down. People really tend to overrate him.

I hate when they call his smashes cheap.

foofatron

Smash Cadet
G&W is SSS. He's just too awesome to be on a tier list lol. He'll probably drop 2 spots :(.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I already know keke :).

I'm happy with his placement. It's accurate imo.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Probably will stay the same, except guys like Wario are going up to the top so technically he occupies a lower position...

Having advantage vs Falco and DDD still isn't a joke. Especially when both of those characters have the advantage vs Snake.

I think G&W is better than DDD however in terms of matchups....DDD has a few ridiculous matchups in his favor, and then there are a few that are ridiculously not in his favor...not a pretty combination. It's at least somewhat less extreme for G&W when it's not in his favor...

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I already know keke :).

I'm happy with his placement. It's accurate imo.
I know it too, but I disagree heavily on it's accuracy. it's probably you who pushed him to where he is. I HATE YOU HYLIAN. Jk. Sorta. :p

But yeah, I share similar sentiments with Ruuku and Cutter. This list release wont, and didnt in the past, change anything. My G&W is still going to beast just as hard when it gets released, maybe moreso because smashboarders seem to care so much about placement.

At least they did something right, that they messed up last time. Snake and MK are now together <3

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Uh, how do you know?

And we havent even decided tier groupings yet, and we are not finished lol...

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Through the power of friendship, I can overcome all obstacles.
I fight for them.

UH OH. You guys are going to change it now so I am wrong. fuuuuuuuuuuuc

Vinnie

Smash Master
Hylian, I just want to know...

some characters are a lot better in doubles than singles (like GnW)... and some characters are a lot better in singles than doubles (like diddy)... does doubles affect the tier list?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, I just want to know...

some characters are a lot better in doubles than singles (like GnW)... and some characters are a lot better in singles than doubles (like diddy)... does doubles affect the tier list?
Nope. Tier list is based off singles.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to say that D3's probably going down too, if all the other characters advance their game, considering he has one useless AT (Jet Shuffle). Pivot Grabs, etc don't count. But imo I don't think GaW's coming out of bottom of top or top of high. If Falco gets any better... (which imo he just had a discovery) GaW will probably stay the same.

lou4222

Smash Lord
GW is underplayed IMO. If he drops its because of his lack of people playing him. It seems like Wario, Marth, etc have gained in popularity while GW has almost decreased. GW is loaded and although has some bad matchups hes a beast. If he drops its alright because we know our character is amazing

Mr. Wonderful

Smash Cadet
low tier baby!
this.

game and watch should drop more then any other character, period. His meta game has gone nowhere. He's getting harder and harder to KO with by the day, and even his bair is starting to fail.

If he's top tier still, I'll be upset. Mid B tier is the best he should be.
And if he's not, its because no one plays him anymore, so no one notices how poor his game has gotten.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
I think he will drop a couple spots.

But there should be a doubles tier list. Gdub would be GOD TIER!!!:joyful:
let people get good on teams then say that :)

i thought he might be god tier in singles, well there ya go, people got good he ***** sux

teams is alot harder to get good at though 90% of smasher are horrible on teams its going to be a while

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
As long as Falco continues to be a threat, G&W is still going to be up there since he handles Falco really well.

Of course, Marth does better under the presence of Falco too keep in mind. <_<

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
lmao..comparing a guy who can kill with all his smashes at 80-90%...cancellable up+b + combo potential in the same category as say Captain Falcon or Jiggly Puff is ridiculous

u guys r dumb **** *******.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lmao..comparing a guy who can kill with all his smashes at 80-90%...cancellable up+b + combo potential in the same category as say Captain Falcon or Jiggly Puff is ridiculous

u guys r dumb **** *******.
No, we're just not really bad at the game.

Well, most of us.

No one is comparing him to Falcon or Jigs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You just contradicted yourself there. Nice.

As much as we may complain G&W can't land a kill move...landing kill moves is also incredibly difficult for Falco too...y'know. And he's not as safe offstage.

Vinnie

Smash Master
You just contradicted yourself there. Nice.

As much as we may complain G&W can't land a kill move...landing kill moves is also incredibly difficult for Falco too...y'know. And he's not as safe offstage.
at killing or near killing %s, a falco will do shl's on GnW. As soon as you try to bucket it, you'll get up smashed. Unless it's on a bigger stage where you can space out and avoid his range of dacus.

Valdens

Smash Ace
lol why does NoJ speak with such a high presence >_>

oh, and drop about 2 or 3 spots sadly

I think he has the potential to stay around the 5thish area, he's just underplayed

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bah...all the characters I use have gone down.

Mario, G&W, ROB, Ganondorf.

What's a guy like me to do? Too many characters to rep dude! XD

Mr. Wonderful

Smash Cadet
I'm honestly surprised its not lower. And from here on out, unless something completely game breaking is found, I think he's only going to continue to drop. And I'm going to bet thats not going to happen, given that it'd have to be better then bucket breaking.

For god's sake, bucket breaking is one of the most convenient AT's there is, and that didn't do him jack ****.

cutter

Smash Champion
Bucket Braking IS beneficial considering that it counterbalances one of G&W's worst attributes; his weight.

This doesn't solve anything else though. G&W's other flaws lie within the fundamentals of the game. He has no actual projectile to force approaches (don't kid yourself guys, Chef is just another tool to augment G&W's spacing) making it a nightmare to approach someone who can camp like a *****. People have learned to SDI G&W's Bair and even hit G&W right out of it. We're always trying to come up with new tricks to mask G&W's downsides (ie charging Usmash, Bair cancel) but in the end they're mostly mindgames.

Ironically, Brawl+ doesn't really help to fix G&W's problems in vBrawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom