• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think the World will End?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
No, I was listing ways that Earth will be destroyed and all. Scientist tried calculating the slowing down of the Universe's expansion to determine if we'll die in the big crunch (everything collapses into a very tiny point). Scientists have found that the Universe is accelerating in it's expansion, so no Big crunch for us. This, however, makes the big rip a possibility (where everything explodes, it will take a few billion years for the galaxy to explode, and the solar system millions of years to explode, but Earth takes an Hour, and you may take a short sentence.
Yeah I know I big rip.

A few seconds before it's over, the particles will rip apart.

But I like the Big Crunch better because a new Universe could be formed afterward.

The Big Crumble is an interesting because it assumes that all constants of science won't remain constant.

The Big Expansion is actually a backfire. Even assuming the Earth manage to avoid being swallowed by the sun, the Big Expansion will just make the Earth move farther and farther away from it.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
And so can any other theory. According to Quantum Mechanics, Empty space can (and does) counts as something, and it also says that given infinite time, the impossible can happen, like a new Universe! (this is similar to the monkey writing Shakespeare Idea).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
^Actuallly the universe can end. theres like... 7 of them...
There is no scientific, realistic, or visual evidence to support this.

Just as there was no proof hundreds of years ago when the world was thought to be flat and in the center of the universe.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I'm betting mankind will destroy the Earth or put it on the brink of destruction. Either that or Godzilla will destroy the Earth. History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of men. Good thing I'm in an alternate reality and only the cool people on my list gets invited to the alternate reality.

Overload

Smash Lord
I think overpopulation is going to be a problem in the future. It will lead to over consumption.
China is a good example.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
War takes care of overpopulation (sad/scary but true). So does moving to a different planet. Or.... maybe humans will start inhabiting the ocean (above and under), and the sky. That still, leaves us with overconsumption as a problem though.

Majini

Smash Apprentice
The world will end long after humans are gone. It's something we won't have to worry about.

Panix

Smash Ace
and by the way....

the earth won't be (quote unquote) "destroyed" by this asteriod that has a chance of hitting us in the near future....

i've read up on ways to destroy the earth "im not a creeper" and in all of the disccussion only one answer is really agreed on.

The only realistic fact that we will see in our life time that can destroy the earth is anthor object either equal or greater size colliding with the earth. say if the moon crashed into the earth, yes...the earth will take "HEAVY" damage and its surface will probably be uninhabitable for anthor couple of million of years. that being said, the earth will not be destroyed.

EVEN IF YOU PUT ALL OF THE WORLDS NUKES IN THE CENTER OF THE EARTH THE WORLD WILL NOT BE DESTROYED!!.

the earths core has a magnetic field. if we were to blow it up, and i mean litterally, blow this planet up, it will shatter. but pieces of the earth will still stay around. the earths core will then pull the peices back into place (because of it's magnificent core...) now, will it kill everybody? yes...but if mass genocide is what your looking for then there are plenty of other ways of doing it. will it make the earth uninhabitable forever? I don't know that much, but i would assume so, considering the fact that the earths water would either A. be dried up in the explosion, or B. be scatter around the solar system (not to sure about that one)

What I'm saying is that the earth is built to last, maybe not for you and me, but it's going to live through anything we can put it through.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
EVEN IF YOU PUT ALL OF THE WORLDS NUKES IN THE CENTER OF THE EARTH THE WORLD WILL NOT BE DESTROYED!!.

the earths core has a magnetic field. if we were to blow it up, and i mean litterally, blow this planet up, it will shatter. but pieces of the earth will still stay around. the earths core will then pull the peices back into place (because of it's magnificent core...)
Am I the only one who read this and thought: 'Oh cool! Assuming we don't all die, our planet could potentially just be made up of a bunch of land masses that are just kinda of... floating there and held in place by a magnetic core? That would be pretty sweet. We'd just need some sort of device that would allow us to travel from land mass to land mass.'

Srsly, imagine if the world was like that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom