• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you unlock Isaac?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Has anyone found out how to unlock Isaac's AT yet?
1000th post w00t!
Does it revolve around what people (including myself) though was Mt.Aleph? :|

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I want to know, too. It's one of the first things I will do when I get the game.

Kind of sad that that's what I have to look forward too. :(

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's an Isaac AT.

EPIC FAIL!
... There is...
We've seen the unlock screen, multiple people have claimed to see it in a stream. It exists, but nobody has said how to unlock or shown what he does.
It's frustrating, it seems the people who are providing us with media on Brawl don't care much about ATs. Personally, aside from characters, I would say they are the coolest feature in Brawl.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
There is an Isaac AT, someone posted a screenshot of it.

And I agree that it is most likely through Challenge mode.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I don't think there's an Isaac AT.

EPIC FAIL!
Use a dictionary to find out what epic means, then use a dictionary to find out what fail means (which I'm sure you've seen countless times). After you do that, do some research on these forums, and then last but not least realise who was on the forums longer.

Is it still epic fail?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Use a dictionary to find out what epic means, then use a dictionary to find out what fail means (which I'm sure you've seen countless times). After you do that, do some research on these forums, and then last but not least realise who was on the forums longer.

Is it still epic fail?
Maybe he meant to imply that the statement he made was "EPIC FAIL"?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Your Hero said:
then last but not least realise who was on the forums longer.
So if i posted to say it was epic fail it would be okay since i've been here nearly 10 times as long as you?

jk, Isaac's awesome, but saying someone has a less viable opinion since they haven't been around as long as you is ridiculously ********. By your logic, my opinion will always outweigh yours. Epically.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
So if i posted to say it was epic fail it would be okay since i've been here nearly 10 times as long as you?

jk, Isaac's awesome, but saying someone has a less viable opinion since they haven't been around as long as you is ridiculously ********. By your logic, my opinion will always outweigh yours. Epically.
It was said for respect, not for knowledge.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
This is interesting, would somebody be able to get hold of said screenshot? Also, was that actually Mt. Aleph or just a very similar clone of Mt. Aleph which was present in SSE?

-- Andy

AH! FOUND IT!

I really do hope this is real, I mean, a Golden Sun reference alone would be more than enough for me =D. And the Psynergy rumours of his attack sound awesome =D. Fingers crossed ^^.

Krell

Smash Journeyman

This is the picture of Isaac being unlocked. I don't read Japanese, but everybody says it states that you have unlocked Robin. Robin is Isaac's Japanese name.

Edit: Lol, sorry, I see I was beaten to it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I want to see a picture of what he looks like... :(

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Haha sorry about that. So does anybody know if Mt. Aleph was there? It seems kinda unlikely now, but they were uncannily similar.

-- Andy

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I want to see a picture of what he looks like... :(
Bassoonist, we always seem to run into each other in Isaac related threads... haha.
Yeah, I really want to see him. Somebody stated that he uses psynergy hands to toss people off stage, that would be cool.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
It COULD be a shoop, but I doubt it... you start off with something like 20 ATs, and according to Sakurai, the number of ATs is absolutely impressive. 20 is not impressive from any standpoint.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
There are certainly more than 20 haha. So many characters O.O. I'm looking forward to this =D.

And I take it nobody could answer my question then? T.T

What's that mountain ****it haha.

-- Andy

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I would look for the answer andy, but I don't want to spoil SSE anymore to myself.. (unless if it involves Isaac of course ;))

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen this mountain myself. I've been avoiding most SSE spoilers... what makes you guys think it looks so much like Mt. Aleph as opposed to any other generic mountain cave area?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Want me to post it?

It's basically a really thin and tall mountain on the eastern side of the SSE map that has a cloud ring around it..

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Want me to post it?

It's basically a really thing and tall mountain on the eastern side of the SSE map that has a cloud ring around it..
I would appreciate that. Perhaps just link us instead of showing the picture so as not to spoil it for those who don't want to see.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Naw, I'm just going to show you the one on the DOJO :p

to the right of the "HARD" and "VERY HARD" options ;)

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
As seen below, they're pretty much identical. Either the design was copied directly for inspiration for something else, or it is actually Mt. Aleph.

And yea Your Hero, I'm avoiding SSE stuff too! I saw enough when somebody didn't put spoiler tags and showed all those screens x.x. Now I seem to know all the stages to boot XD. Never mind..

-- Andy

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Interesting... I honestly don't think it's Mt. Aleph, merely because of GS's insignificance in Brawl, but it is possible that Golden Sun inspired this location.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
I just made a quick image on Paint Shop, and edited the post above. It should be easier to compare the two now. So yea, they're pretty much one and the same.. yet you're right, Golden Sun hasn't got that big of a role. Who knows x.x.

-- Andy

lceman

Smash Cadet
star wolf, falco, R.O.B., Mr. game and watch, toon link, luigi, gannondorf, captain falcon, ness and lucario.

Tanea

Smash Ace
wow i had no idea that you had to unlock ur AT's feel so stupid now but it is great to see that all the content that they have given us isn't all just righ there but it is a challenge goood one sakurai:):):):):):):

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
What a waste of Potential... his final smash could have been those hands... and they could have caused major knockback...

-sigh- I'm not even a Isaac Fanboy.. heck I've never even played the game.. but even I know what a waste of potential that was.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What a waste of Potential... his final smash could have been those hands... and they could have caused major knockback...

-sigh- I'm not even a Isaac Fanboy.. heck I've never even played the game.. but even I know what a waste of potential that was.
That attack's actually pretty basic in the games and I imagine he'd have something much more flashy for a final smash. There's always SSB4 I guess. :ohwell:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It is indeed a HUGE waste of potential.

I can't help but feel that is all the roster is, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It is indeed a HUGE waste of potential.

I can't help but feel that is all the roster is, though.
Wasted potential? I hear you. I personally think Nintendo had the game of the decade on its hands but I think they put too much focus into minor things like the stickers with the individual powerups, the game demos, etc. Like I've said in other threads, they didn't fix some of the problems with Melee and they even added some more to the mix. Granted, they don't utterly ruin the game but, like I said, squandered potential.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I was mega disappointed with Isaac not being playable, as well. Probably only second to Bassoonist (I saw him in every thread I complained in, doing the same haha). But, I did get a chance to play the game the other day, and I must say, all doubt about the roster melted away as I played. You'll enjoy it so much, you won't care who's in and who's out. And at least the Isaac AT does some appropriate Psynergy and not just boring hack and slash.

Top Bottom